“Easy access, Comfortable Stay”

SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Great location off of I5. Hotel room was clean and spacious. Got in late and enjoyed a drink and appetizers at the well stocked bar. Food was delicious and fresh. Breakfast offered a large selection of bread items plus scrambled eggs, bagon, sausage and potatoes. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Valet parking only. Starbucks across the street is closed on the weekends. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Realaloha

Reviewed March 15, 2009

I don't know how anyone could say anything bad about this hotel..Location is rather hard to find but what a surprise when you do...Staff are wonderful and the rooms are
impeccable...We are going back to Seattle this summer and will stay here for sure.
I have nothing bad to say... The breakfast was exceptional....The whole stay was wonderful and we looking forward to seeing them again....Might also say we had four friends with us who all agreed with us on how great this hotel is.

Darla Rowe

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank darlaro
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Have stayed at this hotel in the past and enjoyed it, but not this last time. Room overlooked the alley and garbage cans. Be sure to request a corner room if you can. Remodel in the lobby turned it from cozy & conversational to cold and museum-like. The furniture is really spread out making it difficult to have an intimate or quiet conversation with someone without shouting or moving the furniture. If you're thinking about room service you'd better really like spicy asian cuisine because that's all they offer. Not real crazy about the $20/day mandatory valet parking, and certainly wasn't happy when items were missing from my vehicle. However, the breakfast is fantastic! But at $150 a night (including valet), Seattle offers many other hotels that have better locations, views, food options and parking.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank FrozenSox
Reviewed January 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for a night. We booked a room from a website of Seattle Supersaver (https://www.seattlesupersaver.com/) and the room was only $89 a night with full breakfast, which was pretty good. The room was well-appointed and clean. Our room was facing the highway, but was still quiet. The exercise room was going under the reno. but it did not bother us. My husband liked it so much that we wanted to extend our stay, but could not get the same rate directly with the hotel. For the price of $89 it was a bargain, but for extra $50 on top of that, we decided not to stay an extra night. Overall, we were happy with the stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chiggy
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Nice room, actually a large one room with enough room for two full size beds and a pull-out sofa and kitchenette. Our room was quiet, could not hear the freeway noise.

Restaurants not close by but walkable distance.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Travelnut808
Reviewed November 22, 2008

My sister & I sepnt 2 nights here and were impressed by the hotel. Upon arrival in the morning, we were offered a free breakfast while the friendly desk clerk checked to see whether any rooms were immediately available for us. No room was free so early, so our bags were stored while we left to expore the city.
While not right downtown, the hotel is an easy 5-10 minutes walk from many locations in the city. It's exceptionally close to the huge REI flagship store and a few minutes' walk (up/downhill) from a Whole Foods packed with delicious supper options should you prefer to 'eat in'.
The 'suite' we had was quite small and the beds were fairly wedged in, but this allowed us to have a small sofa as well as a desk and kitchen area - all facilities we appreciated having.
The selection at the free breakfast buffet was impressive and the dining area was nicely set out with plenty of space to enjoy your meal.
Overall, we were impressed with our stay at the Springhill Suites - it provided an excellent base from which to explore the city and the facilities included meade it excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank ams
Reviewed October 21, 2008

This was my 1st time at Springhill Suites. It looks nicer than it does on the hotel website. It has a nice lobby and my floor was kept impeccably clean. I paid $149 a night, which I thought was a lot, but when I saw the room, which was partitioned into separate areas for the bathroom, bedroom, desk, living room and kitchen, I thought it was very good value.

The hotel is located seven blocks from downtown Seattle and the Space Needle, and some Tripadvisor reviewers were correct in saying that parts of the area near the hotel are not the most pleasant. I encountered a beggar who swore at me.

I could see a glimpse of the Space Needle from my room in the daytime and at night. Check-in was nice, I was given a warm welcome, along with a map of Seattle. But the keys to my room did not work and I had to get them reactivated, front desk gave me a voucher for a free drink. Room service was promoted, but was disappointing. I ordered fish and chips, the fish tasted like it was still in the freezer. Also, the hotel offered to book a town car to the airport and said it would be a fixed rate of $35, but turned out to be $40.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hydepark