“Seattle paramount hotel”

Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Toronto, Canada
“Seattle paramount hotel”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Close to tourist attractions. Walking distance to waterfront and shopping. Nice clean hotel with good service. Breakfast and valet parking included in my package is great. Too bad Wifi did not work for the top floor where I stayed.

Room Tip: Top floor is nice but need Wifi fixed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do apologize for any inconvenience the wi-fi may have provided for you. We've sent the message back to our team and will be sure to see what we can do. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location and service. We hope to see you the next time you're in Seattle. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
dallas,texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked this hotel way in advance for our June 8 cruise out of Seattle for Alaska. Arrived two days early to sightsee. Took a "see Seattle Tour". we were picked up at hotel and were in a van with another family of four - so only 6 on the entire tour. Driver showed us the City for 3 hours...upp one hill and down the next. From Pikes Market to the Ship yards. It was a super tour.
Loved the hotel. Front desk exceptionally accommodating. I had booked a corner King Suite. After bout 20 minutes in the room I knew I couldn't sleep there. It was on a corner, with windows on two sides, immediately over the very busy intersection with buses and traffic. Contacted front desk about my problem and was told there were no more corner rooms available.. After a little bit of time the hotel came offered me a smaller but quieter room. After looking at it I decided to take it. It was cozier...but oh soooo quiet. Thank you Paramount. To compensate for price difference I was given coupons to use for food in their dining room. Thank you again!!
Everyone at the Front Desk was so good about giving us directions...also restaurant advice in the neighborhood. Doorman was exceptionally nice.
Ate a late supper in the Dragon Fish (the hotel restaurant), they serve "small plates" and everything we ordered was delicious. Would recommend

All in all loved our stay at the Paramount...and would go back in a minute. My advice would be to stay away from the "corner King Suites"...even though they are beautiful they are just too too noisy.
Thanks again for a gret stay. Mary

Room Tip: Stay away from noisy corner suites
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you loved the hotel and enjoyed your time in Seattle. Sounds like the tour was great! We're happy to hear that our team was able to accommodate a room change. Although our windows are double paned some street noise can still manage to get in and we do apologize for any inconvenience that the change may have caused. Thank you for mentioning our friendly team. We all hope to see you again soon! Thank you!
Ft Myers
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were in Seattle for 5 nites and didn't rent a car, we walked everywhere, this place was fantastic we travel alot and know hotels and we only stay at nice hotels. This was 5 to 10 walk to the market close to all kinds of Resturants, bathroom had a shower, private bathroom door, and a tub with a rubber ducky and also salts for the tub which I thought was cute, nice bed I mean nice bed very comfy, mini frig, and coffee maker, if you have a car it cost you 29.00 a day but across the street there was daily parking cheap, and staff were really nice and helpful, we shopped around for hotels and seattle isn't cheap other hotels were double the price and this place was well worth it, will go back to this place next year when we make our trip again. enjoy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to provide feedback. We want to thank you for mentioning our convenience and value. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the little touches we've added to our rooms (including those great rubber ducks). We can't wait to see you again next year! Thank you!
Baltimore
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked directly with hotel and got a great rate with great value. The hotel was in a very good location within walking distance to shopping and Pike Street market. Our room, executive corner, looked down Pine street. The room was very, very clean with plenty of space. Everything was up to date and well kept. Not one ounce of shabbiness anywhere...something we are always able to spot. We felt very comfortable and relaxed. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for mentioning our great value, convenient location, cleanliness and quality. And we of course thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We do hope we'll see you again soon and thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here with a colleague for a week on business. Everything was adequate; clean, provided advertised services. Initially they had offered me a double queen, but then booked a king size and never told me we didn't have the double queen. Thankfully I checked much nearer the time. However, it took a while before they accepted the error. Finally, after much effort they did and then they offered a guaranteed and free roll away bed. That's really the least they could do given their error, but we were both comfortable and we had what we wanted.

That error aside, once we were there, the room was fine, the gym is pretty good, the staff (reception and housekeepers) were very friendly and helpful. They also provided (tasty) apples at the front desk and have a lovely gas fire.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do apologize for the mix up and any inconvenience it provided for both you and your colleague. However we're happy to hear that you had an otherwise pleasant stay. Thank you for mentioning our friendly team and other amenities. We hope we'll see you again the next time you're in Downtown Seattle. Thank you!
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here with a couple friends for the weekend...Our room was nice and it was clean! The beds were comfy and I like that they were two queen beds instead of the normal full beds you get at other hotels. The lobby always smelt so nice and the staff was very friendly. My only real complaint was the charges at checkout. I had booked the room at a secured best available rate knowing that parking would be added at checkout. Well upon checkout the two days of parking was added as expected, but the "hotel occupancy tax", "commercial parking tax" and "Seattle tourism assessment" we're definitely not expected!! On top of that there was a "local tax" and "state tax" along with a "local sales tax" and "state sales tax"! Seriously?! It would have been nice to know what the actual price of the hotel was going to be considering I was debating between this and two other hotels right by. We ended up paying an added $117 in "Hidden" fee's. Annoying.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennrowland
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for the kind words about our property and team. Since our location is very central and in highly desirable downtown Seattle, parking can be pricey. We are always monitoring the cost, and being competitively priced in relation to other hotels in the area is very important to us. Unfortunately, we have no control over the cost of taxes, but we believe we offer a great value and competitive price for a hotel in popular downtown Seattle.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Paramount is good until what just happened to me. Today, Sunday, June 30, 2013. I was out with my friend all day and came back hotel around 5pm for a short rest before our Argosy Cruise at 6:30pm. Guess what? I was unable to use my key. I went down to the front desk, they give me new key to Room 7XX. However, I was in Rom 11XX. Therefore, it took a while for them to figure out what happened and they give me key to Room 11XX. I went up to the 11th, opened the door, and found all of my stuff were missing!!! I felt terrified and went down again, waiting in line and asked for an explanation. They told me they put my stuff in Room 7XX and they will send it up to me!!! I was totally pissed off!!! What could that happen? The guy explain to me with a single sentence: "There was miscommunication, I apologize." What the hXll! My reservation is checking out on July 2, why they just took all my stuff out and put in a different room without any notice? I don't like people to touch my stuff I put in drawers or the closet. I have things over the desk and next to the TV. They just put all my stuff in a paper bag. They threw away some bags (kate spade and things like that) I kept for gifts to my family and friends in Taiwan. How can they do this to me with a single sentence as apology? I totally cannot accept it even after a nice trip with Argosy. That is the reason why I post the review here. Although I am a Taiwanese, I would write this in English so that more people can see how the Paramount treat their customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank JenTsaur
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We wholeheartedly apologize for the incident that you have described. Please rest assured that our intentions are always to deliver the best possible service to our guests and that the incident you have described is extremely out of the ordinary for our team. We can assure you that we are taking every step necessary to further investigate what took place to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Please e-mail me so that we may discuss how we can make this up to you. kylea@paramounthotelseattle.com. Thank you again.