After reading the reviews I requested a room away from the the the Interstate but to be honest all sides of the hotel are bordered by city streets. At night there were sirens, motorcycles etc. It was as loud as staying in a Manhattan hotel. So if you are looking for a quiet nights sleep you might be disappointed. The room was nice and the bed was VERY firm. They give you these half pillows. There are about 8 on the bed but I couldn't get used to them. The toilet was clogged the first time we used it but housekeeping was there 5 minutes after we called them.
The breakfast which was included was outstanding. You had the waffle iron, eggs, bacon,sausage,cereal, toast ,bagels, english muffins, toast, fruit and fruit juices,yogurt,danish and of course coffee. (Hazelnut,regular and decaf.) I had no problem ever getting a table. I figured this saved me $20 bucks a day for my wife and myself. The staff are super friendly and efficient. They have a cocktail lounge were you can get appetizers and a happy hour from 4-7.
I had the friends and family rates of $89 a night and no car so I didn't have to deal with parking. Their shuttle service takes you to the Westlake Center and the Space Needle on the hour. ( It would be nice if they added a stop at Pikes Market.) You can also call them for pick up service as well. You are about a mile from the Westlake center and 2 miles to Pike's Market. You can catch a bus outside the hotel which takes you downtown, but beware nobody in Seattle including the Bus drivers know how this system works. I had three large books which I got on various buses and mine still weren't listed in them. There are hundreds of buses in this city. You only can buy an All Day pass on the bus on the weekends. During the week you have to find an outlet that sells them, the location of which, seems to be a State secret. However I must say everyone is cheerfully willing to give you advice so it was hard for me to get mad for incorrect advice because Seattlians are so nice.
There are a lot of hills in the city but if you like walking this hotel is a great choice because you are no more than 2 miles from anything. I would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites