“Friendly Staff”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked a group of rooms at the Paramount during a conference at the convention center (1 block away) and was very pleased. Rooms are on the small side but the bathrooms are thoughtfully designed, and there are refrigerators (and no minibar). The related Asian restaurant (Dragonfish) is good and inexpensive, especially for happy hour which is 3-6p.m. and 9-1 a.m.. The lobby area and rooms are tasteful and well maintained. My only complaint was extremely slow and insecure wi-fi, but I was told an upgrade is underway. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank abcpoet
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for the great review. You are correct, we will be upgrading our Internet services. Guests will soon be be able to experience faster speeds and easier access. We thank you for your patronage. We hope to start the upgrade soon, and have it ready for your next visit to Seattle.

There are newer reviews for The Paramount Hotel

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was my first stay at the Paramount Hotel and it will certainly not be my last. Previously I have stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites and the Roosevelt Hotel all in the same general area. The location is perfect for a downtown stay. Everything is within a short walk - Pike Place Market, shopping, restaurants, and some of the hospitals. I happened to have an appointment at Virginia Mason Hospital and it was an easy 10 min walk.

My first impression of the Paramount was great. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff, The Bell man was especially helpful and went out of his way to offer any assistance I needed. I was very impressed. My room on the 11th floor was modern and comfortable. The view was disappointing but everything else was exactly what I need in a downtown hotel room - comfortable bed, small fridge, clean bathroom, and a good sized flat screen tv.

I highly recommend this hotel. Perfect location, clean and comfortable rooms, and some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. It is also just a 5 min walk from the lightrail station at Westlake so easy access from the airport without a car, This is my new go to hotel in downtown Seattle. A special thank you to the Bellman for his superb customer service.

2  Thank AKPROG
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

We are honored to be your new go-to hotel in downtown Seattle. That makes our day to read that in your review. We'd love to welcome you back anytime you're in Seattle. Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

From the valet parking, check in, maid service, concierge, and check out, the entire experience was wonderful. Great location, friendly staff and great restaraunt. Will definitley be staying again and again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelBuddyHeather

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are honored you'd stay with us again. We certainly hope to serve you again soon when you visit Seattle.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and paid attention to me, even in the brief moments they met me. Zach at the front desk was very nice and extremely helpful. The room was clean and I had two large windows in my room that made it feel very open. It was also really close to the convention center, where a writing conference I was going to was being held. The hotel staff was willing to hold my luggage for a couple hours while I waited for a train and they were able to get me a taxi at the hotel in less than a minute. I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms, while maybe not the quietest because of street noise, have great window options.
1  Thank Kayla D

Hi Kayla - Thank you for your great review! I really appreciate your lovely remarks about our helpful and friendly team. I'm glad we could provide you with a comfortable stay, and certainly hope you'll be back.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I had tickets to see Spamalot at the 5th Ave and decided since our tickets were for a Friday that we would meet in Seattle (we both work on different sides of the water) and make a special date of it. We had to circle the block a time or two to find the right entrance for the car, but once we arrived the valet was prompt and personable. The front desk was very nice and suggested that next time we should call and reserve directly since we could get a military discount (my husband came directly from work and was in uniform).

Our room was comfortable and updated. Unlike other reviewers, I DO expect free internet and was not disappointed! It did drop the connection a few times, but I am pleased to hear that the hotel will be updating that soon.

We had dinner at Dragonfish, downstairs. If you plan dinner there, particularly on the weekend, be sure to make a reservation. We were fortunate enough to get in, but only just and only because we were eating early to get to the show.

Our location was close enough for us to walk to the 5th Avenue Theatre. Our sleep was restful and quiet and checkout was smooth and fast. We enjoyed our stay and will come again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderer1_12

Thank you for your great review of your stay with us. I'm glad to read you were well taken care of, and you and your husband could enjoy a date night in the city.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently stayed at The Paramount for three nights, when I was in town for a conference at the Washington State Convention Center. It was perfect!

1) It's only about two blocks from the convention center, and about half of the walk is under a cover, so you stay dry even in the rainy Seattle weather.

2) I was looking for one of the more inexpensive options nearby, and chose The Paramount--but when I got there, I couldn't believe how amazing the hotel was for the price. It was beautiful, well-maintained, clean, etc., and I was much happier with my experience here than at larger hotels like the nearby Sheraton.

3) The hotel staff was incredibly helpful. Any time I had a question or need ANYTHING, they bent over backwards to help me out. I was worried about being out of my room by 12pm on the last day of my trip, due to a conference obligation, and the woman at the front desk told me all of the different options they offered for this particular situation. I realized that my suit was wrinkled from being in my suitcase for 12+ hours, so I asked for a nearby dry cleaning recommendation. The hotel took care of everything: I simply had to bring the clothes to the front desk and then they returned them to my room that evening. Every time I walked past the front desk, they greeted me, asked me how my stay was, asked if there was anything to do, etc., and sometimes even offered recommendations of places to go nearby.

I absolutely recommend this hotel, particularly if you will be at the convention center. It's really close to some of the touristy things, too (a short walk from the Pike Market, and shopping; reasonable walking distance from parts of Capitol Hill, etc.), but it might not be the ideal location for other travel purposes--still, I couldn't have been happier with my stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor and had no complaints!
1  Thank Silas H

Hi Silas - Thank you very much for your stellar review! I really appreciate your excellent highlights regarding your stay with us and our entire team. We certainly hope to see you if you should visit Seattle again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night for our wedding anniversary. The bellman was very nice and the check-in was easy and fast. We had a corner suite and the room was fantastic. Very nice updates with a great five piece bathroom, windows on two walls of the room and well picked decorations. One nice touch is that anything in the mini-bar fridge was free... something you rarely see anymore. Oh, and the internet was also free which is pretty unheard of except at cheap hotels.

After getting to our room, I noticed that the flowers I previously ordered from an outside floral shop were not in the room. I came up with an excuse to go back downstairs and then asked the front desk. They weren't sure why the flowers had not been delivered, but immediately called the floral shop and ensured me that flowers were on the way and would be in the room after we got back from dinner. After dinner, my wife was surprised by her flowers, and I was surprised that the hotel had comped us a bottle of champagne even though the flower debacle was no fault of theirs. Excellent service above a beyond what I had expected.

We also ordered room service the next morning and it came exactly on time and the food was freshly made and tasted delicious. I looked at a bunch of hotels in this part of Seattle, and the Paramount was actually one of the cheapest. The fact that everything was so good really surprised me when some other places were charging nearly double. The bed was also super comfortable and we never heard any of our neighbors, which is highly unusual for a hotel because I can't sleep even with the slightest noise.

This place is definitely recommended and I will stay again for a special occasion.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paul7atc
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your great review. We are honored you chose to stay with us for your wedding anniversary. We certainly hope you enjoyed your time with us, and that your celebration was as special as you imagined!