“Good spot in Belltown”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: Wall Street
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well as some places are leaving Belltown Branzino is one of the few good places left. I have eaten there 3 or 4 times and it has always been very good. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I really enjoy their pizza and gnocci. Pasta is pretty high priced here but I'm sure the rent is quite expensive. I was surprised at my recent visit that Michael Don Rico part owner and Matre'D was no longer involved in the place, he is a gem of a restaurateur and I always enjoyed my conversations with him. I really missed chatting with him this last visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I made an on-line reservation for three for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, September 18. I arrived at 6:30 and my two friends had already been seated at a booth. I had seen the restaurant while walking through Belltown the week before. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. I asked if he knew the components of a negroni cocktail; he replied that he would ask at the bar, which he did. We like to chat about a waitperson's background, and he was a very engaging conversationalist. The food was attractively prepared and Italiano. I had the bucatini with lots of succulent lobster; my friends, the pappardelle bolognese, which they raved over. The dolce, a chocolate cheesecake, was most excellent. The only possible negative: the space is small and very lively and noisy. Not the place to go for a quiet refuge.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've been here a couple times on trips to Seattle. The meatballs are fantastic, happy hour is great, and I love their bread pudding. Its perfect every time.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal. We had the burrata, meatballs, and beet salad, all of which were fantastic. Pappardelle bolognese and the grilled salmon special were our entrees. TONS of well-prepared food that was fresh and authentic tasting. Our pre-tip total for three appetizers, two entrees, and an affordable bottle of Cabernet was a reasonable $125.

My only complaint is that the restaurant was very hot, likely because it is small, and the kitchen is exposed to the rest of the restaurant. Probably only rarely a problem in temperate Seattle.

1  Thank jwg31
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I highly recommend this restaurant. The staff was incredibly friendly and the food was amazing. We arrived late off of a boat and were turned down by several restaurants who were just closing or were open until 10 but stopped serving food at 9:30pm. We walked in and the staff was incredibly welcoming. They were able to accomodate our vegan and the food was absolutely delicious. I will definitely come back here on my next trip to Seattle!!