SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #60 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had pretty much all the amenities you could need. Great location. Close to restaurants, market, gym and walking distance to major attractions. A favorite restaurant was 13 Coins. It was open 24 hours with a full menu. The 60's Vegas lounge feel made you think Sinatra could be at the next table.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here Nov. 22-24 as part of their Groupon special. We had a 2 double bed room on the 9th floor (room 912 if I recall correctly).

The hotel and rooms are generally updated, modern, and clean. We did not visit the pool/hot tub area. Breakfast was good, though there was a long lineup (probably due to the Groupon success), with a good selection of foods. The line went quickly and there was ample seating for the crowd in the dining and bar area. WiFi access was good and fast.

The one, but major, drawback which made me lower the rating to 3 from 4, was that the mattresses were old and concave. It was like sleeping on a leaky air mattress. They were unable to replace the mattresses as they had no extras in storage, but did offer us a different room at noon. We declined that option as we only had 1 more night and didn't want to waste our day at the hotel. If they replace the mattresses I'll stay again, but no if not.

One other minor drawback was that I did not find any convenience/supermarket within a 1-2 block radius... BUT REI is a block away for outdoor enthusiasts.

Note, all parking on site is valet... but this was included with the Groupon special ($22+ otherwise if I remember correctly). There is metered street parking available as well, and a small outdoor pay parking lot nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here over Thanksgiving, used a groupon special. Ideal location for downtown. We walked to downtown, Pikes Pl Market etc. The hotel has a shuttle to Seattle Center, Westlake, and the Convention Center, we chose to walk. The rooms are arranged oddly. When the sofa bed is pulled out, its hard to get around the room and if there was an emergency like a fire, its not safe. Also the mattress on the king bed was so hard! There is also mandatory valet parking $22.00 a day plus tips every time we needed the car. The groupon did include parking, no extra charge.
The hot breakfast was good, lots of selection. It was always busy and seating limited.
Pool, hot tub, exercise room were adequate.
Staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean and had a small fridge and microwave.
For the price we paid, the location, and on a holiday weekend we were pleased.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was an excellent place for a one-night stay. The front desk representative was very polite and applied the negotiated rate upon my arrival. This was around 30$ less than the rate that I got online. Will definitely visit here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I just a completed a quick overnight in Seattle and really enjoyed our stay here. Everyone on staff was very courteous and check in was a breeze. The valet staff were awesome as well! The room was good sized. The location of the TV is odd, but I understand why it is there so you can either turn it in the living room area and then turn it to the bedroom, but that was a minor issue. The bed was a little hard for my tastes, but not too bad.

Breakfast was slammed and there was quite a line to get in, but it was quick and we got in right away. The food was very good so it was worth the short wait.

The hotel is close to everything, and even has a shuttle. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in 804, which faced the freeway, but it wasn't loud at all. Good insulation.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D W
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I travel frequently and this is absolutely my favorite place to stay in Seattle. They have the best breakfasts, clean rooms and the nicest staff you will ever encounter! I'm so surprised to see these negative reviews... My experiences have always been great at this hotel. Even when I have had minor issues come up the front desk is always so kind and willing to go the extra mile to take care of whatever I needed. Thank you, SpringHill Seattle staff! You guys rock!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Good day to you, Notameanie! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon. Cheers to you!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

From the moment of check-in to check-out, this was a great hotel. My friend picked me up at the airport and then we went to the hotel. Very easy access off the I-5. Check-in was a breeze and the booking was all as requested.

We had a King suite and my friend said the sofa bed was comfortable to get a good night's sleep. We had to call the front desk as the sofa did not have any bedding on it - they were in a cupboard and someone came immediately to help us. My bed was comfortable.

The cupboard s somewhat smallish but plenty of coat hangers.

The bathroom was a good size and functional and it was nice to have a basin/sink in a separate area outside the bathroom. Amenities included separate shampoo and conditioner, as well as soap and body wash. The towels were a good size, but a couple of them had a musty smell - fortunately there were extra towels.

But the breakfast - what a wonderful surprise - hot buffet breakfast each morning included with the rate, and coffee constantly available in the lobby.

And Wall Street Journal available each morning.

We walked everywhere. Yes, there is a shuttle but we did not need to catch it. Walked to Pike Market, Pioneer Place, Space Neede and Lake. Great easy walking. Yes that are some are sow folks who are own on their luck - but this is a downtown city area. Watch yourself. Had someone who was "follwing" us but this was in the Pioneer Place area.

Went on a great tour, Bill Spiedel's Underground tour - highly recommend for the history, and a number of great galleries for North West art.

Had booked an early morning wake up call ad a car to take me to the airport. The call did not happen but fortunately I had set my alarm as well, but the car was there which was the mre important issue. Great car service the hotel uses and they take credit cards.

I also had room service and recommend the salmon burger - the salmon was great, and the asparagus soup was very tasty. Room service was very prompt and order was as requested.

Be aware there s quite a hefty room tax (presumably paid to the city), so it turns a $160 room into over $200 - not the hotel's fault, but be aware as I was surprised by the additional taxes being so high.

Overall, a wonderful stay and would stay here again if I came to Seattle.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 906 - nice high room overlooking the freeway, but could not hear the cars.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings AussieNarelle! Thank you for your feeback. We are happy that you were happy with your stay with us. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! (I hope you are actually Australian!) Cheers!