“Excellent in all ways”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our reservation was handled well, the reception was efficient and warm, service was superb. Our room (a corner superior) was very comfortable and clean, the bathroom spacious. Well located. Valet parking was expensive but in-line for central Seattle. Will repeat, have recommended to several already.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your great review. I'm glad you found our location and service suited to your travel needs. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I go to Seattle every 3 months, and I am incredibly happy to say my home away from home now is The Paramount Hotel. I have stayed many places in Seattle, and I can't believe I did not find this treasure sooner. The staff are excellent and kind is an understatement. Tom, Emily, Kyle, and Seth go out of their way to accommodate your needs and do it with sincerity. All staff are exceptionally kind. My visits are medical in nature, and at times I have procedures and do not feel well. Emily really goes the extra mile to get a late check out if at all possible so that there can be a place to rest before traveling home. This means the world to me. Tom will make anything happen for you from the simplest of things like a friendly smile to calling a cab to reservations for dinner, you name it. The management team is superb, and something that seemed like a small request to them and easy to fill was a huge deal to me. I am so appreciative. The kind touches will alone get referrals to The Paramount.
The hotel itself is smaller, quiet, quaint, yet very updated and very clean. The furniture is really comfortable, especially the beds, which is most important. The beds are amazing. I am typically not a fan of wall unit heating and air conditioning, but the unit was unobtrusive and did not bother me with noise. Possibly because the room was so comfortable it made up for it. The location is prime. I do not rent a car and could walk easily to Pike's Market, shopping, many restaurants, etc. The bus system in Seattle is amazing, so when I need to go further than walking distance hopping on the bus is a piece of cake.
I am probably leaving a lot out, but my overall experiences of The Paramount Hotel are excellent. I get so excited to go back despite having to fit medical visits in.
Thank you so much to everyone at The Paramount!

Jodie

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jodie, We are so glad you choose to stay with us on your frequent trips to Seattle. We all wish it was for business or leisure rather than medical. Thank you for such a kind review on Trip Advisor and we wish you all the best and good health!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My mom, sister, and I traveled to Seattle to attend the Lion King at the Paramount Theater. We took the light rail from the airport to Westlake Center and walked to the Paramount Hotel. It could not have been easier to get there. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful. We loved everything about this hotel - the rooms, staff, restaraunt (AMAZING!), location, etc. The location was great for shopping - Gap, Old Navy, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Macy's, etc are all within blocks of the hotel. Pike's Place is a short walk down the hill and the space needle is within walking distance too. We enjoyed the Dragonfish restaraunt located at the hotel as well as Ruth's Chris Steakhouse located across the street in the Hyatt hotel. Amazing food!

1  Thank PsgVikings

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review! We are glad you found our location so handy to everything you wanted to see and do during your Seattle visit. Next time you come down from Alaska, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

While attending The Lion King at the Paramount Theater in Seattle my daughter and I stayed overnight at the Paramount Hotel. The service was outstanding, accomadations were lovely and the location in downtown Seattle is perfect. We walked to Pike Place Market in the morning and even after our 12pm checkout we were able to park the car in the hotel garage until 5pm with no additional charge.

1  Thank Kara S
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thanks for the great review Kara. We love it when "locals" from around Puget Sound stay with us. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you catch a show at the Paramount Theatre!

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife has just stayed there for the second time. Typically we stay at the Red Lion or Sheraton downtown. Each time now that she has stayed here she can't stop talking about the wonder beds and the incredible staff....so kind and caring. Next visit... It's my turn to enjoy what they offer.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dennis W
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thanks for the review Dennis, and we can't wait for you to stay with us on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Paramount Hotel in Seattle is a very comfortable and affordable place to stay in downtown Seattle. Just three blocks from the Westlake terminus for the light rail from the airport, the hotel is very close to the Convention Center, the Conference Center, the Paramount Theatre and shopping. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 1958DumbSmack
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your detailed review. We are glad you found our location and our rooms to your liking. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you come up to Seattle.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My grandson and I had tickets to see The Lion King at the Paramount Theater which why I chose this hotel. We originally had reservations for two nights but decided there was no need for the second night, but after staying our first night I wanted to stay the second just because I loved it. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel and the pillows/bedding made me feel like I was in a cloud. Cleanliness was superb which was very nice to see. I had trouble figuring out where to park so drove around the block a few times then figured out how to drive up to the entrance and the Valet was prompt and explained it all to me...he was fantastic!! Front desk at check in was also very friendly and the Doorman was super fantastic too and clearly loved his position and was extremely knowledgeable about things to do in Seattle and had great suggestions. Excellent experience all around and will stay here again in the future.

1  Thank PainterWanda
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for your kind words Wanda. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your room, and what a compliment that you extended your stay! We hope to see you again on your next overnight in Seattle.