“Excellent Customer Care”

Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver
“Excellent Customer Care”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Paramount in early May when coming to see a show at the Fifth Avenue Theatre. The service team at the desk provided excellent care, allowing us to check in a bit early, which made a big difference to our day. The hotel is in a fantastic location - easy walking distance to shopping, the Pike Place Market and great restaurants. What impressed me most was the care by the manager, Kyle Asher, in response to a post-trip survey that I completed. I mentioned a problem with the pull out bed in our suite and wiithin 12 hours I received a warm and apologetic email from him asking that we give them a chance to show their true colours and asking me to contact him personally if I was considering returning to Seattle. I let him know about an upcoming trip in July and he again was immediately in touch to offer a wonderful price for a room with two queen beds. I had just heard a radio show about businesses that provide excellent customer service through attention to detail and meaningful responses to that show customers they care. The show mentioned how rare it can be to find businesses that care enough offer this kind of service and I want to let people know that the Paramount cares!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank C P
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words. It's always nice to hear when our location and team are appreciated. I'm so glad that we had the chance to connect and we look forward to seeing you in July!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Marysville, Ohio
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very nice hotel in convenient location. Lots of good resaraunts close by. Close to convention center. Close to shopping. An easy walk to the Farmer's Market. A few blocks from the monorail. A few blocks from the last stop of "Link," the light rail (convenient trip to and from the airport). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Inquire as to when the window cleaning staff will be doing interior windows. They are loud and rude...
2 Thank J-from-Marysville
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay! We do apologize about any incident that may have occurred with the cleaning of your windows. We can assure you that had you alerted us any disturbance we would have addressed it immediately. That being said we're happy to hear that our location was convenient for you and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Seattle. Thank you!
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Paramount when I was in Seattle for a conference at the Seattle Convention Center. I was impressed by the service and location. The hotel is very nice, but it is also pretty small. The staff greeted me each time I passed through the lobby, asked if I was enjoying my stay, and if there was anything i needed.

The room was very nicely furnished and quiet. The bathroom was spacious and the bed was comfortable. I will return to the Paramount the next time I'm in Seattle.

Room Tip: Corner room on the upper floor was very quiet and had nice views.
2 Thank Bobby L
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We're glad to hear that our location and friendly team contributed to an overall great visit to Seattle! And we're so happy that you'll be joining us again. Thank you!
Pacific Northwest, USA
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed for a brief training class being held in the hotel's conference center. The room was nice but not spectacular, and very clean. The bed was firm, and I didn't run out of hot water in the morning even though I got up fairly late. The room was very quiet and I didn't hear any noise from adjacent rooms or the hallway.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful, and overall it was a nice stay.

The DragonFish restaurant located in the hotel had a nice selection of Asian cuisine (I happen to like sushi) and was clean and fairly prompt. The hotel is directly across from Ruths Chris steakhouse, and if you have the opportunity you have to have dinner there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor or above and near the stairs. Few use the stairs at that level and w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SunburntButHappy
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to do so. We're so happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that you found our team to be pleasant and helpful! And thanks for the great tips for other future guests! We hope to see you the next time you're in Seattle. Thank you!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We booked our weekend get-away online and prepaid. We went to Seattle for our anniversary. When we got their they asked what the reason for our trip was and when we told them our anniversary, they sent us a complimentary bottle of wine and a card. The room was wonderful. The free water a blessing when you ride the train and want to walk around Seattle. The hotel was relatively quiet and the beds very comfortable. The Dragonfish restaurant exceeded expectations in both price and quality of food. We'll definitely be back! Thanks Paramount for a great weekend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
So happy to hear that your anniversary weekend getaway was a success. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and thorough review! It sounds like you enjoyed your room and we're so happy to hear that. Thank you for mentioning that you found your room to be quiet and comfortable. We're also glad that you enjoyed the great food at Dragonfish Cafe. We'll see you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is the only hotel that I've ever been in that makes it easy to sleep:

- windows that open (yeah, other hotels have this)
- a ventilation system with an off switch (so it's not roaring in the middle of the night)
- the in-room refrigerator had a little button to put it to sleep for 8 hours (why don't all hotels have this?)

And a 24 hour basic-but-functional fitness facility. (Why does every other hotel I've been in have to close theirs so early?)

The room was comfortable, clean and well appointed. Service was great. The hotel, being older, feels gracious and has personality.

Location was perfect. It's a 1-1/2 block from Seattle's Link service, a light-rail system that goes to the Amtrak station and on to SeaTac airport.

I'd highly recommend the Paramount.

2 Thank geoffyvr
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We always appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests. We take pride in the little details so we're so happy that you mentioned our windows, ventilation system, and refrigerator species. It's also nice to hear that you enjoyed our 24-hour fitness center and that you found your room to be comfortable and clean. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you!
Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was a short (one night) stay but I have to say this Hotel was very good! The bed was one of the most confortable ones my husband and I have ever slept, and we liked the fact the Hotel was easy to find and it is just a stroll away from downtown. People at front desk were very friendly and helpfull since it was our first time to Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple