“Do not stay here”

and 1 more site!
Eighth Avenue Inn
Ranked #97 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I stayed at the Eighth Avenue Inn last weekend and it was the worst place I've ever stayed. The room was dirty and the facilities were run-down.The management allowed people to loiter in the halls and parking lot all night long which prevented us from getting any sleep. The next morning we found a different place to stay and checked out. I waited until we got to the new room to shower because I was too scared to get in the dark, tiny and dirty stall at this dump.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank NorthwestlTraveler

Reviewed March 14, 2009

I got this room for $48 plus fees on Hotwire (2* hotel Space Needle zone). After reading the reviews here I was concerned about this place but my fears were largely unfounded.

This is a solid 2* hotel with no frills: a small but clean room that was cheaply furnished but the bed was comfortable enough and there was also a microwave and fridge (a nice plus). Plus you get free wifi and a decent complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. They charge $10 for parking (cheesy!!) but for less than $75 total it's a hard to beat price considering you're in the downtown core of the city.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank tobeginwith
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I called the 8th avenue inn one week before arriving and made a reservation with the front desk clerk. We vocally confirmed the reservation with Joe at the hotel. He gave me a confirmation number.
We showed up on the day of the reservation and they have no room for us. No reservation in our name. Eric at the front desk was extremely unhelpful.
I would definitely not recommend this hotel. It looked dumpy.
I drove the two blocks to the 6th avenue inn and they were great! I highly recommend them. WAY nicer.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank photored
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I wish I knew about Trip Advisor before I stayed at the Eighth Avenue Inn. I would have booked at a different hotel.
I booked a room with a queen sized bed and a pull out sofa bed. My husband and I do not like to sleep in double beds so a queen was a must for us. When we checked in and went up to our room we were shocked to see two double beds.. no queen bed and no sofa at all! Also there was a strange metal box in the middle of the room. My husband told me it was an ozone machine, to remove odors. So we went back to the front desk and told him this wasn't the room we had booked. We wanted the queen bed with the sofa sleeper for the kids. He looked at us like we were crazy and said that they didn't have any sofa beds! We said it's right there on your website and so he called someone on the phone and said nope we don't have any sofa beds. At this point the kids are tired and cranky so we gave in and just took the double bed room. A maid later came and took the ozone machine away.
Besides being the wrong room in the first place, it was just plain gross. The room looked nothing like the photo's. The carpet had stains. The bedding and curtains were dated. I went to take a shower and the shower head was way too low for a normal person. I'm only 5.6 and had to bend backwards to rinse my hair. We thought maybe this was intended to be a handicap room but one of the beds was almost up against the bathroom door.
Overall we didn't feel safe here with the kids. The only good thing I have to say about the place was they had a good breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank skyjordan23
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I just returned from an overnight trip in Seattle. The hotel was sufficient for what we paid - $59 after taxes. I will admit that it was a little sketchy looking. It was a small room with a double bed, the bathroom was kind of gross looking with a rusting mirror and the shower was a single stall with no tub. I think you get what you pay for at the 8th Avenue Inn. The hotel is in a great location close to shopping, the space needle, etc. We didn't have any problems during our stay. It was just the furniture/rusting/chipped tiles that made our stay unappealing.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sneaknsmiles
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My friend and I, being young people, decided to save a few bucks on our hotel to save more for our shopping trip that brought us to Seattle. NEVER AGAIN! We ordered TWO queen beds when booking, was told this was fine when I booked and then called to CONFIRM the whole thing, then ended up with ONE tiny double bed. There was a stained nasty pull out couch; however, this did not come with any sheets and we arrived late at night and didn't feel like asking the dirty, gangster looking staff to bring some. Had to wear flip flops in the shower...and didn't dare go anywhere near the bathroom walls! Come on..I've seen cleaner /nicer youth hostels!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank discerningdweller
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My reviews tend to be on the optimistic side, so it means quite a lot that I'm giving this property only 1 star. I'll concede that the staff was decently friendly during check-in. But I booked my room before I'd heard of Tripadvisor, so nothing prepared me for the less-than-ideal experience staying there. Despite my requesting a non-smoking room, the previous guest apparently had smoked heavily, with the hotel making no attempt to flag it as perhaps inappropriate for a non-smoker like myself. There was no way to prevent the smell from getting all over my clothes, etc. After some polite complaints, I was given a 10% discount, but the front desk employee said he couldn't change my room without his manager's authorization (and the manager's shift had already ended.) The smoking issue aside, the rest of the property was also not in the best shape. There were faded logos for the Motel 8 chain, and my travel partner surmised that the hotel must have been kicked out of the franchise for failing their quality standards! Thankfully we had only planned to stay in Seattle for one night, as we were on our way to Vancouver, so we didn't have to look for another hotel. And I'm also thankful that I've now discovered Tripadvisor, which has allowed me to avoid properties like this while travelling in other cities.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple