“Great Location for Work & Pleasure”

SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I love this hotel, cause it's right next to the highway and a short cab ride (or long walk) to the Pier. When I travel to Seattle for work I always stay here. The breakfast is amazing and actually has a lot of options, the rooms are a good size, and they give you a free pass to the 24 Fitness Center across the street. I wish the parking was a little cheaper (though I like that its valet).

Room Tip: The elevators can be slow, so I like to be on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Chicavm

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband & I came to Seattle after visiting friends in Yelm. (We had tickets to the King Tut exhibit the next day.) the valet took the car right away, and we had no problems checking in. The hotel was crowded because of a Mariners game, a soccer tourney, Tut and a few other events in town, but other than the heavy traffic at breakfast, you'd never know it. Our room was QUIET, clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was hot, well cooked (eggs, sausage, pancakes) and well supplied. The coffee was great. Sunday newspapers were plentiful, and (from what i could tell) the airport shuttle was on time. When we checked out, the car was waiting right at the front door. If you are looking for a nice place, with good service and beautiful accommodations, stay here. It's close to Seattle's attractions, and a short/cheap ride to Safeco Field or Seahawk Stadium.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MeeshB503
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed there one night, and could not sleep very well with the water dripping in the shower area left over from the previous guest. Also, several times the television signal seems like the voices were dubbed not natural, and the channel guide did not match the actual channels on thetelevision.
Nice that there was a free hot breakfast for all guests including making your own waffles. Also, a complimentary shuttle operates til 9:30 pm to transport guests to the Seattle downtown or the Seattle center area with reservations required. The front desk staff seem to be friendly, and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Globetrotter10079
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was my first stay at this Seattle SpingHill Suites and it was amazing from the moment I arrived. The staff was friendly and eager to help me find my way around the city and get to and from the Seattle Convention Center for my convention; including their free hourly shuttle to various sites. The morning breakfast buffet offered plenty of popular hot food choices and there is also plenty of sitting areas for just sitting back and relaxing with your morning cup of Java or tea. Having the self service laundry on-site was a real time and money saver! The hotel even provides dryer laundry sheets for you if requested. The restaurant and bar were worth staying on property for, well at least for some of your nights. Obviously you want to explore as much of Seattle dining and wining as you can while in the city. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure, with or without families. I definitely recommend and will return to this hotel. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevators. As with any hotel, rooms by elevators tend to be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were able to get a decent deal on this hotel by booking through Expedia. We really wanted to stay downtown, and this was the cheapest prie we could find. It was very much worth it! The breakfast every morning was delicious, plenty of hit foods as well as the typical cereals and fruits. There was a nice indoor pool and hot tub that we were able to enjoy inf the evening. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating with everything we needed.
There was room service that we tried one night, and it was priced as expected, not cheap but not too expensive either.
Our room was a sgreat size, with a sitting area, desk, pull out couch, etc.
The hotel offered a shuttle service. Tis was the only downside (though not enough to be a complaint.) it only offered service to the shopping area and the space needle, only operates at the top of the hour and half past the hour, and you need to reserve your seat ahead of time (well ahead of them.) We used it once, nd the driver was a little reckless for our liking, and he was not very friendly.
We took a cab to the waterfront one morning, and it was only six dollars. It was just easier for us since we were on our own timeframe. It was only a fifteen minute walk for us to like place market, and on the days we were there, the weather was gorgeous so we really enjoyed the walk. You can also walk about ten minutes to the monorail, which for five dollars round trip will take you to the space needle area.

All as all, I have no real complaints about the hotel. We felt very comfortable and safe, and it was close to everything we wanted to see and do!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank malmals
ajols628, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

malmals,

Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites and for providing such a thorough review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Best Regards,

Aaron

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Got myself some Marriott points and scored a suite for a night!

Location-wise, just off the freeway. Noise was not an issue in the room though. A few minutes drive to most Seattle downtown attractions. Reached the waterfront/Pikes Place in about 5 minutes drive.

The suite was pretty good sized. Two full beds, with a separate sitting area with a couch, a full work desk and small kitchenette with microwave. The decor is a little dated, but it was alright. The bathroom area could be a little nicer. Smallish sink area. Free wifi in room!

Hot breakfast included! Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, pancakes, pastries. Good buffet spread. And there's always a free coffee/tea bar available 24/7 in the lobby area.

Parking, no need to pay for valet ($20+/night). There is a street parking available, usually max 3 hours during the day, but free after 6pm! Or, there is a parking lot right next to the hotel that is cheaper than hotel valet parking. Have to wake up early to pay the next morning by 8am though.

Outside area, nothing much to look at. Across the street is a 24-Hour Fitness center. That's about it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Sure, I could have stayed in a nicer or cheaper place, but they were all booked or I couldn't afford them. After exploring the area on foot, I discovered that this place is in a great location. I'm here for 11 days and I'm having fun walking to Pike Market, the shopping areas, ethnic restaurants, etc. I'm a single female in her late 40's who likes to escape once in a while from the kids to travel alone. Yes, there are homeless people around but not just in the immediate area but even around the fancy places. They don't bother anyone and no one bothers them. The staff is very helpful and have an upbeat attitude. The hotel is clean and the room is spacious for me but probably not for a couple with 2 adults and kids.

I like to walk but the shuttles to the Space Needle and the Westlake Mall is a nice service. I've been in other Marriotts without breakfast so I appreciate the free hot breakfast despite the dining area being crowded. I enjoy watching people. I like the happy hour specials and as a single female I don't feel uncomfortable going to the bar since it's very cozy and homey here. The pool is more for little kids but the hotel guests have access to the 24-hr gym across the street. My rom is quiet and at the end of a long walking day, I just crash.

I really love Seattle, but of course they haven!t had rain since I got here. The rate I'm going, I'll be 10 lbs. bigger from eating everything in sight -- Ethiopian, seafood, Asian, Russian piroshki, European pastries, delis, etc! Anything leftover I warm up in the microwave the next day. I recommend this place for a visit to downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Put on your walking shoes and explore the different neighborhoods on foot. The Greyhound bus termin...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Grass_Hut_Girl

Van_Kedisi,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing such an honest and thoughtful review. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy all of our terrific complimentary amenities such as shuttle service, breakfast buffet and 24 Hour Fitness as well as joining us for happy hour in our popular lobby bar. It sounds like our convenient location allowed you to explore all that Seattle has to offer by foot including the great culinary scene that you mentioned.

Thank you again for your detailed review of our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Best Regards,