“Seattle coffee trip etc” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seattle By Foot

Seattle By Foot
Ranked #22 of 143 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: The secret is out…Seattle is one of America’s premier travel destinations and there is nothing like experiencing a city by foot! This is the only way to really discover hidden gems and to meet locals along the way. We will explore Seattle’s history, side streets and culture while detouring boring rhetoric. We offer small walking tours (12 max) with a friendly and knowledgeable local who will leave you wanting more! Whether you are a local or a visitor, the only way to truly appreciate our city is by foot! Seattle's Original Coffee Crawl- City Pub Tour- Downtown By Foot- Seattle Kids Tour- Custom TOurs/Guide for Hire
Beckermet, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seattle coffee trip etc”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'd just arrived into the city from the UK for the first time to visit my daughter who works in Seattle. As she was working that day I took the opportunity to do this trip, coffee being a love of mine. I got so much more than coffee, although I still can't believe how many coffee shops there are in Seattle. Thank you for an enjoyable morning and an introduction to Seattle.

1 Thank Sheena M

• Korean first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Better then expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am not really into taking "tours" but as I only has a short time in Seattle decided to take advantage of this one - overall I thoroughly enjoyed the experience - a combination of some interesting coffee tastings, local history and personal stories from our guide. Well worth thinking about if you in Seattle and into coffee.

Our guide was knowledgeable, interesting and not too over the top - did not feel she was reading from a script

1 Thank David M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Didn't even happen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was one of the most unorganized companies I have seen. I feel like the idea is great but they just aren't ready to handle business. I received a gift card for a tour and after going through the online booking process that refused to accept my gift card code, I found a phone number. I reached the owner, who was on a cell phone driving somewhere and promised to call me at a specific time later that day. No phone call. I called again the next day and reached the owner again who was at home alternately talking to me and her small child. I managed to book the tour for the following Saturday. We drove to downtown Seattle and paid $51 to park for 3 hours because of an event going on. We went to the appointed place and no tour guide showed up. The woman running the info booth knew who we were waiting for, called the owner, who had no record of us at all. She then told us she was going to track down a guide to come meet us, which was not an option for us, as we didn't want to wait all the time it would take to "track someone down" and knew that someone would not be happy about having to give us a tour without knowing they were on the hook to do so.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Amykcronin
SeattleByFoot, Owner at Seattle By Foot, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and review. This was a very unfortunate situation from the very start. We owe it to the reader, customer and ourselves to clear the air. Seattle By Foot is owned by two mothers who work from home; we are pleased to have the opportunity to work with our children at our side.

When the customer's gift certificate was purchased it is stated that they must call or email for a reservation, this is why the customer's voucher number was not accepted through our online system. " Reserve your day & time by phone or email."

We specialize in small groups and our tour guides would never be unhappy regarding group size (whether there are 2 or 10 guests). Our guide was near the meeting spot and when we offered to call the guide the customer stated that she didn't want to attend a tour with only two guests, it wouldn't be very fun and wanted to book again with other participants anyway.

Due to the amount of her gift certificate she had to pay an extra fee for her chosen tour. We refunded her partial payment and explained when she returned that she would not have to pay the extra fee. We have gone above and beyond to please this customer and make up for our mistake.

After reading this review, we did contact the customer and sent her a full refund for her (not typical) parking fee. We are always working on better ways to improve our customers experience.
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“seattle coffee crawl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I did this yesterday morning (April 6th) What a wonderful time! It was only a group of 3 plus Ed the guide. We had a marvelous time and Ed was not only an expert on coffee tasting, but so informative about the city and all the wonderful spots to shop, eat and building history. On such a rainy cool day it was nice to go from shop to shop while still seeing a great deal of the city. Made it much more warm and fun! I highly recommend it to anyone, and it was not only coffee, there were also cold coffee, dessert and cocoa tasting as well. All the stores made it a lovely experience. I need to come back and try out some of the other places to eat and see! Thanks Ed! :)

Urbandale, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not just for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family of four visited Seattle for Easter weekend and participated in the Kids Tour on Saturday morning. What a wonderful 2 hours!! Our 6 year old had a fantastic time trying new foods in the market, creating his own art at SAM, playing instruments...the list goes on and on. Our 2 year old was equally entertained and Mom and Dad were treated to some city history along the way. Heather and her son Kyle (the youngest tour guide in the city I'm sure!) created a fantastic experience and one that we're already raving to our friends about. Definitely worth your time if you're looking to explore some of the unique offereings for kids in the city!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank stephakelly

Been to Seattle By Foot? Share your experiences!