“It's the Four Seasons.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“It's the Four Seasons.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My now-fiancee and I celebrate our engagement by staying here and this hotel exceeded all of our expectations. We reserved a partial view room which faced North, with a view of the bay to the left. The view wasn't visible from the bed, but if you walked up to the window you could see the bay / waterfront, ferries, etc.

The check in was fantastic, the service was great, the room was beautiful and spacious, and the location was perfect. When making the reservation, I noted that we were celebrating, and the hotel was kind enough to send us a handwritten note and some nice celebratory beverages for us. When checking out, the attendant at the front desk used my name and remembered all the details on why we were there. It's a nice touch that reminds you why you're paying so much to stay at a hotel like this.

It's $$$$, but hey, it's the Four Seasons. What do you expect?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My friend and I stayed here over the American Thanksgiving holiday when everything in Seattle except the Great Wheel is closed and many hotels have a skeleton staff. Not this one, though. The service was impeccable, the rooms exquisite and everyone from the doormen to the bar staff were professional and friendly, and went out of their way to be helpful. I took the train back to Vancouver and room service provided me with a delicious 'bagged lunch,' that was the envy of my fellow travellers. I especially enjoyed the selection of local Washington cheeses, and the in-house chocolate chip cookies were delectable. The outdoor infinity pool is on the fourth floor offering views of the water and even though it was a cold, wet weekend, the water was warm. Sadly the hot tub was closed, but after our swim we sat around the bright outdoor fireplace before we heading off to the large steam room and sauna. I loved the Four Season's bar for the food and the ambience. It meant little to us that Seattle had turned into a ghost town over the Thanksgiving holiday. In fact, what better excuse to spend two guilt free days in the comfort of the Four Seasons! What a fabulous get-away!

Room Tip: The corner suites are spacious, comfortable and deluxe. The rooms on the west side of the hotel over...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience over the Thanksgiving weekend.
I am so happy we were able to pamper you and you were able to truly relax.
I am so sorry that the hot tub was not operating when you were here, it has been reopened.
Thank you again for making the trip from beautiful Vancouver-I hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

As previous reviewers have mentioned this hotel is an asset to the Four Seasons family. We had a lovely corner room with windows on two sides and we had amazing views of the water and the for some reason the Seattle clouds have a different look to them. It was fun to just sit and watch the huge cruise ships disappear into the horizon. And the Ferris wheel at night is mesmerizing.

There were four of us so we had two rooms on the same floor and our teens were in their own separate room with their own views - free to do what they wanted

Great service for breakfast - we all had the buffet and it was excellent. There are so many wonderful restaurants to eat at within a 10 minute walk. That is why we just had breakfast and an after dinner drink

housekeeping, room service and all the other luxuries that an FS offers were on par with other FS hotels.

All of us relaxed at the Pool which is small but it is a downtown hotel and not a resort on an island. Great service there as well. And we all got a massage at the Spa . Heavenly

Room tip. The hotel is U shaped so most of the rooms face the water or have a partial view of the water but unless you stay in a corner room, there are privacy issue during the night as one can see into other rooms . The tip is to try and get a corner room .

Location was perfect for us to walk all over the downtown area. Pike Place market is very close as is pioneer square ( not very far) the monorail is a 10 minute walk.

Now if one goes one street down, that is where all the tourists ( hang out ) feels a lot like the SF Fishermans wharf. - oh well that is ok I guess

Room Tip: corner room overlooking the sound
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank belomiser
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

What can I saw about the Four Seasons Seattle that hasn't already been said. It's 5 star luxury goodness, and the people who work there make it so. Max checked me in and was lovely and kind and listened to me babble about Pearl Jam. The guys at the front always had that door open as I was running in from the severe cold. The spiked hot cider drink at the bar in the soft comfy chairs was a welcome retreat. My room was nice, large, and I really appreciated being able to watch TV while I was taking a bath/getting ready for my evening. IT was a great experience….

Which I got to experience on rerun when my plane got canceled and I was stuck in Seattle overnight. My thanks to the lovely front desk lady who welcomed this slightly tearful girl with open arms and thank god toiletries! I had an option to stay somewhere else, but I had only one thought as they canceled my trip "Get yourself back to the Four Seasons!!!" They take care of you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely note about your stay with us....thank you so much for your kind comments.
I am delighted you interacted with Max....he is wonderful. And I am pleased that you enjoyed the rest of the stay as well-even if that second night was not in the original plan.
Thank you so much.....come back and visit us again soon.
Encinitas, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We loved our room, our view, the location, perfect. Service was excellent, plush comfy beds and linens, fabulous gym, pool and spa. Great restaurants and bar. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Splurge on a room with a view, your worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I love the title of your review....thank you SO much. But the truth is we do know that our guests have a lot of choice about what hotel they stay and I so appreciate that you had a great time and felt valued.
Hope to welcome you back again soon!
Warm regards,
TEXAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the best hotel in Seattle. They charge a lot but if you can afford it, it is worth it. The rooms were great and the restaurant was also great. The staff is well trained. The location and view are the best in Seattle.

BUD CARTER

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BUDCARTER
Santa Rosa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Loved our 3-night stay at the hotel. Best location. Friendly staff and the rooms are incredibly comfortable and spacious. It was incredibly cold while we were there, so we didn't get to spend time outside at the fire pit but it looked like a great place to be with a glass of wine!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Bay view room. You can sit there for hours just watching the ferries and view of the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business