“Not worth the money”

Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Cotati, California
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel looks beautiful online-however this is not the case when you get there. I was told upon driving in that valet parking is not optional and would cost an additional $30 per day, also the room was quite small and had a view of a wall of the next building. The rooms air conditioning was dirty and we developed a sore throat while there. They are quick to add on charges for everything including bottled water, there is NO breakfast which is crazy, and the coffeepot is hidden in a cabinet unplugged-having to take it out and set it all up is ridiculous for the amount we spent. The front desk staff was not friendly or helpful-when I asked how to get to Pikes market I was merely pointed in a direction-no street names or details. I will never stay here again or recommend to anyone else. A total WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank applejack77
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, but we do appreciate your feedback. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, and had you informed us that you believe the air conditioning vent was dirty, we would have immediately placed you in a different room to your liking. I can assure you that our ventilation systems are on a routine maintenance program, and every vent is checked for the safety of our guests. I'd like you to know that we take all comments and reviews very seriously and use them for moving forward in positive ways.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The only downside I can say about my stay was the alarm going off multiple times during the night. Normally for something like that I would give a terrible rating but all the other good things about the hotel sort of made up for it. After a long flight I was very excited to check into my room right away even though I got there well before the designated check in time. The concierge was so sweet and gave me all sorts of suggestions for the area.The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel. The staff was so nice and accommodating and were genuinely concerned about the alarm disturbing the guests. I was given a generous discount when I checked out because of the alarm disturbance.

I would DEFINITELY stay here again for the comfy bed alone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very thorough and honest review of your recent stay with us. Firstly, allow me to apologize for the incident with our fire alarm. Despite this, I am extremely happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us, found our team friendly and helpful, and our guest rooms comfortable. That means so much to us. We'd love to see you again when in Seattle!
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our stay was fabulous (other than the fire alarm going off). We would definitely stay here again. The room was comfortable and surprisingly quite. I loved the soaking tub. And it was a great location for walking to the waterfront and to the monorail that travels to Seattle center.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so pleased to read that you would stay with us again, despite the one issue you encountered while staying with us. I am glad you found our guest rooms quiet and comfortable, too. Hope to see you again when in Seattle!
Castro Valley
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel was such a refreshing delight. The customer service was outstanding and the rooms were so comfortable. The hotel is in a great location and the staff were very helpful about getting around Seattle.

Room Tip: great pillows and very comfortable mattresses
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am happy to read that you found our hotel a refreshing delight. We love that! Thank you for recognizing our friendly and helpful customer service team, as well.
Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for only 1 night in July, wish we could have stayed longer. The bed was so comfortable. The valets were so friendly and the staff at the Dragonfish restauant. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your incredible review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and our team attentive and helpful. Hope to see you again on your next stay in Seattle!
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was a little reluctant to stay at this hotel, as I had not heard of it before and the rate was very reasonable for downtown Seattle. After reading a few reviews on here and seeing some pictures, I decided to give it a try. I was very pleased. The lobby is small, but nice and cozy. The rooms are comparable to a Hilton in size, decor, amenities, and cleanliness. I ordered room service, which came from the restaurant in the hotel, which is Dragonfish, one of the top rated restaurants in the city. The bento box was great. It's right in the heart of the shopping district, walking distance to great restaurants like PF Chang and Cheesecake Factory among many others.
Overall, I loved this hotel and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and would choose to stay with us again. We hope you had a wonderful time in Seattle!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The service was fantastic. The room was very comfortable and clean.Would absolutely stay there again. Great location to downtown shops and close to the Public Market and monorail.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dgabelnater
, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so pleased to read that you found our service fantastic, and our rooms to be comfortable and clean. Obviously that is very important when choosing a hotel, so we are glad we fit the bill. We'd love to have you stay with us again when in Seattle!