We got this hotel on the Seattle Supersaver for 3 nights at the beginning of September, 2008. It proved to be an excellent choice.
The hotel is modern and clean with a nice lobby and bar. The indoor swimming pool and whirlpool were great. The towels were provided, the water in the whirlpool was at just right temperature. There was a computer room on the ground floor with free internet access, two computers and a printer. Access provided with the room “key” (electronic card). All free of charge.
The check-in and out was a breeze.
The room was decent size with king size bed, living area with sofa, and a kitchenette. Everything worked fine. We did not use kitchenette. Excellent buffet breakfast was provided, and we did not feel like cooking dinners there. Fridge came handy though to store some drinks. It is true that there are no restaurants nearby, but a walk to downtown takes only about 20 minutes, and the selection there is very good. There was also free coffee in the lobby 24h a day, usually of quite decent quality and relatively fresh. Starbucks is across the street for more sophisticated brew.
The area around hotel is not particularly pleasant and some may feel a bit uneasy in the evening. A lot better though than other areas in Seattle, for example around Pioneer Square. The Highway 5 is just outside the hotel. It is a bit noisy, but did not bother us, even that our room was on the highway side.
Hotel charges extra for parking, but we did not have a car so we did not care.
There is a free shuttle to downtown, but only every hour, and by reservation. We did not use this service. We walked everywhere. Both: downtown, and space needle area are only about 20 minutes walk from the hotel.
Overall it was a great place to stay, and we would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites