“Great Experience”

Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Edinburgh Scotland
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Seattle staying at the Paramount. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and even when I asked if I could settle my account with a different card to the one I had lodged with them, this was not a problem. A really greay experience.

Room Tip: Visit the website
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron C
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We really appreciate the perspective that international visitors share with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff friendly and helpful. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed at the Paramount for 4 nights in late July as I was attending a conference at the nearby Washington State Convention Centre.

We arrive fairly late on a Friday evening and our check in was not as smooth as I would have liked. Earlier in my trip my credit card used for securing this booking had been stolen. As we were meeting two of my work colleagues in Seattle, we had arranged for a replacement card to be handed to one of them to ensure I had a new card to pay the bill. I knew they had checked in but reception was not willing to give me their room numbers so that I could get the card. Eventually, we were checked in with the proviso that I presented the card the following morning. I eventually located my associates and got the needed card.

The hotel is well located and is in walking distance to public transport and many downtown locations and attractions.

Rooms are well sized, clean and comfortable and the wi-fi works perfectly - no problems.

Complimentary coffee and the like are available in the lobby during certain hours - would have been nice if they were on offer 24/7 though.

I would stay here again for the superb location, but suspect there may be better value for money in the area too outside of conference season.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from Pine Street which can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kyle A, Director of Sales at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing a review. We are glad that you found our location just 1 block from the convention center convenient for your business travel in Seattle. We hope to see you again!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The staff at The Paramount Hotel were nothing short of awesome! Before we even checked in we got a email asking if we had any questions prior to our stay. We needed help arranging transportation to one of the dinner cruises and the great staff at The Paramount took care of setting up a car service for us. We also had lots of day to day questions as it was our first time in Seattle. The suggested great restaurants and bars, helped us figure out the light rail system so we could catch that to the stadium, ran down a block to get us a cab. What made the Paramount so great was that they made my husband and I feel like we mattered. They gave us the feeling that they genuinely cared about how our trip to Seattle. The location was great but, it was the service that has me waiting to return to Seattle. Thanks Paramount!

Room Tip: Spring for the corner room. The extra space is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alexis W
Thank you for making our day! As you mentioned in your review, we do have a great central downtown location but it is our service that we really focus on. We are so pleased to read such great compliments. We strive to make the hotel experience a highlight of each guests' Seattle visit.
Tennessee
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Perhaps it's because when we arrived the only room available was a handicap access room with no tub? Perhaps it's because the décor is stuck in the 90's? Perhaps it's because it looks a lot like a Hampton Inn? (not that there is anything wrong with that but for the price, I was expecting more). Perhaps it's because the coffee in the rooms is the worst I've ever had? Perhaps it's because the hallways smelled of disinfectant? For all of these reasons, I would rate this hotel average at best. The location is great and it's clean. Stay at the Westin instead....it's MUCH better and not much more expensive.

1 Thank voyager157
So sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your room or the amenities we offer on your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are always looking for ways to upgrade and improve.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed August 5, 2014

As others have said, great location, friendly people and reasonable price. What more can you ask for a night or two? Unless you're looking for a romantic rendezvous couples weekend - which this hotel is not - I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. Only quibble is the peculiar restaurant attached, which is sort of an Asian-fusion thing (though their breakfasts are fine). However, the restaurant choices literally just outside the door make that a small detail.

1 Thank lovestotravel6
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms are well suited for family travel, Also thank you for sharing that there are many, many dining options within a 1 to 2 block radius.
Dallas
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great location in the heat of downtown. Close to great food, transportation, shopping etc. You really cannot go wrong with this place. Rooms are clean and updated. Front desk is responsive. Car service available for airport transportation. Great spot.

Room Tip: Lower floors (2,3) are definitely a bit loud from street noise. Bring earplugs. Still worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Justin J
Thank you for your 5-star review. We really appreciate it! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us on business in Seattle and that our front desk was responsive to your needs.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Paramount Hotel was fabulous! Great location, nice, clean rooms with a comfy bed. The hotel staff was very friendly, accommodating and Hank was the best...helping me carry coffee each morning. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Seattle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jlw5
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We strive to make each guest comfortable however we can. We will share your coffee-carrying compliments with Hank. We hope to see you again!