“Nice digs, good service”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nice digs, good service”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I received an automated email a week or so before I was to stay at the hotel, and it volunteered help booking transportation from the airport, but when I called, the person who answered the phone seemed baffled by my request and just forwarded my call to a town car service. I complained via email, and this initiated a very good relationship with a young man who is one of the hotel managers. He even sent me his list of favorite places to eat and things to do in Seattle. When the room for our second stay ((we left Seattle to tour the Olympic Peninsula for a few days) had only one nightstand, he found a table for me and had it put in the room. When I initially called to make my reservations, the person who helped me was also extremely helpful and helped me get corner rooms (with two windows) for a lower price than the normally less expensive center rooms (with one window), because he mentioned a special pricing for people who are 55 or older. Most of the people at the hotel are extremely nice and helpful, and if they aren't, a polite complaint results in great service.

Room Tip: If you are over 55, be sure to inquire about special pricing.
1 Thank J_Byars
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate all of your feedback. We are happy you were pleased with our accommodations and found our staff friendly and helpful!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Edmonton
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We arrived a little early on a Thursday, but they were able to check us in before 10am, which was way more than I expected. It allowed us to get settled and head out for breakfast in comfort. Since we were there for Emerald City Comicon it was a wonder to be so close, we could pop back to the room whenever we need to drop of purchases, or just a quiet place to decompress for a bit. The room was comfortable and we love having a mini fridge that we kept well stocked with snacks and in my case, hard ciders that I can't get back home. We will definitely be looking to book here for next year's convention!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic review! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Seattle. See you next year!
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We arrived at about 1 pm from Portland, Oregon for an overnight visit to Seattle, and were fully prepared to have to wait for our room. We were delighted to be told that it was ready. As others have said, the room was clean and bright, well stocked and maintained. The view could have been better, but we were there to tour the city, not spend a lot of time in a hotel room. But the best thing about our stay at The Paramount was the blessing of crossing Paige's path. She was there when we checked in, and was there to bid us farewell when we checked out. We were in the city during the looniness of Comic Con, and Paige handled all with professionalism and aplomb. The hotel is terrific for a number of reasons, most notably because Paige is there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thanks Bob for writing a great review. We will be sure to give Paige and our team your compliments. We love it when guests come up from Portland to stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and handy location.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We booked the Paramount at the last minute so we could stay in Seattle after the Lion King. From our arrival we were surprised. At check in Charline gave us attention as if we were the only guests she'd seen that night (even though hotels were sold out for the extra busy weekend), taking the time to make us feel at home, and upgrading us for our special weekend.

Access to the theater and downtown couldn't be better and it was nice to not worry about driving everywhere.

Our room was charming, clean, quiet and comfortable. At checkout Charline again seemed to give us special care, though we saw other guests enjoying the same level of attention.

Overall, a special experience, and more than we'd expected. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you Marc for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we will certainly pass on your compliments to Charlene at the front desk. Next time you come down from Bellingham for a Seattle visit, we hope you will stay with us again.
West Vancouver
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our reservation was handled well, the reception was efficient and warm, service was superb. Our room (a corner superior) was very comfortable and clean, the bathroom spacious. Well located. Valet parking was expensive but in-line for central Seattle. Will repeat, have recommended to several already.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review. I'm glad you found our location and service suited to your travel needs. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers!
Boise
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I go to Seattle every 3 months, and I am incredibly happy to say my home away from home now is The Paramount Hotel. I have stayed many places in Seattle, and I can't believe I did not find this treasure sooner. The staff are excellent and kind is an understatement. Tom, Emily, Kyle, and Seth go out of their way to accommodate your needs and do it with sincerity. All staff are exceptionally kind. My visits are medical in nature, and at times I have procedures and do not feel well. Emily really goes the extra mile to get a late check out if at all possible so that there can be a place to rest before traveling home. This means the world to me. Tom will make anything happen for you from the simplest of things like a friendly smile to calling a cab to reservations for dinner, you name it. The management team is superb, and something that seemed like a small request to them and easy to fill was a huge deal to me. I am so appreciative. The kind touches will alone get referrals to The Paramount.
The hotel itself is smaller, quiet, quaint, yet very updated and very clean. The furniture is really comfortable, especially the beds, which is most important. The beds are amazing. I am typically not a fan of wall unit heating and air conditioning, but the unit was unobtrusive and did not bother me with noise. Possibly because the room was so comfortable it made up for it. The location is prime. I do not rent a car and could walk easily to Pike's Market, shopping, many restaurants, etc. The bus system in Seattle is amazing, so when I need to go further than walking distance hopping on the bus is a piece of cake.
I am probably leaving a lot out, but my overall experiences of The Paramount Hotel are excellent. I get so excited to go back despite having to fit medical visits in.
Thank you so much to everyone at The Paramount!

Jodie

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jodie, We are so glad you choose to stay with us on your frequent trips to Seattle. We all wish it was for business or leisure rather than medical. Thank you for such a kind review on Trip Advisor and we wish you all the best and good health!
Southeast Alaska
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My mom, sister, and I traveled to Seattle to attend the Lion King at the Paramount Theater. We took the light rail from the airport to Westlake Center and walked to the Paramount Hotel. It could not have been easier to get there. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful. We loved everything about this hotel - the rooms, staff, restaraunt (AMAZING!), location, etc. The location was great for shopping - Gap, Old Navy, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Macy's, etc are all within blocks of the hotel. Pike's Place is a short walk down the hill and the space needle is within walking distance too. We enjoyed the Dragonfish restaraunt located at the hotel as well as Ruth's Chris Steakhouse located across the street in the Hyatt hotel. Amazing food!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PsgVikings
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review! We are glad you found our location so handy to everything you wanted to see and do during your Seattle visit. Next time you come down from Alaska, we hope you will stay with us again.