“FS made my first trip to Seattle memorable!”

Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Ranked #2 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“FS made my first trip to Seattle memorable!”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

The Four Seasons Seattle is one of the newer properties that opened in the city and being a FS junkie, I wanted to see how it stacked up to the brand’s other city hotels. I was initially inclined to book Hotel 1000; however, due to the excellent rate that you can procure from the hotel’s website (stay three nights for the price of two); I could not pass up this very worthwhile opportunity. I would encourage fellow leisure travelers to take advantage of the aforementioned rate plan because this is as close to a “discount” you will get.
The ride from the airport is approximately $40 dollars or so and taxis are easy to come by at the hotel. The hotel is well located. It is steps from Pikes Market and if you go down the long flight of stairs directly adjacent to the hotel you will be on the water (well, almost) and you will find restaurants as well as the aquarium. There is a house car to shuttle guests around town (within a limited-mile radius of the hotel—I was a little underwhelmed that this hotel choose a regular Lincoln Town Car, other locales have much more exciting cars like BMWs, Mercedes, and at the NY location, a Maybach. We did not drive in Seattle, therefore, I do not know how much valet parking was, but I am sure it is expensive.
Before checking-in, I wanted to see their Junior Suite and was shown to it before I checked-in to my double-bedded (2 beds) accommodation. The Junior Suite (a Four Seasons Executive Suite) was a very spacious room with a King-bed and sofa bed. The suite was tastefully, albeit minimally, decorated. The furniture was of good quality and consisted of blonde colored wood. It was easy to move around the suite. The bathroom was a sight to behold. Sunlight washed in through the bountiful windows in the bathroom. The view of the water was amazing.
My Superior Room on the 3rd floor afforded me a view of the Vietnamese restaurant across the street. You could easily see the pedestrians on the street level. Even with two double beds, the room appeared large and again, was easy to move around in. The bathroom, sans windows, was still impressive. The lighting in the room was sufficient and you can even adjust the light setting in the bathroom. The single sink looked onto a TV embedded in the mirror. The soaking tub was nice and refreshing after a day of walking around the city. What I like about the newer properties is that they (including this property) use a rain shower head in the shower stall. The bathroom features the customary L’Occitane bath products. Housekeeping was very efficient and always observed the Do Not Disturb on the door. Bottled water is provided at turndown, although you can always ask a member of the Bell Desk to give you bottles as well.
In spite of a very difficult time for the luxury hotel market, the FS Seattle was still able to deliver in providing superior service for an excellent stay. The Concierge was very knowledgeable and was able to get the right information and make the last-minute reservations at the more popular restaurants in Seattle. The pool and gym facilities are top-notch. It is located on the fourth floor of the hotel and affords a glorious view of the water and water traffic if it is a nice sunny day like it was when we visited. It is a smaller gym; however, this is a smaller hotel in regards to the number of rooms/suite available for occupancy. The hotel offers a small business center with two internet equipped computers that is complimentary to guests. You can also print your boarding passes as well. The mini-bar is automated so do not touch anything; otherwise, you will be charged. Expect to add $4 delivery fee plus a 20% service charge for all in-room dining orders (room service).
This is very subjective but I did not really care for the food that room service served. I am not a foodie by any stretch of the imagination; however, I found the food somewhat bland. Maybe I ordered the wrong things but I would not be inclined to order food from the hotel based on my initial experience. I will however give the hotel major kudos for allowing us to buy the very fresh seafood from Pikes Market and cooking it for us. If you see something at the Market and you want to eat it for lunch/dinner, don’t hesitate to contact the staff to see the feasibility of the request (although I am sure it will be accommodated). I did not try the hotel's restaurant so I can't make any comments about the food there.
I was very pleased with my stay at the hotel and definitely look forward to returning. A combination of the staff and the location of the hotel made my first trip to Seattle pretty awesome.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank InstantNoodles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The first plus is the ease of finding the hotel. When travelling from north of the city Exit 165B and travel on Union Street until the street ends.
We were greeted by a thoughtful staff and eventhough an entire European soccer club was staying at the hotel and mobs of fans littered the area around the hotel we were made to feel welcomed. We were never were bothered by the fans and the hotel was really quiet even while at full occupancy. The hotel has a modern design (no this is not the Olympia) with a fireplace going non-stop in the lobby, lovely marble bathrooms and the use of light coloured wood in rooms. I enjoyed the artwork in the rooms and public areas. The food was great. We ate breakfast in the dining room every morning and we were not disappointed. We ordered room service too and enjoyed our snacks. The pool area has been well thought out. The pool is small but freshing after a full day of shopping (The Nordstorm rack is only 2 blocks away). The unique fire pit beside the hot tub is a fun addition to the pool area but be careful in the wind (don't burn your feet)! The location of this hotel is great. It is directly across from the Seattle Art Museum. The Pike Place market is only one block away! On a nice day you can even walk to the Space Needle from the hotel. It's about 12 blocks away. I would go back in a mintue if only to use the spa area. If you are going stay in Seattle why wouldn't you stay here?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank YVRshopper
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Our room was beautiful, the staff was very helpful and any and all requests were cheerfully honored. We were treated to the excellence of service that one expects at a fine hotel. Every detail, every convenience at your finger tips. The location is in the heart of Pike Place Market. Within walking distance of many fine restaurants and right across the street from the SAM -- art museum. The pool was just what we needed to cool off on a hot day (100 degrees) while watching the sunset in the bay. Staff couldn't have been more helpful with dinner reservations, recommendations, etc...Prior to our stay at the Four Seasons, we had been at another hotel (Pan Pacific) and experienced such poor service fromt the staff that we moved out and up, so to speak! Well worth the move. Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank luxuryoregonmom
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This is an AWESOME Hotel!!!
The view is fantastic, the food is fantastic, the staff are all fantastic!!! The only problem I had was that the spa had some scheduling problem with my reservation. I love the outside hot tub that is located high up with a great view out over the bay. I will be back again!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dakota Dunes, SD
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We had a great time at the Four Seasons. First off, the location is great and the service is wonderful. The rooms are large and everything is first rate. I reserved one of the lesser priced "superior rooms" and was on one the upper floors with a good view of Puget Sound. I was also able to book the room at a discount from thier normal rates.
My only real complaint is room service. We ordered a late dinner at 11:00 pm one evening and we were served 2 of the worst sandwiches I've ever eaten for $50.00. At that moment I would have rather had McDonalds.
Other than the room service issue, this is one of the finest properties that I have stayed. Perfect if your business or leisure is downtown or near Pikes Market. It truly is a class act.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tcars
Tokyo
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I took my parents here overnight in order to celebrate my Dad's 70th. What a wonderful hotel. Everything went without a hitch, including the champagne that I had pre^ordered. We had adjoining rooms and they were huge with luxurious bathrooms. We visited the lounge downstairs and our server was generous with our wine re-fills( I cannot stand being ripped off with just a sip). The only negative thing that I can say is that the water pressure is week and it doesn't heat up hot enough. My bar bill was reasonable as well. Keep up the great work Four Seasons!!!!

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank LadySamurai
planet earth
Reviewed July 6, 2009

im not so sure. dont get me wrong it was very clean. they upgraded my room it was at a decent size with a huge window. location was excellent better than the olympic (ex-employee) it was 1/2 a block from the hotel to pike place market, which i loved! service was really nice cos they let me check in at 10am and i got an upgrade. i asked the concierge for a good place to get brkfast he pointed me down 1st ave but i couldnt find it, no biggie i opted for the pikes place chowder instead which was awesome (thats another review) the service well it was kinda weird i asked them for a travelers amenity which i got lady i forgot her name was great gave me EVERYTHING plus a manicure set. but then i came back from pikes market and was getting ready for my concert i needed baby powder and asked if they had some the guy said yes and it would be on its way, well i am still waiting for it to this day lol never came. while i was showering, great shower but the detacheable shower handle's joint had a huge leak, other than that it was great too. so far of all my four seasons hotel stays i enjoyed aviara the best while my family likes santa barbara the best!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo