“Nice Hotel Good Location”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Paramount Hotel. Staff was friendly. The location is close to a couple of the big downtown shopping centers. I didn't go to the Paramount theatre but it is only a block away. The room was decent sized and comfortable. There aren't a whole lot of channels on the tv but they do have HBO and movie rental selections. My room had a small refrigerator in it. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank RogerSLucas_TX
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. Thank you for also mentioning the friendliness of our team. Always happy to hear that! I appreciate your thorough feedback and am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for The Paramount Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We just spent a few nights there and will definitely stay again. The bedding was top notch, everything was clean and quiet. Tully's coffee in the lobby in the AM, but powdered creamer. That is my only complaint, but there you go. With a coffee shop on every block it was not a problem. Two blocks to Nordstroms, Westlake Center, and all kinds of great shopping. My husband worked a deal for free parking and was happy with the valet service. Probably the best location and value of the hotels we have stayed in downtown.

1  Thank enzane2000

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel and found our beds comfortable. We understand that a comfortable bed is an important feature for a property, so that means a lot to us! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Highly recommend Hotel Paramount where I had a chance stay as I missed my booking with Sheraton with which the conference I was attending had tied-up. Must say that I found that this hotel had a better location just next to Westlake Station for connectivity to Airport and other locations and best of shopping areas like Nordstorm, Macey's etc. next door. Cant have a better located hotel than this if you are there for short while.

Great Staff particularly the Bell Desk one (Oldie is a class on his own)

Room Tip: Do not perceive that certain services are given as in other hotels in the rest of world, ask for thi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our central location and our accommodations! Thank you also for noting the friendliness of our team. This is very important to us, and we're glad it shows. Hope to see you again when in Seattle!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay in Seattle for a night to ourselves. We usually stay a Saturday without the kiddos to relax, go out to dinner and have a few drinks once a month or so.

Upon arriving at the Paramount they could not find our reservation and took them about 20 minutes to work out some type of deal even after my husband showed them the confirmation on his phone for the room. Apparently, they rely on the FAX machine to manage their reservations from Orbitz and the reservation employee wasn't there - WHY isn't there a reservation person on staff at all times!?!? Are you telling me that I can only make reservations M-F from 8-5?!? Rediculous procedures....

We did finally get checked into our room and it seemed clean and was actually pretty nice with a great view of the city. We had a wonderful night, went across the street and had a great dinner with some friends and family. We headed back to the hotel and woke up the next morning parched. So my husband grabbed the water bottle and started drinking it...he didn't think anything of it until he set it down and realized - hey that didn't make a noise when I opened it....THE WATER BOTTLE WAS USED AND PUT BACK ON THE DRESSER!!!!

Of course this made both of us sick and we wanted some kind of reparation for this hazardous health situation. We talked to the front desk and they offered to take the water bottle charge off of our bill...while we of course expected that, we expected that they were a little more in tune to the fact that who knows WHO could have drank out of that water bottle and this should have been the equivalent to "a bug in my food" at a restaurant!!!! The employee behind the desk actually became loud and on the verge of yelling at my husband when he tried to discuss this with him. My husband asked for the manager and again explained the situation from start to finish...the manager said they would comp us a night after much discussion of basically saying they coudln't do anything. Here we are a month later and still we have no "comp night". Not that we would ever stay at this hotel again anyway....their customers service really sucks!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicoli63
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great value for money. Staff is super helpful in particular Jerry in reservations and the bell team they were so nice! Parking is a tiny bit expensive but that's to be expected from downtown in any major city.

Clean and great location.

We will be back thanks guys!

• Stayed: April 2012
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your incredible review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and our team attentive and helpful. Hope to see you again on your next stay in Seattle!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was in town for a week on business and stayed at the Paramount on the recommendation of a colleague. I'm not certain what the normal full room rate would be but I felt the business rate was a good value for the level of service and accommodations. My room was very clean and everything looked new or well-maintained. The best part was how well I slept! I almost always spend at least the first night at a hotel tossing and turning but this time I slept great all four nights of my stay. My room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

The staff were also very friendly, especially the guy who hailed a cab for me each morning. I saw some of the hotels my peers stayed at and I think this was the best choice. The proximity to all the shopping, restaurants and sight-seeing was also a huge bonus.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevator and ice machines and I think that really helped to get a g...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable. I really appreciate you highlighting your experience with our team members in particular. I will be sure to pass this review on to our entire team. We certainly hope to see you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed at Paramount for 1 night during a 6 day, 7 night trip to the Pacific Northwest. The hotel was very clean, the beds were comfortable. The hotel is located less than 2 blocks from the Light Rail Westlake stop (which was very convenient when we went to the airport the next day) and the same distance from Westlake monorail stop (to the Space Needle). The walk to Pike Place Market is about 10 minutes and is a straight shot down Pine Street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anika K
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you had a great time in the Pacific Northwest!