Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Travelocity
$292
Cancelon
1,613 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorinfinity poolpike place marketpartial bay viewfire pitrain showerroom serviceferris wheelsteam roompuget soundart museumluxury hotelsoaking tubperfect locationturn down serviceelliot baybeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a great hotel. Walking into the lobby with its new and contemporary decor is a pleasure, and it only gets better from there. The service from check-in - to the concierge - to the restaurant were as nice and as helpful as you could want. The concierge gave us great direction on what to see, what areas to walk around in, what restaurants to try, and even gave us tips on what to see on our drive to Vancouver. The rooms are very spacious and well laid out with a gorgeous bathroom equipped with all the luxuries including a flat screen tv built into the sink mirror. And the bedroom area is equally spacious and well appointed. The location is great too. A great experience overall.

2  Thank MafAv
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Seattle for the Patriots-Seahawks game and chose the Four Seasons because we like staying at luxury hotels and had never stayed at a Four Seasons before. Our two-night stay was almost perfect in every conceivable way, and we are sold on the Four Seasons as the height of luxury and service.

The high points started with the location. The hotel is one block from Pike Place Market and two blocks from the University Street light rail station. (If you’re flying and traveling fairly light, I would recommend taking the light rail into the city; it’s $2.75 for a one-way ticket and the ride is just over 30 minutes.) There seemed to be an endless number of restaurants and bars in the adjacent area and the waterfront is a mere two (very steep) blocks away. That puts you very close to the aquarium, the new Ferris wheel, and, if you want to take a boat cruise, the Argosy Cruises dock. The Seahawks’ stadium was an easy 15-minute or so walk down 1st Avenue. I don’t know if the location is actually in the “heart” of downtown Seattle, but you’re not going to have any complaints.

The hotel experience itself began when my wife and I strolled into the porte-cochere at just about noon, three hours before scheduled check-in. Before we even got halfway onto the driveway one of the doormen asked if he could take our bags to either check them or bring them to our room if it was available. He escorted us to the front desk where the extremely courteous and capable Sophia cheerfully investigated whether a room was available for us. We were told that there were two rooms that were ready: a city-view room that we booked, or a deluxe bay-view room on a higher floor that we could be upgraded to for a discounted rate.

Though my wife and I are not generally easily talked into upgrades, we jumped at this one and were thrilled that we did. We were given room 921, which was spacious, immaculately clean, and offered a commanding view of Seattle’s waterfront. The king-sized bed was more than comfortable, lighting was plentiful, and I wanted to take the chaise home with me. The bathroom was spacious with a large soaking tub (one of the largest my wife and I have seen in a hotel, and probably the deepest) that filled quickly; a shower with two separate showerheads, including a rain shower; and a television in the mirror. Toiletries were L’Occitane, towels were soft and abundant, and the robes were plush.

Our stay was immensely enjoyable for reasons greater than the just the room itself (though that would be worth it on its own). Hands down, my wife and I have never experienced better service at any hotel we’ve ever stayed at, and that’s a list that includes the Peninsula, the Trump, and the Waldorf Astoria. All questions, either at the front desk or by the concierge, were answered gladly and thoroughly. We were given multiple options when asked for a nearby lunch spot, and one turned out to be a cheese purveyor that my wife loved so much she visited it again before we left.

Fantastic service extended to the little things as well. A complimentary car service for travel within (I think) a mile and a half was available for both of our requested trips without undue delay, and the Lincoln Town Car we rode in made us feel like VIPs. Umbrellas were available both in the room and by the front door. There was usually a plate of fresh apples by the elevators. Turndown service was provided both nights as though housekeeping knew exactly when we were going to dinner, and new ice was provided each night. After we gave our returning flight information at check-in, our boarding passes were printed and ready for us upon checkout. The list could easily go on.

My wife booked two spa treatments while I was at the game and remarked that they were among the best facials and massages she has ever enjoyed. She said that the courteous service extended to the spa staff as well. The steam room, however, was closed for repair. We didn’t use either room service or the outdoor pool area on the fourth floor, though we wished we had brought our swimsuits upon learning that the pool was heated.

No stay is ever perfect, but the quibbles here are minor. The shower is not self-explanatory in terms of how to get water out of the rain showerhead, but my wife was able to solve that puzzle (I’m not the best with foreign water fixtures). Draining the bathtub fell into the same category. The TV, which had a HDMI port and an attached DVD player, did have HD channels (at least for the networks), but I only discovered this fact on the second day. This is hardly a big deal, but a channel guide would have been helpful (there might have been one in the room that I just didn’t see, but I usually look at all hotel literature out of sheer curiosity).

I can best sum up our stay in the following way. Though my wife and I live in downtown Chicago, we like to spend nights in luxury hotels as a mini-vacation. All prior stays at the various hotels listed above have ranged from pretty good to really good. This Four Seasons, however, qualifies as excellent. If we ever travel to Seattle in the future I have no doubts that we will stay here again. It may not be the most inexpensive hotel option in the city, but I don’t think that anyone would ever regret spending the money to stay here.

5  Thank mburtz
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your stay with all your keen observations.
I am so glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Seattle for the Patriots vs. Seahawks game.
Knowing how that particular game ended up....I hope you are a Seahawks fan.
I cannot thank you enough for saying that the service was "excellent" and that "you would stay again".
We will welcome you with open arms when your plans bring you back to the Emerald City!

Ilse Harley

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was lucky enough to win a two-day all expenses with breakfast included stay at the 5 star Four Seasons Hotel in Seattle WA, USA. For a usual budget traveler like me it was a wonderful treat. The ambience of the hotel, centrally located; the beautifully furnished room; the excellent service of staff and the enjoyable breakfasts I had in the dining room made for a perfect weekend!

Room Tip: I stayed in a 9th floor room with a partial view. If you can afford it, stay in one with a full view of Elliott Bay.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wynnwrite
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at he Four Seasons in Seattle for a weekend. Like many others, we like and trust the Four Seasons brand and this property provided the consistent service and standards we have experienced at other Four Seasons around the world. The decor was modern and unobtrusive. The service was professional, courteous, and very accommodating. This included the valets, front desk, concierge, housekeeping, engineering, and food & beverage staff. The beds were very comfortable as was our entire room. We chose a "partial ocean view' which gave us enough of a waterfront vista without the expense of a full ocean view. The location was a real plus as you are within walking distance to Pike's Market, good shopping and restaurants. The restaurant and lounge both served good food and drinks. We especially liked the "happy hour" appetizer "buffet" of meats and cheeses in the bar area for a reasonable price. The restaurant staff was very accommodating and delivered excellent service. We also enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and pool which looked out over the ocean. We had a great experience and would definitely stay here again when we come to Seattle.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view rooms are nice.
1  Thank Shirley C
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked the Four Seasons for our October 2012 wedding and were thrilled with our 'big day!' Unbeatable in service, experience, location, cuisine, and unparalleled staff. Do not consider hosting a wedding at any other location within Seattle. Gerald and his event staff take care that nothing is forgotten and at no time do you worry that something has slipped under the rug. He is a gem and reason enough to book with Four Seasons Seattle. Extremely accommodating to dietary requirements for the menu, even let us bring in our own family cake recipe and transformed it into our wedding cake! Amazing! Follow though is impeccable (within hours I would receive a response). Cannot say enough great things!

Room Tip: Views of Elliott Bay are breathtaking--worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cocoheart

I cannot thank you enough for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Seattle for your wedding, such a special event.
I am thrilled that you and your guests had a wonderful time. Thank you for your kind words about Gerald-we are very lucky to have him on our team.
Please consider celebrating your Anniversary with us, we would love to welcome you back!
Warm regards,