“Heaven!”

Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a long weekend at this hotel. We checked in on Thursday late afternoon. Check-in was flawless. Had booked a Puget Sound view on the 8th floor which was incredible. Anybody who is familiar with Seattle knows this view has an industrial flare immediately below the hotel with gorgeous sweeping Sound views beyond. That's part of the beauty of Seattle. We entered the room to a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries. Since I am expecting our 3rd child, we decided to pack up the wine for a later date, but we did enjoy the berries. Delicious!

We had booked dinner reservations at sunset at Six Seven restaurant in the Edgewater Hotel. The complimentary hotel Jaguar was available for transportation. Beautiful car and nice touch. After dinner the car was out for about 25 minutes, so we elected to take a cab for the return trip.

The following morning was spa day. We had prebooked a couples soak and 80 min couples massage in the Four Seasons Spa. I consider myself a bit of a spa junkie and this experience did NOT disappoint. The changing areas feature a steam room and dry sauna, showers, lockers the usual. The couples treatment room was gorgeous. The infininty style jetted tub was perfect for two people and the room had a view of the sound. The therapists were attentive. Even my husband who gets a bit impatient after 50 minutes of massage enjoyed the full 80 minute experience.

After the spa, we headed to the rooftop pool for more relaxation. This is spectacular. Lucky for us the weather was gorgeous- 85 and sunny in Seattle? I'll take it! We enjoyed poolside fish tacos and spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying this oasis. In fact, after exploring Pike Place Market the next morning, we returned for more of the same. Luckily we arrived around 1:30 or so, because by 2:30 or 3:00 on Saturday afternoon there was a waiting list for loungers. Probably due to the freakishly good weather :)

We enjoyed cocktails/mocktails with a friend one night at the ART lobby lounge. Great vibe and very considerate bartender. He created a fabulous blueberry, white cranberry, thyme mocktail for me that was to die for! In addition we had breakfast 2 out of 3 mornings at the restaurant. DO NOT MISS the lemon ricotta pancakes. I ordered an omelet the first day and spent the next 24 hrs dreaming of the pancakes I witnessed at other tables. The next morning I tried them and WOW! Not to be missed.

The service was great. I forgot my hairspray, and with one phone call a complimentary bottle appeared at our door. We also requested vases for our market flowers. Done. Although the price was significantly higher than our usual family trips downtown, this was a special occasion made truly memorable by the staff and setting of the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdatraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I've stayed at a few hotels in Seattle, and this is by far the best. I live here but it's nice to stay somewhere and get away from all the worries at home once in a while. The customer service here is top-notch, the rooms are really nice, the pool area is AMAZING (do NOT forget your swimsuit or swim trunks!) and they have a jag that can take you around the downtown Seattle area. Oh, and ART restaurant has great food. I have never stayed at a FS before, but I think I might just be a convert!

I checked in on a Friday night, since I would be going to a winemaker's dinner at ART restaurant and didn't want to worry about getting home for the night. (And to wind down from a family vacation in the woods during the previous week.) I was checked in quickly (seriously, 2 minutes, tops! And that's probably because we requested a shaving kit, haha) and directed up to the room. On the way to the elevator there was a pitcher of apple cider to drink, and apple rings and a little thing about apples since it's fall and you're in Washington.

The city view room was small, but nice - a bit dim, but clean and with an amazing bathroom! marble everywhere, tv inside the mirror so you can watch from the shower, ridiculously deep bath tub for soaking, and a shower with 2 heads - rainshower and normal, and you could have them both on at once or just one at a time. L'Occitane soap and shampoo, fluffy towels and robes. Heaven! The bed was super comfortable, and I could only barely hear the sounds of the street 8 floors below (the room looked out over the SAM).

I'd heard a lot about the rooftop infinity pool, but didn't get a chance to check it out that night. Instead, I got up early for a swim. Well, we've been having some beautiful late summer weather lately, and I was surprised it was completely empty. Went for a swim and called room service to have breakfast delivered to the pool. YES, that's right. Pool breakfast. I figured if they can bring room service to your room, then why not the pool?! They sent someone down with menus, and sadly he didn't come back for like 10 minutes so we just called up again and told them what we wanted. Swam some more and then had a plate of hot, fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes with sides of lemon curd and blackberry jam, plus a nice big glass of ice water (yay! I hadn't asked, but was going to!) and a side of chicken sausage. Best breakfast I've had in a while - I am definitely going to get this again the next time I stay. $16 well spent!

Really, my only complaint is that parking is $40/day, so we took the bus - I can think of much better things to spend my money on than that. Other than that, this place is just amazing - I think staying there is going to become a a regular occurence. I can't believe I paid even more to stay at the Edgewater recently! I'll just have to stay at the FS more until that is just a faded memory :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Was here with family in two rooms overlooking Puget Sound - beautiful view (dont look down though as in front of the hotel is a grungy old building, but whatever...deal with it). The service was excellent - the concierge was great - getting us great tickets for a Mariners game, although that is not the hottest ticket in baseball).

The concierge also hunted down a pair of swim goggles way after the pool staff had left. Went well beyond the call of duty and made one child very happy.

The restaurant was fantastic for lunch - our kids had a great meal too and they did something so special for them (I wont mention, since I am not sure they want to repeat it over and over...) but the restaurant manager was a perfect gentleman, the waitress was so nice.

Room service was always perfect too - no reason to leave for dinner (although it is very expensive and I am not a fan of built in service charges - let me be decide that). The salmon with Indian spices was excellent - the chowder is a meal itself.

So overall - cost was high, but if that is not the issue and you want a perfect hotel located right in the action, then there is no reason to look for another hotel in Seattle.

Room Tip: If you want a view, you'd better ask since the non-Puget Sound view rooms prob have no view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed overnight on a quick trip up from Vancouver. The hotel is in a great location, only a couple of minutes walk to the Farmer's Market. We found the staff to be very friendly and efficient, especially the concierge, a lovely lass called Meaghan.
As we were new to the city, she was able to suggest several places to visit and also which public transport to take.
Our room was excellent with a lovely view onto the pool area. I was delighted to see they had a firepit for guests to sit by in the morning after a swim while waiting for the sun to appear.
We enjoyed cocktails in the lounge but didn't get to try the restaurant, although the menu was impressive, as we were going elsewhere for dinner.
We would definitely recommend the Four Seasons. Also look out for the yummy chocolate shop adjacent to the foyer

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie H
Reviewed September 9, 2011

One could not ask for a better property or better service. I would certainly not hesitate in staying @ Four Seasons in Seattle again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Yes it might be expensive but it is definitely worth the extra money. You cant beat the location or the comfort. They have literally thought of everything to make your stay enjoyable. Me and me friend went for a jog and when we came back the doorman greeted us with 2 complimentary bottles of water. We bought some beer from pikes place brewery but didn't have enough room in the mini fridge so the front desk sent up another mini fridge no extra cost. They pool is unbeatable and the work out facility is about the same as a normal gym such as treadmills/ free weights/ machines ect. They have a steam room that is better than the one at lifetime fitness. I can go on and on about this hotel we really had an amazing time. The only thing though is be careful about coming home drunk and ordering room service. Im pretty sure our pizza, ice cream and fancy bottles of water totaled close to $90. Still worth it though.

Room Tip: Ordering large bottles of water to the room cost about $14 a piece. Room service is expensive but th...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We booked 2 rooms at the FS property using the Stay Longer promotion, which showed up for a very short time on their web site.
Upon check-in, only one of the rooms was ready, but that we were right out from the transatlantic flight from Paris, and a little early. This room was upgraded from a City View to a Partial Bay View. My special request for the second room to be on the upper floors took some time for housekeeping to get around, but the reception staff was very nice and got us on the top floor, in the Partial Bay View that we had booked. I can't understand the people complaining about the view of the factory and/or the Alaskan Freeway. It is there for everyone to know, and each traveller doing the minimal research might be aware of it. As for the overall situation, it can't be beat, and is absolutely the best maney can buy.

Rooms are arranged in a typical FS way. Nothing really typical from the area, but that's what one might expect with FS. All has been said about the TV within the bathroom mirror, the beds and everything.
I should note that my special request of additionnal toiletries and 4 bath towels at any time, which I have been doing for years at each FS reservation -and that nobody ever cared to implement in my profile- was honoured from day 1 and continuously from then on.
I complained after the first night that something wwas wrong with the bed. It was sloped especially on one side, and obviously needed to be flipped over. They actually put a new mattress, and made the right follow up to make sure I was happy about it. Good point.

We used valet a lot. Prompt and efficient and not cheap.

We had breakfast every morning at ART. Nice settings, although you have the best possible view over the factory. Cooked breakfast is good but not spectacular. The buffet might seem a bargain, but the variety of food is just not right, and in my view far below FS standards.

Something I found weird when waiting in the lobby : hords of tourists come in, have a look round the first floor, and leave.
They do not have a shop. Some signature items are available from the spa, at limited times of the day.

Luggage were delivered fast enough.

Room Tip: Top floors genuinely get you the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family