“Paramount Hotel”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great hotel and location. Fitness room had everything you would every want. Excellent, friendly service from all the workers.( I hope you will get to meet, Tom, the concierge, He knew everything about Seattle) It is attached to a Asian Restaurant, Dragonfish, which had a great happy hour. There were many close restaurants nearby. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is right across the street. We took the airport metro right into Westgate Shopping Center and then pulled our suitcase about a block to the hotel, so very easy to be in downtown Seattle without a car.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less street noise since you are right downtown.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thanks for writing a review Kathy. It is great you noted that you can avoid traffic and parking by taking the Link Light Rail from the Airport to Westlake Center and then we are just 3 blocks up Pine Street. We will share your compliments with Tom. We hope to see you back in Seattle soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

995 - 1,001 of 1,838 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I review properties based on how well they perform their job within their intended audience. Therefore when I rate a hotel like The Paramount, I don't compare it to the Four Seasons, or a resort hotel with a ton of activities and amenities. The Paramount is an old school hotel. There is no pool. no spa. Its a small hotel. It is dwarfed by the hotels around it. A single restaurant is tucked in just outside the lobby area. But this hotel is nice and comfortable. The staff is as nice and as accommodating as can be. The rooms are a good size, and very comfortable. The bathrooms and other room appointments are up to date. The hallways and common areas are clean and well kept. There is a subtle sophistication to the place. The lobby area is small but very nice. They definitely go out of their way to please. I am in Seattle working an event where we have meeting space booked in several of the surrounding hotels, and we have people staying at all of them. So i have been back and forth between the Westin, the Hyatt and the Paramount all week. I am fond of the Westin chain. But in this case, I am happy I am staying at the Paramount. It is a great hotel. I would stay here again without a second thought. Top notch place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BradWorld

Thanks so much for sharing such an insightful review. You are so right that there are all sorts of hotels, just like there are all sorts of travelers. We are happy to earn such a high rating from an experienced traveler like yourself.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

From a welcome by Seth the hotel manager to a warm greeting from Tom in the lobby helping in any and every way possible. Wow do they all make you feel special. Don't be surprised if Tom doesn't surprise you with a morning paper and bagels at your door in the morning. He wants you to feel at home. Beds are amazing....all staff are so kind. Don't miss staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis W

Hi Dennis, we are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks for mentioning Tom and Seth by name, they really bring heart and soul to the hotel. Thank you for being a fan, we hope to see you back soon in Seattle.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Extremely pleasant greeting upon arrival. Rooms recently updated-appealing decor. Could upgrade the tv's, however. Small welcoming hotel. Recently updated interiors. Enjoyed our visit very much. Very centrally located. We would stay here again.

1  Thank Erin E

Thank you for sharing a review with other travelers. We are glad to hear you would stay with us again! We are constantly improving our hotel facilities and amenities, so you will love it even more on your return, thanks!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Overall, I chose this hotel because of a conference I was attending in the area. In general, it was clean and conveniently located. My concern has less to do with the rooms and more to do with the staff. The fact that we live in a multicultural world, I would expect less surprise when faced with people of various cultures. I felt the clerk seemed very distracted by me, which impacted her ability to create an inviting and warm experience. I expect more and have received it at hotels with lower standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sonji Y
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Thanks for a great visit.!! The staff support was exceptional:

--Helped us find a room on short notice (Not easy - Seattle was sold out)
--Arranged for transportation
--Friendly and engaging was the overall theme

Excellent rooms. Great location - walking distance to a variety of attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

We are so glad we could be of assistance during your family travel to Seattle. We pride ourselves on friendly customer service. It is great to hear you enjoyed our rooms and our central location near all the sights you wanted to visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night in Seattle to see a Mariners/Yankees game. The person who checked us in provided detailed information on how to use the light rail to get to the game quickly and inexpensively. The hotel itself is conveniently located, and we were thrilled to get a free upgrade to a room with a view down Pine Street to the water. The room itself was clean and well-appointed, and the bed was probably one of the most comfortable I've had in a hotel. One small touch I really appreciated was the outlet located on the top of the bedside table, which made it easy to plug in my cell phone charger without having to rearrange the furniture. The hotel staff was professional and friendly - and calm and unruffled when faced with a challenging situation that my husband and I witnessed. My only (small) complaint was that the sofa and coffee table in our room had seen better days. We will definitely stay at the Paramount again, and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review and we are so pleased to hear you will be staying with us again. that is a big compliment. We are glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, central location and comfortable beds. Cheers!