The Paramount Hotel
$304
$162
Travelocity
1,942 results
All reviewsdragonfish restaurantgreat locationconvention centerpine streetpike place marketcorner roomwithin walking distancespace needlepacific placeacross the streetlight railvalet parkingshopping and restaurantsbed was very comfortablegreat shoppinghappy hourwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed, for the first time, in a corner king room. We were impressed with the lobby and had high hopes for the room. While it wasn't a bad room, and we would consider the hotel again if we were going to a concert, it certainly wasn't anything memorable.

The not so good: The hotel had touted a 2 person tub - and while it was a soaking tub - it wasn't comfortable for two. The heater came off and on frequently and it made a jarring clicking noise each time...all night long. The maids had left the alarm on from the last guest (a major pet peeve of mine) and so we were awakened at 7 a.m. And, a large group of guests arrived in the room next door at 7:30 and the lack of soundproofing between connecting rooms became glaringly apparent.

The good: The bed was comfortable and the amenities were nice. The price was right at $143 for the upgraded room. It was fun to watch all the concert goers before and after the concert - and not to have to worry about parking or showing up early. We dined at the Dragonfish there in the hotel and had a great meal.

Overall, it was just an o.k. stay...I had hoped for more.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for your review. I really appreciate your comments and feedback. I am disappointed to read that your stay with us wasn't as memorable as it could be. I do apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. Please rest assured that I will address applicable issues with our team, and use your review for future plans.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

I first wrote a review of this property in March 2009. Since then, I've stayed a couple of more times, including most recently in November 2011. The hotel continues to impress and deliver an experience that is in-line with other major downtown Seattle chain hotels that charge a room rate that can be up to double what I pay at the Paramount. In that regard, this hotel delivers superior value.

The staff -- valet and check-in -- has always been very helpful. The rooms are superb -- spacious, well-appointed, with awesome beds. Internet access was high-speed and easy to use. On this last stay, I was assigned a corner room which had great views but, because of having two windows and being on the corner of a busy street, was also a bit noisier (sirens, etc.) that previous rooms.

The only aspect of the hotel that could be improved, in my opinion, is the fitness center -- it's in the basement and has older equipment.

Location is excellent; the hotel is within walking distance of a bunch of restaurants and the downtown shopping.

Highly recommended (still)!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

We can't thank you enough for your review! First and foremost, we are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed multiple stays with us, and that you will allow us to serve you again when in Seattle. We appreciate your mention of our hardworking and helpful staff. Thank you for your feedback about our fitness center as well. I will make a note of your comment and revisit for future planning. Your review made our day; please know that I will pass it on to our team. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed here for 6 days with my boyfriend and his best friend. We had booked a room with 2 beds but instead they gave us a room with one bed. But 4 days later they gave us a room with 2 beds. Overall the hotel rooms were kept clean, there was a mini fridge, Wifi, a tv, etc etc. They helped us get cabs for whatever we needed. I had fallen and I needed a bandage and they gave us some and some neosporin (Free of charge) Overall a good experience. I'd recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us! I apologize that you requested two beds, but received a guest room with one bed for the first part of your stay. Many of the booking engines allow you to request your desired room, but sometimes that may not be available on our end. Regardless, I'm happy to see that we were able to accommodate you for the remaining portion of your stay with us. I appreciate all of your kind words, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Three of us girls spent the weekend in Seattle for a conference. The Paramount has outstanding customer service and is an easy walk to shopping, restaurants, and transportation (Monorail). We loved the updated decor of the rooms. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms quiet. We felt the special conference rate we received was a great price for downtown Seattle. Parking fees, however, gave us some sticker shot - $26 per night!

I will definitely book at the Paramount again, as the good definitely outweighed the hefty parking fees.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for the glowing review. We really appreciate it! We're so happy you found our hotel comfortable and accommodating on your recent trip. We will certainly pass on your compliment to our team. However, since our location is very central and in highly desirable downtown Seattle, parking can be pricey. We are always monitoring the cost, and being competitively priced in relation to other hotels in the area is very important to us. We would love to have you stay with us again if you should visit Seattle.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Our aim was to get away for a few days, do some shopping and have a few good meals. The hotel was very well positioned to do that being central to all the major downtown stores and Pike Pklace Market. The hotel restaurant was no great shakes but it is walking distance to some great eateries. Would certainly return.

Room Tip: Get above 3rd floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the great feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our central location and many dining options. Hope we'll see you again if you should visit Seattle.