SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very nice .... I would stay again. The staff was wonderful ....so accommodating! They do need some more heathy food available for breakie. Overall very nice. I would suggest a room away from I-5 side of the hotel so the traffic is not an issue.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Liane D, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Vince Z-
So glad you enjoyed the SpringHill! I'm excited to let you know we will have even more healthy breakfast items when we roll out out new breakfast offerings in July! We will continue to serve our oatmeal with toppings, eggs, yogurts and fruits, but come back to enjoy whole grain Kashi cereals, fresh-cut seasonal fruits to top our Greek yogurts, charcuterie and cheese selections, hard boiled eggs and more!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in March while in Seattle for a conference. It was a nice hotel. The area is okay, but not much around there. The room was standard, but the bed was a little uncomfortable. I ordered room service once and the food was very good. I did not spend much time in the room but the hotel employees were always very nice. The deluxe breakfast was good, plenty of choices everyday. 24 hour coffee and tea was great, the coffee was very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't say enough about our stay at springhill suites, the room was very spacious, the staff very good and the shuttle service fantastic. We would definitely recommend it. The computer room was very convenient and also the use of the laundry as we were travelling a lot.

Room Tip: Room 619 was very spacious
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dcas9714
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My girlfriends and I came to the hotel for a weekend getaway. The staff was very friendly and helpful in assisting us with our luggage, and concierge services. The rooms were clean which was great. It is in a good location if you wanted to walk to Pike Place Market or the shopping district, but it is a little far from the Space Needle and the musuems around it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nudelips

Salina,
We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel! Please note we have our complimentary shuttle that will wisk you to the Space Needle (1 mile away) and to Westlake Center, just 3 blocks from Pike Place Market. During the summer season we shuttle our guests back and forth on the hour and the half-hour from 7am to 9:30pm 7 days a week. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My daughter and I came on the train for a dance competition and we were on a budget but didn't necessarily want to feel we had to give up quality for it. Wow! We were so grateful for: free shuttle service to/from downtown and the Seattle Centre (where her dance competition happened to be! The driver even so kindly deviated his route a bit to take us exactly to the area of Seattle Centre-which is huge- to get my daughter and I close to where we needed to be-thanks!! ), free shuttle to/from shopping (hello Nordstroms!!), free breakfast (a very good one, lots of variety!), 24 hour coffee, tea, hot chocolate in lobby, pool and fitness centre- both on site, free internet, happy hour, free newspapers. Lobby is small but nicely furnished, front desk very helpful, clean room, decent sized room (and also a pull-out couch), microwave in room. We ate dinner in hotel restaurant because of time constraints-both nights-excellent.We were the only ones in there as everyone else was eating in the bar area and kids were not allowed in that section. I was pleasantly surprised as you never know the quality you will get with hotel dining! The only downsides I can mention are: cab service is sketchy to the hotel (we needed to grab one back to train station)..apparently it is not a busy enough area for them to frequent, even if the hotel staff calls for one. We lucked out however! Otherwise the suggestion was to walk to the corner, which isn't too bad if you aren't lugging a lot. The other is to ask for a quiet room-some street noise, but we were only there one night and I did get to sleep in the end. The noise didn't seem to bother my daughter at all though-she fell right asleep!Still, if that were the only room available I would still take it for all of the pluses this hotel offered. I would definitely stay here again! Good for families, solo, or group of friends for shopping in Seattle..but If you are a couple wanting a romantic stay, this probably wouldn't be the place for you to woo her, but in the end if you married her and had a family-you will want to come here! (if she accepts your rose, of course)

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't look out over the street-it was a bit noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'd give this place 4 1/2 stars if I could. I really have no problems with the place other than it's location. For staying in downtown Seattle for business (the reason for my last visit), this hotel was inexpensive, offered free Internet, a full (incredible) breakfast (eggs, biscuits, potatoes, waffles...) + 24hr coffee in the lobby; the room was incredibly comfortable and clean and had a kitchenette. Staff were very friendly and competent. The hotel offers free shuttle rides to the convention center but it's only a 10 minute walk. Some might take them up on the ride though, as they may not enjoy walking in the nearby area of the hotel. I sidestepped a few drunks and had a conversation with a few homeless folks. It didn't bother me but did take away from the 'big, fancy hotel feel.' Please note: the hotel is near the highway entrance - but I never heard any street or highway noise. My rest was wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

They use a chemical fragrance emitter in the lobby with overwhelming sickly sweet smell. If you don't mind that you'll like this place. Our room didn't smell that bad bc we asked on arrival for them to not spray the "air freshener" they otherwise would have. But good location and value. Good breakfast though no gluten free options.

• Stayed: April 2013
Liane D, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Lori,
Thank you for your viewpoint. Our hotel is kept clean and fresh so evey guest has a sparkling clean environment in which to rest, relax, and enjoy Seattle. Some of our cleansers have a fresh scent, and all are hypo-allergenic, while our fresh lilies in our lobby can have a strong scent when blooming as well. I am so sorry you found it overwhelming.
Our complimentary breakfast served 7 days a week includes gluten free items such as our scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, yogurts and fresh whole fruit, so I do hope you will return to us and try our breakfast again sometime!