“Great hotel in Downtown Seattle”

SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #61 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Booked this hotel through SeattleSupersaver website for one night before a cruise. It was great! We got a $139 weekend rate which was lower than any other decent downtown hotel. It was a little further out than most hotels but was not a bad walk, even to the Pike Place Market. The hotel was very clean and well-kept and the staff was quite helpful and friendly. The bed was comfy. There is even a washer and drier, which we used due to something spilling in our suitcase. There is nothing to eat really close but a nice mall with restaraunts 10 or so blocks away. i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H2Odivr
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union

Reviewed August 8, 2008

This hotel was a good value. When we arrived we were booked on one of top floors, on the I-5 side of hotel. This room seemed too noisy for us, so we asked for and received a room change to a west side room. This was less noisy. This hotel is on busy streets and very near a highway, so it isn't the most quiet hotel. Still the west side room was fine and we slept well.
The beds and linens were very comfortable. I wish the pillows were a bit firmer, but they were fine. Neutrogena body products were nice.
Free wireless access, and a nice business center for printing, etc., also free. Access to nice gym across the street.
The breakfast was great. There was fruit, waffles, oatmeal and other cereals, sausage, bacon and eggs, and the standard continental breakfast breads. Nice coffee and juice.
I really appreciated the location. It is a doable walk both to Seattle Center and downtown. We had a car ( 20$ parking), and it was a breeze to get on highway and get to farther places. Seattle has a great bus system, too.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank timidtravelerUs
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Location: Hotel is somewhat far from the actual downtown area. It is situated near the I-5 and REI. If you have a car, you can get to Pike Place Market, Seattle Aquarium, Argosys cruise, the Space Needle & other points of interests downtown in 5-7 mins. If you'd rather walk, then it's a good 20-25 mins.

Suite: Rooms were spacious with two TVs and a separate sit-in area w/ microwave & fridge (always a plus in my family!!!). Beds were very comfortable. My husband had a restful sleep!

Food: Delicious hot breakfast buffet, which was plentiful & fabulous! Loved the waffles w/ peach fruit topping! Only drawback was the dining area was crowded, overflow crowds had to sit in the lounge area. Check out the Crab Pot at Pike Place - long wait but the seafood was worth it!

There's a Starbucks and Subway fast food place across the street. A 24-hr. Fitness gym across the street as well.

Front desk staff very helpful. Only drawback was we asked for wake-up call and no one woke us up.

Pool (although small) was relaxing late at night.

Transportation: Around Seattle, we parked our car across the street from Ivar's at Pike Place Market for all day parking ($25). Convenient buses everywhere. Took the bus to get to Space Needle, Seattle Center, and the monorail to downtown's shopping district. Only walked 2-3 blocks to get to PPM.

Purchased the Seattle GoCard for added savings on attractions for family.

Overall, next time we're in Seattle will definitely stay at Springhill Suites Marriott downtown!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank rabocse
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Myself and 2 girlfriends of mine stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in June. We all shared a room with 2 double beds and 1 pull-out sofa bed. My only complaint about the room would be that if it was just even 1 foot deeper, it would be been perfect. When the sofabed is pulled out it touches the other two beds so you have to climb over it to get to the bathroom. Other than that, the room was a good size and was just right for us.
We arrived late on a Thursday night and to my chagrin there was no linen bundle for the sofa bed. I rang the front desk and had everything I needed in less than 5 minutes. The following morning I rang to request extra towels and had those delivered to me as well in under 5 minutes.
Breakfast was included, which was a huge plus. On offer were both hot & cold items of every description, both healthy and not so healthy foods, there was even a waffle station! We were extremely satisfied with the breakfast and found it to be tremendous value.
The beds (even the pull-out) were very comfortable and the linens were soft and cozy.
I found all the staff to be pleasant and very helpful. We did not use the hotel's shuttle service, so I cannot comment on that. We walked everywhere and if we were tired at the end of the day we hailed a cab.
The location of the hotel is good, but do you need to walk (or use the hotel shuttle service). It took us about 15 minutes to walk to the Space Needle and about the same to get to the waterfront. Keep in mind that Seattle is very hilly, so be prepared for that.
We booked our room through the hotel's website directly, which was the same price as Expedia. After all was said and done in terms of taxes, it was $218 a night, which I think is great for 3 people in a city.
All 3 of us were very pleased with this hotel and I would certainly stay there again or try any other Springhill Suites hotel in any other location.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsOdie
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Priceline $70/night...couldn't beat it for downtown. OK, so it was a bit out of downtown, but we still walked!. We're both 55 and found no trouble walking to and from Safeco Field. One day we caught the hotel shuttle to Westlake Center, then hoofed it. Another day we did catch a free bus from downtown, (remember the city bus is free as long as you're in the yellow part of town....get a map!). Other 2 games we walked back and forth. How far is it? Far, but how far ,I don't know. You can get there in a half hour.
So if we can walk to Safeco, you can get to the Market or the Space Needle.
Some reviews mentioned noise from I-5. A week b4 we arrived I called and requested a room away from it. I was told that rooms would be assigned the day of arrival, but that my request would be entered. It was, and we got a room away from the freeway.
The room was great, but the breakfast each morning, was even better. Just about anything you can imagine, within reason. No omelets, fired eggs or pancakes, but just about everything else: waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bagels, cold/hot cereal, fruit, sausage, bacon, juice, milk, coffee 24/7.
This place can't be beat. I don't care what anyone says!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddiechuck
Reviewed June 16, 2008

I am shocked that anyone would rate this hotel less than excellent. The staff was wonderful, the rooms clean, breakfast delicious, the shuttle was handy and the health club across the street was awsome. Sure you can pay $250+ and be right downtown, but if you don't mind walking 10-12 minutes to all the major sites this is the place to stay. We took advantage of their free shuttle which runs on the hour for some trips, but it was very easy just to walk. I left a few things behind and the housecleaning staff placed it in their safe until I was able to pick it up a week later when our Alaskan cruise was over. I am a light sleeper and asked for a room in the front of the building on the 10th floor and slept through the night. They even arranged a $7 shuttle ride to the docks for us. Free internet use was a added bonus. I have already recommended this hotel to friends going to Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CapeCodSmiley
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stay at the Springhill Suites 5/15-5/18, spending a few days in Seattle prior our Alaskan cruise. I guess we are not the only cruis goers that know about this hotel. Sunday morning it was swamped with cruisers checking in oand out! We enjoyed our stay immensely. The fab rate we got from Priceline made it a steal, we paid just $75.00 a night. What a bargin for this hotel, a full hot breakfast included everyday and a shuttle service that got us around.

A major concern for us was transportation to the Pier for our cruise. I looked into to shuttle, cabs, Towncars, etc. prior to leaving an found various fare, all as around $35++. This seemed crazy since the hotel is less than 3 miles from the Pier. I inquired at the front desk and they made arrangement on a shuttle for us at just $4.50 a person! Again what a steal. Another couple staying at the Springhill Suites called a cab, we beat them to the Pier and they paid $35 plus a tip. The hotel staff was great, extremely friendly and very knowledgable.

I read other reviews and was a little concerned about the noise. Other members of our party are light sleepers. No complaints regarding the noise. They did mention the drapery issue, and the early morning sunlight. Turns out they did not see the cords room darkening drapes, no problem after we showed them!

We definitely enjoyed our stay and visit again!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family