The Paramount Hotel
$461
$423
  • Pool
1,939 results
All reviewsdragonfish restaurantgreat locationconvention centerpine streetpike place marketcorner roomwithin walking distancespace needlepacific placeacross the streetlight railvalet parkingshopping and restaurantsbed was very comfortablegreat shoppinghappy hourwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were in Seattle for 5 nites and didn't rent a car, we walked everywhere, this place was fantastic we travel alot and know hotels and we only stay at nice hotels. This was 5 to 10 walk to the market close to all kinds of Resturants, bathroom had a shower, private bathroom door, and a tub with a rubber ducky and also salts for the tub which I thought was cute, nice bed I mean nice bed very comfy, mini frig, and coffee maker, if you have a car it cost you 29.00 a day but across the street there was daily parking cheap, and staff were really nice and helpful, we shopped around for hotels and seattle isn't cheap other hotels were double the price and this place was well worth it, will go back to this place next year when we make our trip again. enjoy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to provide feedback. We want to thank you for mentioning our convenience and value. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the little touches we've added to our rooms (including those great rubber ducks). We can't wait to see you again next year! Thank you!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked directly with hotel and got a great rate with great value. The hotel was in a very good location within walking distance to shopping and Pike Street market. Our room, executive corner, looked down Pine street. The room was very, very clean with plenty of space. Everything was up to date and well kept. Not one ounce of shabbiness anywhere...something we are always able to spot. We felt very comfortable and relaxed. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for mentioning our great value, convenient location, cleanliness and quality. And we of course thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We do hope we'll see you again soon and thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here with a colleague for a week on business. Everything was adequate; clean, provided advertised services. Initially they had offered me a double queen, but then booked a king size and never told me we didn't have the double queen. Thankfully I checked much nearer the time. However, it took a while before they accepted the error. Finally, after much effort they did and then they offered a guaranteed and free roll away bed. That's really the least they could do given their error, but we were both comfortable and we had what we wanted.

That error aside, once we were there, the room was fine, the gym is pretty good, the staff (reception and housekeepers) were very friendly and helpful. They also provided (tasty) apples at the front desk and have a lovely gas fire.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do apologize for the mix up and any inconvenience it provided for both you and your colleague. However we're happy to hear that you had an otherwise pleasant stay. Thank you for mentioning our friendly team and other amenities. We hope we'll see you again the next time you're in Downtown Seattle. Thank you!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here with a couple friends for the weekend...Our room was nice and it was clean! The beds were comfy and I like that they were two queen beds instead of the normal full beds you get at other hotels. The lobby always smelt so nice and the staff was very friendly. My only real complaint was the charges at checkout. I had booked the room at a secured best available rate knowing that parking would be added at checkout. Well upon checkout the two days of parking was added as expected, but the "hotel occupancy tax", "commercial parking tax" and "Seattle tourism assessment" we're definitely not expected!! On top of that there was a "local tax" and "state tax" along with a "local sales tax" and "state sales tax"! Seriously?! It would have been nice to know what the actual price of the hotel was going to be considering I was debating between this and two other hotels right by. We ended up paying an added $117 in "Hidden" fee's. Annoying.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennrowland
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for the kind words about our property and team. Since our location is very central and in highly desirable downtown Seattle, parking can be pricey. We are always monitoring the cost, and being competitively priced in relation to other hotels in the area is very important to us. Unfortunately, we have no control over the cost of taxes, but we believe we offer a great value and competitive price for a hotel in popular downtown Seattle.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Paramount is good until what just happened to me. Today, Sunday, June 30, 2013. I was out with my friend all day and came back hotel around 5pm for a short rest before our Argosy Cruise at 6:30pm. Guess what? I was unable to use my key. I went down to the front desk, they give me new key to Room 7XX. However, I was in Rom 11XX. Therefore, it took a while for them to figure out what happened and they give me key to Room 11XX. I went up to the 11th, opened the door, and found all of my stuff were missing!!! I felt terrified and went down again, waiting in line and asked for an explanation. They told me they put my stuff in Room 7XX and they will send it up to me!!! I was totally pissed off!!! What could that happen? The guy explain to me with a single sentence: "There was miscommunication, I apologize." What the hXll! My reservation is checking out on July 2, why they just took all my stuff out and put in a different room without any notice? I don't like people to touch my stuff I put in drawers or the closet. I have things over the desk and next to the TV. They just put all my stuff in a paper bag. They threw away some bags (kate spade and things like that) I kept for gifts to my family and friends in Taiwan. How can they do this to me with a single sentence as apology? I totally cannot accept it even after a nice trip with Argosy. That is the reason why I post the review here. Although I am a Taiwanese, I would write this in English so that more people can see how the Paramount treat their customer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank JenTsaur
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We wholeheartedly apologize for the incident that you have described. Please rest assured that our intentions are always to deliver the best possible service to our guests and that the incident you have described is extremely out of the ordinary for our team. We can assure you that we are taking every step necessary to further investigate what took place to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Please e-mail me so that we may discuss how we can make this up to you. kylea@paramounthotelseattle.com. Thank you again.