Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
$461
$423
  • Pool
1,621 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorinfinity poolpike place marketpartial bay viewfire pitrain showerroom serviceferris wheelsteam roompuget soundart museumluxury hotelsoaking tubperfect locationturn down serviceelliot baybeautiful hotel
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I've never stayed at a Four Seasons so I was a newbie but I have never experienced that level of service anywhere! I love the location, the view, the bed, the bathroom. And the pool was great. My friend brought her three kids and we invaded the area with floaties and water wings and no one cared. They just brought us lots of water and towels and made us feel at home.

I've stayed at the Fairmont also and while that was also a great place to stay, I just liked the feel of the FS a little more because of the modernity of the decor. I've made the decision that from now on, when I visit Seattle, the FS is the only place for me, expense be damned!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank amclane
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This is unlike most Four Seasons: a smaller, boutique style with a " Scandinavia meets Zen" interior design. The lobby is rather dark, lit by a fire and little candles/ nightlights even in the middle of the day, which I found a bit disconcerting. Overall, I found the design effects rather bland and not very comfortable. Upstairs, the corridors are narrow and featureless - imagine a 3 star airport hotel.

However service IS true FS standard and very efficient. We had drinks and snacks one evening in the ART bar, which was positively buzzing (it WAS Happy Hour) with a most convivial atmosphere. Dinner in the ART restaurant the following evening in the restaurant was more indifferent.

The bedroom was fine, usual excellent bedding and linens and the bathroom lovely and spacious with a great rainhead shower; yes, the TV in the bathroom mirror is a gimmick, but we found it entertaining (never seen THAT before)!

As tourists who had never previously visited Seattle, we thought the location is very good (so close to Pike Place and easy walk downtown) and I would recommend the hotel as it is a high standard. However this isn't one of the "raves", but probably the best Seattle has to offer?

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank TM99
Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago. We were en route to British Columbia and decided to spend 2 nights in Seattle. We were booked at another privately owned boutique hotel close by which appeared to be nice on its website but when I realized the Four Seasons was only $25 more night, I immediately canceled that reservation and booked with the Four Seasons and was very glad I did.

We arrived late around 11 PM but we were still on NY time and it was 2 AM for us. We were very tired and were thrilled at how comfy the beds were and loved the delicious pizza we ordered from room service. The rooms/bathrooms were lovely but much smaller than the Four Seasons in NYC (the one in NYC is about $200 more a night also, so I guess you get what you pay for). We LOVED the tv embedded into the bathroom mirror..very nice unexpected touch. We had breakfast at ART and the lemon ricotta pancakes were to die for ( i have also had these at the NYC location but they were even better here).

If you are going to Seattle and thought this hotel would be out of your price range check it out anyway. We got a great rate would definitely stay here again. The location is perfect!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYBeachLover
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I spent three pleasant evenings at the Four Seasons Seattle in May, 2009. I would recommend the hotel to other travelers.

The hotel is a new structure, of modest height, right on Seattle’s waterfront. A few of the rooms have direct waterfront views. Many other rooms (mine included) overlook the pool area and have diagonal views of the water. There are also rooms which look out over the streets that surround the hotel (I thiink I'd try to avoid those).

The interior décor is modern (think bleached wood, and Scandinavian design). The standard rooms are of decent size, and include a built in desk with two chairs (one a high tech swivel chair with mesh back and seat) and one easy chair. The easy chair suffers (just a little) from the modern design problem – i.e., it’s beautiful to look at but nowhere near as comfortable as a traditional overstuffed arm chair. The room was perfectly quiet during my stay (no noise from adjoining rooms, nor any detectable noise from the outside).

The lighting in the room is good – each of the reading locations has a light source of more than ample wattage.

All of the linens and bedding were of the normal high Four Seasons quality.

The service was excellent. All my interactions with the front desk were handled precisely and efficiently. The concierge offered a dinner recommendation, and followed up with an inquiry about the meal. The one breakfast I ate in the restaurant was very good.

This hotel lacks some of the charm and history that the Olympic Hotel provided when it was managed by Four Seasons. That said, this is a very fine hotel, and one I would be glad to visit again.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank OrrvilleRedRider
Reviewed August 25, 2009

One thing you should know - you are better off with a city view than with the waterfront view because the waterfront view opens up to a Public Storage warehouse and some kind of smokestack. I live next door on the 21st floor, so I don't have the same view, but the FS reserved the top part of the building for the residences. The view towards the city is nice enough, it looks toward the Seattle Art Museum.

When your bellman lets you into your room, one of the first things they'll ask is if they want you to open the curtains for you. There is a reason for this, rather than electric curtains (like at the Grand Hyatt a few blocks away) the FS/S has these wide curtains that go around a corner and can only be opened by a plastic handle. It is really quite a thing to try to get the drapes to round the corner, and when you do, you see the view of the smokestack. So you find yourself closing off the world and luxuriating in your private coccoon which includes:

A great beath with a TV built into the mirror. The Tub itself is very deep (older guests take note - it is a very deep tub so ingress and outgress is a bit nutty for anybody of average height. The pool is nicely appointed, a modified infinity edge rectangular pool, in the middle of a concrete courtyard in the center of a horseshoe. It is in shade until late afternoon, so tanning hours are limited. The jacuzzi is in the same courtyard, which ajoins the gym. All of these rooms are withiin toothpick throwing distance of the guest rooms, so excessive PDA's will surely warrant a wall of onlookers.

The menu is pretty good. There are some hits, and some misses. One really refreshing thing is the prices. They are really not what you would expect - in fact I had to look twice at the menu. So value for the food is great, but be careful what you order. Some of the appies (and I'm sorry I don't remember exactly which) taste kind of high in weirdness.

Lastly, I have to mention the location and the spa. The location is amazing. You won't find a better area in Seattle to walk for great restaurants, shows, shopping and sports arenas. I live next door, this is why I chose the area. And the spa. It's really great. The floors, you'll notice, are a really interesting looking blond and dark woodgrain but with a comfortable feel. They are made of recycled tires and they're beautiful. In fact, this hotel is beautiful with its lightwoods, ice-fire fireplace and open, airy feeling like a fine-art museum.

I used to stay only at the Grand Hyatt, until I found this place right next door to my home. I highly recommend it!

Gary