“A pleasant surprise”

Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, Illinois
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

I have to say that I was quite pleasantly surprised by the Paramount Hotel. I had difficulty securing a reservation at the major chain hotels in downtown Seattle, so I made a reservation at the Paramount (which is part of a small chain, called Coast hotels, of mostly West coast properties). I made the reservation with hesitation, because the room rate was quite affordable in comparison with other things in the area, but the level of service and the quality of the accommodations matched those of more expensive properties nearby. The lobby of the hotel is quite small, but well-appointed. My guest room was great -- well-designed, nice furniture, good work space, etc. Best of all, the bed was incredibly comfortable! It was really one of the most comfortable beds I've encountered in my travels. I found the staff very polite as well. The only thing I didn't care for was the fitness center, which was sort of a dungeon in the basement. Considering the value and other positive aspects of my stay, however, I will stay here again when business takes me to Seattle.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank brmusicman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

While I'm sure it would have been a nice place to stay, we opted not to take the chance. My son and I were in town for a convention and when we went to check into the room, I was told that they HAD to, due to HOTEL POLICY, charge my credit card an additional $120.00 to cover incidentals and any damage that may be done to the room. Mind you, this was a "charge", not a "hold". Then I would have had to wait for the credit to be sent to my bank. I decided to go somewhere else and after much discussion with the desk clerk, he finally agreed to let us cancel, and not charge us one nights room rate. In this economy, I think I would have opted to "hold" the cc number for the deposit and taken the sale.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank redsofttop
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

Staid here during Sakura-Con with a group of teens. The front staff were not well versed in the local area. Trying to ask where restaurants were, the mall, transit. However, the bell man was kind and helpful. He was an older gentleman and I wish I would have gotten his name. When he saw I was getting no where with the front staff he came over and helped us out.

The rooms for the price were not very good. The bathroom is the size of a closet and the hot water took forever to warm up. The halls had a very odd smell, like a dental office.

You have to give a $50 daily deposit in case you use room service etc. Which they don't tell you when you reserve the room and I wasn't expecting. And all the other hotels I've ever stayed at (many) never had this.

The location is great, right close to the convention center but other than for the bell man I wouldn't recommend this place. There are plenty of other hotels and we will be trying a different one for the convention next year.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Burlington, VT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised by the Paramount. It's location is ideal if you are attending a convention. The staff was a bit abrupt except the bellman who was as kind as could be. The bed was extremely comfortable though I thought the bathroom was very small. The room faced a bunch of other buildings so you can't get much light in the room. The wifi worked well though I think it is wholly inappropriate to pay for wifi in hotels these days. Especially $9.99 for 24 hours starting at 3 pm. On our last day, we wanted to log on for a few minutes but the staff would not offer us wifi or let us use the hotel computer. Still, it was surprisingly nice and very convenient.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank thesheck
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

Across the street from the Paramount Theater, and down the street from Pacific Place and Westlake Mall, this hotel offers a great location for tourists wanting to stay in town to be close to all that's going on, as well as for residents that are looking for a weekend of culture or shopping in the city.

The staff is gracious and welcoming, responds to requests and questions in a helpful manner, and seem to genuinely care that you enjoy your stay in their hotel and your visit to the city.

Rooms are roomy, especially by many downtown standards, and come nicely appointed with newly updated furniture and linens. The flat screen television is perfect for a late night movie or watching the morning news. Lots of plugins (including two pop up plugs in on each of the nightstands) mean this is gadget friendly. Wi-fi, however, was spotty in strength, and I frequently had difficulty maintaining a connection. The hotel relies on a third party (Wayport) to provide service.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank flyawaycafe
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

We usually stay somewhere with a pool (for the kids), but this time it was just the two of us and we wanted to save a little money and be close to the Paramount Theatre. This hotel was a block away, an EASY walk to the theatre and right next to Convention Center. The decor was modern, clean, and comfortable. I was so pleased to see a huge flat screen tv (tons of movie choices for about $12, plus tax). Bedside clock has cord for your ipod. Bathroom beautiful with granite counters and modern fixtures. Bed was very comfortable with quality linens. Ask ahead if a view is important as this is not a taller building. Valet parking was $27, and then you are taxed local, state, federal and don't forget the tip. Research your parking options. We were on 9th floor. I woke at 2am from someone fighting outside, but there was no traffic bothering us at night. This is right by freeway but you don't hear it. We'll be back when we see another show at the Paramount Theatre.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rero31
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

First stay at the Paramount, have already booked another stay next month. Staff is friendly and efficient. Rooms are recently refurbished, property is new enough not to have many maintenance issues. Plus the hotel is close to the convention center, restaurants, shopping, entertainment. At present, the Paramount is an excellent value.

• Liked — Location, recently refurbished rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)