“Great Stay over the week of the 4th”

SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #64 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Sterling, AK
“Great Stay over the week of the 4th”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Priceline $70/night...couldn't beat it for downtown. OK, so it was a bit out of downtown, but we still walked!. We're both 55 and found no trouble walking to and from Safeco Field. One day we caught the hotel shuttle to Westlake Center, then hoofed it. Another day we did catch a free bus from downtown, (remember the city bus is free as long as you're in the yellow part of town....get a map!). Other 2 games we walked back and forth. How far is it? Far, but how far ,I don't know. You can get there in a half hour.
So if we can walk to Safeco, you can get to the Market or the Space Needle.
Some reviews mentioned noise from I-5. A week b4 we arrived I called and requested a room away from it. I was told that rooms would be assigned the day of arrival, but that my request would be entered. It was, and we got a room away from the freeway.
The room was great, but the breakfast each morning, was even better. Just about anything you can imagine, within reason. No omelets, fired eggs or pancakes, but just about everything else: waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bagels, cold/hot cereal, fruit, sausage, bacon, juice, milk, coffee 24/7.
This place can't be beat. I don't care what anyone says!!

• Liked — the breakfast
  • Disliked — the area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eddiechuck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
Cape Cod
Reviewed June 16, 2008

I am shocked that anyone would rate this hotel less than excellent. The staff was wonderful, the rooms clean, breakfast delicious, the shuttle was handy and the health club across the street was awsome. Sure you can pay $250+ and be right downtown, but if you don't mind walking 10-12 minutes to all the major sites this is the place to stay. We took advantage of their free shuttle which runs on the hour for some trips, but it was very easy just to walk. I left a few things behind and the housecleaning staff placed it in their safe until I was able to pick it up a week later when our Alaskan cruise was over. I am a light sleeper and asked for a room in the front of the building on the 10th floor and slept through the night. They even arranged a $7 shuttle ride to the docks for us. Free internet use was a added bonus. I have already recommended this hotel to friends going to Seattle.

• Liked — The service from the staff - they were very accommodating, helpful and pleasant!
  • Disliked — The pool & hot tub. Free use of the health club across the street gave us the use of a great pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CapeCodSmiley
Hammonton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stay at the Springhill Suites 5/15-5/18, spending a few days in Seattle prior our Alaskan cruise. I guess we are not the only cruis goers that know about this hotel. Sunday morning it was swamped with cruisers checking in oand out! We enjoyed our stay immensely. The fab rate we got from Priceline made it a steal, we paid just $75.00 a night. What a bargin for this hotel, a full hot breakfast included everyday and a shuttle service that got us around.

A major concern for us was transportation to the Pier for our cruise. I looked into to shuttle, cabs, Towncars, etc. prior to leaving an found various fare, all as around $35++. This seemed crazy since the hotel is less than 3 miles from the Pier. I inquired at the front desk and they made arrangement on a shuttle for us at just $4.50 a person! Again what a steal. Another couple staying at the Springhill Suites called a cab, we beat them to the Pier and they paid $35 plus a tip. The hotel staff was great, extremely friendly and very knowledgable.

I read other reviews and was a little concerned about the noise. Other members of our party are light sleepers. No complaints regarding the noise. They did mention the drapery issue, and the early morning sunlight. Turns out they did not see the cords room darkening drapes, no problem after we showed them!

We definitely enjoyed our stay and visit again!

• Liked — The complimentary breakfast and shuttle.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank KellyAnneinNJ
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2008

This is a nice hotel in close proximity to downtown, Safeco field, etc. Our room was spacious and had nice amenities--coffeemaker with coffee/condiments, iron and board, blowdryer, refrigerator, etc. Check in and out were both smooth. We requested a crib--someone brought it, set it up, and put sheets on it...WOW. Though it is a "residence type" hotel, the service is great, decor is nice, and they even have great room service.

• Liked — Room service
  • Disliked — Parking, but it is expected downtown.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank AuntieAnne22
Hampton Bays, NY
Reviewed May 26, 2008

After reading the reviews I requested a room away from the the the Interstate but to be honest all sides of the hotel are bordered by city streets. At night there were sirens, motorcycles etc. It was as loud as staying in a Manhattan hotel. So if you are looking for a quiet nights sleep you might be disappointed. The room was nice and the bed was VERY firm. They give you these half pillows. There are about 8 on the bed but I couldn't get used to them. The toilet was clogged the first time we used it but housekeeping was there 5 minutes after we called them.

The breakfast which was included was outstanding. You had the waffle iron, eggs, bacon,sausage,cereal, toast ,bagels, english muffins, toast, fruit and fruit juices,yogurt,danish and of course coffee. (Hazelnut,regular and decaf.) I had no problem ever getting a table. I figured this saved me $20 bucks a day for my wife and myself. The staff are super friendly and efficient. They have a cocktail lounge were you can get appetizers and a happy hour from 4-7.

I had the friends and family rates of $89 a night and no car so I didn't have to deal with parking. Their shuttle service takes you to the Westlake Center and the Space Needle on the hour. ( It would be nice if they added a stop at Pikes Market.) You can also call them for pick up service as well. You are about a mile from the Westlake center and 2 miles to Pike's Market. You can catch a bus outside the hotel which takes you downtown, but beware nobody in Seattle including the Bus drivers know how this system works. I had three large books which I got on various buses and mine still weren't listed in them. There are hundreds of buses in this city. You only can buy an All Day pass on the bus on the weekends. During the week you have to find an outlet that sells them, the location of which, seems to be a State secret. However I must say everyone is cheerfully willing to give you advice so it was hard for me to get mad for incorrect advice because Seattlians are so nice.

There are a lot of hills in the city but if you like walking this hotel is a great choice because you are no more than 2 miles from anything. I would certainly stay there again.

• Liked — Fre Breakfast
  • Disliked — Hotel needs a facelift
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kellyjam
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Stayed at Springhill Suites last night while in town for Supercross race at Qwest stadium. Got a great rate, with taxes and valet parking fee $103., but still not worth it IMO.
The front desk people were great, gave me keys to 2 rooms to check out the noice level, I selected a room on the back side of the 9th floor which had a view of the sound, which was nice. The drapes are only for looks as they do not close (why?), so at about 5am the room started to light up, and though the noice from the Interstate was not loud enough to wake us up it was loud enough to keep us awake combined with the lit up room!
The $21.78 manditory valet parking was a pain, we called ahead, our car was there when we came down but we had to wait for a long time to get the keys because they were so unorganized.
Marriott has been consistently one of our favorite places to stay around the US, but not this one.

• Liked — free breakfast
  • Disliked — No drapes to block sunlight or other guests view into the room.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funmomwithteens
washington, dc
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This hotel was an awesome deal! We booked through seattlesupersaver.com and it was only $100 a night for king suites!

It's in sort of a random spot but it's a quick walk, shuttle ride or cab ride to downtown stuff. They have a shuttle that leaves the hotel once an hour and it was only $6-8 for a cab ride to other neighborhoods.

The rooms were big and clean and and the hot breakfast buffet was great.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business