“outstanding location, great value, good quality, fair sleep quality”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria
“outstanding location, great value, good quality, fair sleep quality”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

diagonal across the street from the Paramount theatre (Billy Elliot the musical was a one minute walk) and central to all the shopping, transit, museum areas etc. Five minute drive from ferry terminal so avoided all the notorious highway traffic. Free wi-fi. Not a lot of street noise (sirens, drunks, honking etc) which was important as I was to find out. Top notch location. Price was pretty good for downtown Seattle (I paid $145/nt for two doubles) parking was extra $27/nt, and all the usual heap of taxes. Rooms aren't big, just enough room for two people, bathroom had smallish tub but everything was clean and worked. Beds comfortable but the windows seemed to have drafty gaps and the air conditioning unit on it let in outside air and sound as if it was an open window. Had there been much noise it would have been uncomfortable; I wasn't taking chances and jammed the earplugs in before bed. That was my only real complaint, that weird gappy window/air thing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roadkilt
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We really appreciate it. We also appreciate your mention of our windows and air conditioning units. We are currently working on correcting this problem. We are going through each room in a preventive maintenance program and caulking all windows, as well as checking air conditioner units to ensure they’re functioning properly and quietly. Thanks again, and we hope we see you again when in Seattle!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed March 18, 2011

My two girlfriends and I stayed here for New Year's 2011, and it was a wonderful surprise to find out how centrally-located the Paramount was. Our room was beautiful-we still talk about the beds-and we couldn't get enough of the sushi restaurant downstairs! Small portions to share, beyond cheap happy hour prices (we didn't pay over $5 for anything we ordered.) The Paramount was a lovely hotel. Only downside was the valet parking. At $24 a night it seemed a bit pricey, but all in all we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I would love to stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank MLiz209
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us over New Year’s Eve. We really appreciate your feedback. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, dining at the Dragonfish Asian Café, as well as our central location! We understand your concerns about the cost of valet parking. Unfortunately, parking in downtown Seattle can be pricey. However, we’d like to assure you that we are always monitoring the cost, and being competitively priced in relation to other hotels in the area is very important to us. Hope we see you again!
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I was attending a conference being held at the Grand Hyatt. I was unable to get into the Grand Hyatt unless I paid $269/day. I went on line and found the Paramoount directly across the stree at $129/day. It is an older renovated hotel but it was clean and comfortable. There are a number of excellent resturants within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you need or want to stay in downtown Seattle, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CarlJ_77
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Great location, clean hotel, excellent service, nice bar/restaurant that has a great happy hour special. What more do you need?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 18, 2011

After my 4-night stay at the Paramount, I was impressed.
Excellent downtown location: only 1-block from the
Convention Center and a couple of blocks from the
Westlake Transit center (light rail to airport). Room
was clean, well-equipped (mini-fridge, coffee maker,
hair-dryer, iron/board, large TV). Room was made up
nicely each day. I found the concierge staff in the lobby
to be quite friendly and helpful. My only quibble
(a minor one) is that the room had two king beds, and
they took up most of the space in the room. Bathroom
was well-equipped with toiletries.
Book online for best rates, and look for senior discount if
eligible.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jhawk_roadie
San Juan
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I usually don't write reviews but I am an avid reader of reviews and I know how important they are. This was my second time in Seattle,last time I stayed at the INN at The Market. I debated whether to stay here or the Hyatt which was right in front of it. I got this room through Quikbook for 129.00 the night, the Hyatt was at 170.00. The rooms from the website looked less luxurious than the Hyatt but I have to say photos were deceiving. Very comfortable room, beds were queens not fulls. So comfortable. I slept better on these beds than the famous heavenly beds of the Westins where we had just stayed at when we came down from Vancouver. Small lobby very intimate but best of all was location. Two blocks away from all the shopping,Nordstrom, Barnes and Noble, West lake center and the monorail 3 blocks down. Pike Place market is about 6 blocks down on the same street. Don't know the concierges name, it would be the older man in the morning but he had great recommendations for restaurants, each one excellent and was so knowledgeable about the city and when was the best times to go to events. Highly recommend this hotel rooms, they were nice and clean and very comfortable. The best thing is they have an empty fridge so you can put all your goodies that you buy from pike place inside

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MSK-SJ
Portland, OR
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I came here with my basketball team and it was overall a great stay! The staff were very helpful and willing help us so we have a great stay. The rooms were beautiful and clean, nothing to complain about at all. When I wanted to go somewhere, just about everything is very close in walking distance. Just outside the lobby, there's a restaurant called Dragonfish Asian Cafe that has great breakfast, but I never had their lunch or dinner but I heard it's really good!

This just might be the hotel you're looking for during your trip to Seattle

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business