The Paramount Hotel
$461
$423
  • Pool
1,939 results
All reviewsdragonfish restaurantgreat locationconvention centerpine streetpike place marketcorner roomwithin walking distancespace needlepacific placeacross the streetlight railvalet parkingshopping and restaurantsbed was very comfortablegreat shoppinghappy hourwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay in Seattle for a night to ourselves. We usually stay a Saturday without the kiddos to relax, go out to dinner and have a few drinks once a month or so.

Upon arriving at the Paramount they could not find our reservation and took them about 20 minutes to work out some type of deal even after my husband showed them the confirmation on his phone for the room. Apparently, they rely on the FAX machine to manage their reservations from Orbitz and the reservation employee wasn't there - WHY isn't there a reservation person on staff at all times!?!? Are you telling me that I can only make reservations M-F from 8-5?!? Rediculous procedures....

We did finally get checked into our room and it seemed clean and was actually pretty nice with a great view of the city. We had a wonderful night, went across the street and had a great dinner with some friends and family. We headed back to the hotel and woke up the next morning parched. So my husband grabbed the water bottle and started drinking it...he didn't think anything of it until he set it down and realized - hey that didn't make a noise when I opened it....THE WATER BOTTLE WAS USED AND PUT BACK ON THE DRESSER!!!!

Of course this made both of us sick and we wanted some kind of reparation for this hazardous health situation. We talked to the front desk and they offered to take the water bottle charge off of our bill...while we of course expected that, we expected that they were a little more in tune to the fact that who knows WHO could have drank out of that water bottle and this should have been the equivalent to "a bug in my food" at a restaurant!!!! The employee behind the desk actually became loud and on the verge of yelling at my husband when he tried to discuss this with him. My husband asked for the manager and again explained the situation from start to finish...the manager said they would comp us a night after much discussion of basically saying they coudln't do anything. Here we are a month later and still we have no "comp night". Not that we would ever stay at this hotel again anyway....their customers service really sucks!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicoli63
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great value for money. Staff is super helpful in particular Jerry in reservations and the bell team they were so nice! Parking is a tiny bit expensive but that's to be expected from downtown in any major city.

Clean and great location.

We will be back thanks guys!

• Stayed: April 2012
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your incredible review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and our team attentive and helpful. Hope to see you again on your next stay in Seattle!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was in town for a week on business and stayed at the Paramount on the recommendation of a colleague. I'm not certain what the normal full room rate would be but I felt the business rate was a good value for the level of service and accommodations. My room was very clean and everything looked new or well-maintained. The best part was how well I slept! I almost always spend at least the first night at a hotel tossing and turning but this time I slept great all four nights of my stay. My room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

The staff were also very friendly, especially the guy who hailed a cab for me each morning. I saw some of the hotels my peers stayed at and I think this was the best choice. The proximity to all the shopping, restaurants and sight-seeing was also a huge bonus.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevator and ice machines and I think that really helped to get a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable. I really appreciate you highlighting your experience with our team members in particular. I will be sure to pass this review on to our entire team. We certainly hope to see you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed at Paramount for 1 night during a 6 day, 7 night trip to the Pacific Northwest. The hotel was very clean, the beds were comfortable. The hotel is located less than 2 blocks from the Light Rail Westlake stop (which was very convenient when we went to the airport the next day) and the same distance from Westlake monorail stop (to the Space Needle). The walk to Pike Place Market is about 10 minutes and is a straight shot down Pine Street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anika K
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you had a great time in the Pacific Northwest!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the paramount hotel for 3 nights at the end of march. The rooms were clean, the beds were surprisingly comfortable and the linens were quite soft and modern. The location is close to everything from Pike Place Market, to the department stores, to the monorail to whisk you off to the Space Needle and the EMP music museum. Friendly staff, the only drawback was the parking fees, but I found them to be comparable to those in Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Xanderkat

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for the kind words about our property. Since our location is very central and in highly desirable downtown Seattle, parking can be pricey. We are always monitoring the cost, and being competitively priced in relation to other hotels in the area is very important to us. We'd love to have you stay with us should you visit Seattle again!