“Quiet Hotel in Downtown Seattle”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed at the Paramount Hotel in Seattle on the front and back end of an Alaskan cruise. Hotel is extremely clean and quiet, and the staff is very helpful. Hotel is a few blocks from the center of downtown and convenient to underground bus (1 block) and light rail station/monorail (2 blocks); easy walk (7 blocks) to Pike Place Market.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed July 23, 2010

Just came back and loved this hotel. Newly renovated rooms with high-end fixtures. The rooms were quite stunning. I believe we had a basic room with 2 queen beds and it was really lovely. Nice little bar fridge, very comfy beds with white duvets (I hate hotel bedspreads!). Location was amazing with 2 movie theatres (our bellman went down and printed off the movie listings from their computer and brought them back to our room) and markets easily walkable. The Dragonfish Sushi is right in the hotel downstairs. It was fantastic and has great deals and specials. I had Sake for $1. Check their website.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Spent one night in Seattle with my family, coming back from Olympic NP. Hotel was in a good location, just on the edge of the Downtown section, but close enough to walk anywhere. Shopping mall and movie theater just one block away. Pikes Market, waterfront, etc, all within blocks. Front desk personnel were friendly. Room was small but nicely decorated and clean. Beds were soft and comfy. Parking in garage under hotel and cost $27 a day. We had a late night flight after checking out and hotel allowed us to keep the car parked in their garage until that evening with no extra charges.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. The only concern we had was that the front desk staff was either great or barely okay, depending on who you got that day. However, we figured out who was great and made sure to only talk to them. The staff helped us find a tattoo place, even bringing out hotel workers to show us their tattoos and make recommendations. Not the usual guest request, but we did leave with our first tattoos. The room wasn't fancy or exceptionally large, but it was just fine for our needs.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed at the Paramount for two nights. The room was on the small side but was stylish, comfortable, and clean. The hotel is conveniently located, has a helpful and friendly staff, and is within walking distance to PPM, Capitol Hill, Belltown, and the Space Needle. Best yet, the rate was considerably lower than hotels located in the same area. I would not hesitate to book a room here agaion.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I am writing this review from my room at the Paramount, actually, and I have been very pleased with the hotel during my stay this week. The location is within a reasonable walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and the Pike Place Market (if you pack the proper shoes!). The neighborhood feels comfortable and safe to me, which is important as a female traveling alone. The lobby is warm and cozy with couches and a fireplace. The room is well-appointed with contemporary furnishings and a comfortable bed. There's a big TV, a sleek marble bathroom, a small closet, and a large desk in the room. I stayed at the Warwick on my previous trip, and I've found the Paramount so much more to my liking. I will absolutely stay here again if given the option. And I've already recommended it to my fellow coworkers for their future trips to our corporate HQ.

Things I don't love about the Paramount:
The view isn't much --- the rooms look toward other high-rise buildings. The pillows are all really firm. The don't match the soft coziness of the bedding or mattress. They're like cuddling up with couch cushions. It would be nice to have an in-room microwave. There IS a mini-fridge, but no microwave if you want to use that mini-fridge to store leftovers. Your only option for room service (aside from breakfast) is overpriced -- tasty, but overpriced -- Asian cuisine from Dragonfish. The room service order-taker and delivery person were both very nice and professional, but it would be wonderful to have a wider range of menu options to select from.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Minn_CaboFanatic
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I am reviewing late because I wanted to try out other hotels in the Seattle area before I commented. The first thing I noticed about the Paramount Hotel was the valet parking attendant. He was sloppy and rude. When I got my car back, the seat was way back and the radio was on a hip hop station. At least turn the radio off and put the seat back to somewhat the original location. The second thing I noticed was this hotel is not elegant. The fitness area is tiny and windowless. Its like working out in a closet. The rooms were OK, they were clean, nothing special about them. The front desk staff were hit and miss. We stayed two nights and three days. Some staff were helpful others could care less that we were standing in front of them. After staying here and at other hotels, I recommend you stay somewhere else. We loved Hotel 1000 and if you want Excellent service from the time you exit your car, great food, a mind-blowing room and the best service (I have ever had) take your self and money over there. There is no comparison.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business