“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Castro Valley, California
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my first experience with Four Seasons and I'm hooked! I stayed for nearly two weeks for business and had just a terrific experience overall. Super-friendly and professional staff who remembered my name at every turn. Four Seasons Seattle wrote the book on customer service!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 2000_Man
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments!
I do not think we can take credit for writing the book on customer service, but our team certainly delights in making guests happy...and I am glad they were succussful with you!
I have shared your note with our entire team.
Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon.
Warm regards,
Ilse Harley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Birkerod, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a great hotel in Seattle, located very centrally in the city near the Farmers Market. The bar and restaurant has a great view of puget sound, and is really nice. Great gym and a fantastick pool and jacuzzi, which is located outside and heated, from the pool you also have the view of the puget sound

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikael D
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Sometimes, when you are in a four seasons or ritz, you look for familiar luxury and engaged staff. This provided all of that - although the late night staff (up at 4 am because of jet lag) couldn't muster a smile when I smiled at them coming down for early coffee. I did brush my teeth and comb my hair after all! But my wife thinks I'm scary looking on a good day.

Great place though. Very kind staff at breakfast.

Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank golflefty
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel but apologize for the lack of interaction during the very early morning.
The information is very helpful in improving our service -24 hours a day.
Thank you again and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Warm regards,
Rumson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I were impacted by Hurricane Sandy and had this trip to Seattle planned, we decided to go anyway and from the moment we arrived The Four Seasons staff made us feel welcomed and made us feel like we just moved into a new home. They went above and beyond and we will never forget it...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MAB2112
Your heading alone is priceless! Our entire team applauds you for that quote, and we appreciate your kind comments.
Hope to welcome you back again soon.
Thank You!
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

You really are getting what you pay for when you stay at any four seasons resort. In Seattle, the location really is fantastic; mere minutes walking to pikes place and the original Starbucks. As always, the staff will bend over backwards to help. I got lucky with my room, it was a corner room so it had views of the city and if you walk close to the window you can also see the water. It was quite large, and had a fantastic bathroom and tub. My parents stayed a couple rooms down (same price) but our room was far superior since it was a corner room.

Room Tip: Corner room - much larger
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank moorejulie
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a great hotel. Walking into the lobby with its new and contemporary decor is a pleasure, and it only gets better from there. The service from check-in - to the concierge - to the restaurant were as nice and as helpful as you could want. The concierge gave us great direction on what to see, what areas to walk around in, what restaurants to try, and even gave us tips on what to see on our drive to Vancouver. The rooms are very spacious and well laid out with a gorgeous bathroom equipped with all the luxuries including a flat screen tv built into the sink mirror. And the bedroom area is equally spacious and well appointed. The location is great too. A great experience overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MafAv
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Seattle for the Patriots-Seahawks game and chose the Four Seasons because we like staying at luxury hotels and had never stayed at a Four Seasons before. Our two-night stay was almost perfect in every conceivable way, and we are sold on the Four Seasons as the height of luxury and service.

The high points started with the location. The hotel is one block from Pike Place Market and two blocks from the University Street light rail station. (If you’re flying and traveling fairly light, I would recommend taking the light rail into the city; it’s $2.75 for a one-way ticket and the ride is just over 30 minutes.) There seemed to be an endless number of restaurants and bars in the adjacent area and the waterfront is a mere two (very steep) blocks away. That puts you very close to the aquarium, the new Ferris wheel, and, if you want to take a boat cruise, the Argosy Cruises dock. The Seahawks’ stadium was an easy 15-minute or so walk down 1st Avenue. I don’t know if the location is actually in the “heart” of downtown Seattle, but you’re not going to have any complaints.

The hotel experience itself began when my wife and I strolled into the porte-cochere at just about noon, three hours before scheduled check-in. Before we even got halfway onto the driveway one of the doormen asked if he could take our bags to either check them or bring them to our room if it was available. He escorted us to the front desk where the extremely courteous and capable Sophia cheerfully investigated whether a room was available for us. We were told that there were two rooms that were ready: a city-view room that we booked, or a deluxe bay-view room on a higher floor that we could be upgraded to for a discounted rate.

Though my wife and I are not generally easily talked into upgrades, we jumped at this one and were thrilled that we did. We were given room 921, which was spacious, immaculately clean, and offered a commanding view of Seattle’s waterfront. The king-sized bed was more than comfortable, lighting was plentiful, and I wanted to take the chaise home with me. The bathroom was spacious with a large soaking tub (one of the largest my wife and I have seen in a hotel, and probably the deepest) that filled quickly; a shower with two separate showerheads, including a rain shower; and a television in the mirror. Toiletries were L’Occitane, towels were soft and abundant, and the robes were plush.

Our stay was immensely enjoyable for reasons greater than the just the room itself (though that would be worth it on its own). Hands down, my wife and I have never experienced better service at any hotel we’ve ever stayed at, and that’s a list that includes the Peninsula, the Trump, and the Waldorf Astoria. All questions, either at the front desk or by the concierge, were answered gladly and thoroughly. We were given multiple options when asked for a nearby lunch spot, and one turned out to be a cheese purveyor that my wife loved so much she visited it again before we left.

Fantastic service extended to the little things as well. A complimentary car service for travel within (I think) a mile and a half was available for both of our requested trips without undue delay, and the Lincoln Town Car we rode in made us feel like VIPs. Umbrellas were available both in the room and by the front door. There was usually a plate of fresh apples by the elevators. Turndown service was provided both nights as though housekeeping knew exactly when we were going to dinner, and new ice was provided each night. After we gave our returning flight information at check-in, our boarding passes were printed and ready for us upon checkout. The list could easily go on.

My wife booked two spa treatments while I was at the game and remarked that they were among the best facials and massages she has ever enjoyed. She said that the courteous service extended to the spa staff as well. The steam room, however, was closed for repair. We didn’t use either room service or the outdoor pool area on the fourth floor, though we wished we had brought our swimsuits upon learning that the pool was heated.

No stay is ever perfect, but the quibbles here are minor. The shower is not self-explanatory in terms of how to get water out of the rain showerhead, but my wife was able to solve that puzzle (I’m not the best with foreign water fixtures). Draining the bathtub fell into the same category. The TV, which had a HDMI port and an attached DVD player, did have HD channels (at least for the networks), but I only discovered this fact on the second day. This is hardly a big deal, but a channel guide would have been helpful (there might have been one in the room that I just didn’t see, but I usually look at all hotel literature out of sheer curiosity).

I can best sum up our stay in the following way. Though my wife and I live in downtown Chicago, we like to spend nights in luxury hotels as a mini-vacation. All prior stays at the various hotels listed above have ranged from pretty good to really good. This Four Seasons, however, qualifies as excellent. If we ever travel to Seattle in the future I have no doubts that we will stay here again. It may not be the most inexpensive hotel option in the city, but I don’t think that anyone would ever regret spending the money to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mburtz
Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your stay with all your keen observations.
I am so glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Seattle for the Patriots vs. Seahawks game.
Knowing how that particular game ended up....I hope you are a Seahawks fan.
I cannot thank you enough for saying that the service was "excellent" and that "you would stay again".
We will welcome you with open arms when your plans bring you back to the Emerald City!