“New Favourite in Seattle”

Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Ranked #2 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for one night and was very impressed by the level of service at the Four Seasons Seattle. It has the feel of a boutique hotel, but with the expected five-star amenities and service.

Once my taxi arrived at the front door, I was promptly greeted by the doorman (who actually asked for permission to handle my bags for me) and shown to the check-in counter. As I was early and no rooms were available, the receptionist apologized profusely and gave me some Frans chocolates to ease the delay. Given that the hotel was right beside Pike Place, I easily wandered around the market and returned to a room with my bags already delivered.

My city-view room was spacious with a wonderful marble bathroom. The rain shower was divine and water pressure sufficient. Bottled water was provided during turndown service.

Room service was beautiful. Nothing was missed. Breakfast was very well done. I also ordered a few items to take away with me on my trip to Portland. All food were nicely packed and tasted just as good several hours later.

While the pool on the 4th floor is fairly small, the view of the water and mountains was spectacular. Nothing could be better over a glass of wine while watching the sun set.

Every staff member who I came in contact with was friendly and efficient. I've stayed at many Four Seasons properties, and can say that the Seattle hotel is now one of my favourites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

What a compliment to be your Favourite hotel!
We will work hard to remain there....please return soon!

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Seattle

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have never felt so well looked after as I did at the Four Seasons. All the staff made me feel like they were doing their utmost to make my stay as good as possible. I often avoid hotel breakfasts because the food offered is repetitive and involves eating more than I need. At this hotel you can have a huge breakfast if you want but can easily have an interesting, more healthy breakfast, their juice choices were especially good for this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

we stayed two nights at FS Seattle. the location is perfect, walked everywhere...but also enjoyed the free car service the first day, dropped you off and picks you up...

the valets give the first impression, Shawn is great, but they are all 5 star guys! seriously on their game, they lack NOTHING in customer service, they are great. at check in Max offered us an upgrade at a discount which we accepted, and were very pleased with the room (a Deluxe Elliott Bay suite), it is 1190 square feet, super spacious , great touches are the espresso maker, the 2nd guest bathroom, the fireplace, the great books they have as a courtesy, the slippers, robes,the tv in the master bath. Max was great talked sports with my husband and also was very knowledgeable about the local area.He also helped us celebrate an anniversary, and a birthday, by having chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered....

we chose to Fed Ex some items that we purchased home and concierge made it effortless...great service! the 2 x daily housekeeping keeps your room immaculate , and well stocked. Suite overlooked the pool/spa/firepit area, which was nice, got a good view of PS and bay...but you're in an industrial area, and the public storage stands out like a sore thumb, but that's not anything that is FS fault...next time we will get on 9th or 10th floor, and get a little higher to avoid it.

Requested room service two times, first time was for breakfast, which was pretty good, only thing i'd say was that it was slightly cool . (the comparison i have was from last month at the beverly hills hotel, their room service was best of the best!). we then got room service at night and it was perfectly hot and delivered fast.

Room Tip: very spacious rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the lovely account of your stay.
I appreciate your kind comments about the entire staff and in particular Shawn and Max.
You are right- they are wonderful....if only cloning was an option!
I look forward to welcoming you back!
Ilse Harley.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the moment you pull up outside of this hotel you're made to feel like a valued guest. Everyone from the valet to the concierge to the restaurant staffs are always going above and beyond for their guests. Some examples of ridiculously good service: asking for dinner options from the concierge and having the menus from the suggested restaurants brought to our room; drinks delivered by the pool at set time after ordering from our room; replacing drinks that were spilled no charge; making reservations with local tour operators and having it charged to the room; restaurant reservations at a place that was full when we called on our own; complimentary late checkout when they heard our flight was leaving at midnight.

The rooms themselves were also fantastic. Top notch finishes, bedding, slippers, and robes. TV behind the mirror in the bathroom. Large soaking tubs and rain showers done entirely in marble. Free wi-fi. Lots of closet space and comfy furniture. A nice desk with great pens and lots of electrical outlets. And, of course, floor to ceiling windows.

The hotel is located right by the market, and seems to be walking distance to almost anywhere in Seattle.

Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Seattle.

Room Tip: Yes, it's more expensive, but a bay view room is really worth the upgrade, particularly if you c...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to detail the service execution from our staff- they are thrilled that you noticed.
I am so happy to read that you will not stay anywhere else....we do not want you to!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

As part of a conference, my wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the four seasons hotel. The staff was very friendly, professional, and smiled a lot. After having breakfast which was delicious by the way, we check out and where offered coffee before our ride back to the airport which was very thoughtful.
Would definitely recommend this place

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

FS prides itself on excellent service and this hotel does not fail. Always very attentive and willing to help. Room is very comfortable and quiet. Got a kick out of TV embedded in the bathroom mirror. Location is walking distance to Pike's place and great restaurants nearby.

The only minor complain is even though I paid for a Bay view, overlooking Puget Sound, the view was partially obstructed with storage/industrial buildings with railroad running through it. It's not FS fault but it's the scenic view I was expecting.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay.
I appreciate all the wonderful comments about the service.
I apologize that the view from your room was not exactly as expected. I will review your comments with our reservations team. It is our intent to make sure that guests have an accurate idea of the view before they arrive so they are not a bit disappointed.
Thank you again for your kind note.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this property several times since it opening. We were last here in February, 2013. The service is as you'd expect - at the highest levels. Our room was in perfect condition and as expected. We ate on the property for several meals and drinks one evening and the food was great. The service in the bar / restaurant was lacking a bit by Four Seasons standards but passable. We'll be back for sure. So close to everything, this is a fine property to explore Seattle from.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are great. The better view rooms are closer to Puget Sound because the an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for all the kind comments regarding your stay.
I do apologize that service was lacking one instance in the bar and would love to speak to you directly about that if you have a moment. I can be reached at 206-749-7001.
I so appreciate that you plan to return though and our team will be on stand by to exceed your expectations!