“The perfect spot!”

Ranked #7 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
ladybugthepug
“The perfect spot!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Gaslight Inn was the perfect spot for our recent stay in Seattle. We walk a lot and traveled all over the city. The Gaslight Inn gives you a sense of "local life" and is accessible to excellent coffee, ice cream, baked goods and restaurants. A real value and our host, Bennett was superb. He gave us a quick orientation to the area and away we went...he also pointed us in the direction of the best espresso/coffee my husband has ever had. If you want a more private, charming setting and to feel like you're at home, this is the place. The arts and crafts decor and a balcony off of our room, overlooking the pool, were added treats!

Room Tip: We highly recommend room 105 - has a semi-private balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Grande Dame of Seattle B&B scene. Bennett, the innkeeper, was attentive to our needs in spite of our 8:30 p.m. arrival and helped us sort out our parking conundrum in no time. Try to spend at least two nights at Gaslight to enjoy all of its amenities, such as the heated outdoor pool, which is open between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. during the warm months. Our room was spacious and fresh. We enjoyed meeting and chatting with the guests over the simple continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joseph L
New Jersey
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Gaslight Inn is an absolutely gorgeous example of arts and crafts architecture, beautifully furnished with authentic Stickley furniture and other pieces of the period. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The location on Capitol Hill is perfect for visiting all the Seattle's sights. And there is a beautiful pool should the weather be warm, as it was during our visit.

Room Tip: Room 104 is a two-room suite. Perfect for a lengthy stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dick M
Oakland
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a vacation planned to Seattle and realized fairly last minute our accommodations with friends weren’t going to cover us for the whole trip. I started exploring options on the Internet and was lucky to find the Gaslight Inn. We were hoping to stay in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, and the location turned out to be perfect. The owners were out of town, but the staff on hand took extra great care of us. We stayed the first night and ended up coming back and booking two more nights over the weekend! The innkeeper was very gracious in finding the rooms for us and gave us a great rate. We got to stay in three different rooms and each one was clean, cozy, and comfortable. Even sharing a bathroom on the first night was no big deal. The continental breakfast was always fresh and plentiful and helped kick start our day with coffee.It was fun to talk with other guests over coffee about where they were from and their plans around Seattle. I took a dip in the pool, which was refreshing even on a cool Seattle summer day Like other reviewers have said, the staff was very helpful, but let us have our space. The décor was very fun, lots of art including prints, Native American artifacts, and colorful glass pieces. We easily found our way around the Pike/Pine corridor and enjoyed the many local cafes/bars/restaurants.The Gaslight Inn was the perfect base of operations for a relaxing getaway from the Bay Area, and I would definitely stay on a return visit

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emily W
Palm Springs
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My partner and I spent 2 nights at the charming Gaslight Inn in March 2012 and wish we could have stayed longer! This is truly beautiful property in the centrally located Capitol Hill area. I have always wanted to stay here on my Seattle visits and finally had the chance this trip.

Bennett is an excellent host and made us feel welcome in every way. Wish we had the chance to dine at his restaurant recommendations, but I had our restaurant week choices all planned in advance. This will have to wait until our next visit.

Room 108 had a shared bath on the level below, but we found this to be no problem at all. The room was cozy with a dreamy bed and the whole house was spotless. If you can't tell, we loved our stay here.

The weather turned out to be beautiful, except for the day we left, and we had an amazing time in beautiful Seattle.

Thanks to Bennett and his staff for a memorable stay, and look forward to the next one!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SandSPS
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have just spent a very comfortable three nights at the Gaslight. Had time for sitting by the pool and enjoying the weather on this visit. Once again, Bennett and the staff were very welcoming and made us feel entirely at home. We stayed in 105 which had a balcony and a view over the pool and garden. It was spacious and very well appointed. In all, a great place to stay. Thanks to all!

Room Tip: Not all of the rooms have an en suite bathroom - so if this is important to you, check the configura...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank seanog57
boston
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently visited Seattle for the first time. I chose the Gaslight Inn because I like the personal touch of a B&B. The service was beyond my expectations. Before I arrived the host emailed me with detailed step by step instructions on how to get from the airport to the Inn. Once I arrived I was greeted by Bennett and Daren. The inn was amazing with a few common areas to relax and enjoy a book, ipad, etc. As I sat by the fireplace with my iPad peacefully reading the world news I felt as if I had escaped into my own world.

Daren was a great host. He was very attentive to my needs. The host and staff were always eager to assist me if it was calling a cab or figuring out the train schedule for a trip to Vancouver. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Gaslight Inn and would definitely book there for my next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo