“A True Gem!”

Ranked #7 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Oakland
“A True Gem!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a vacation planned to Seattle and realized fairly last minute our accommodations with friends weren’t going to cover us for the whole trip. I started exploring options on the Internet and was lucky to find the Gaslight Inn. We were hoping to stay in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, and the location turned out to be perfect. The owners were out of town, but the staff on hand took extra great care of us. We stayed the first night and ended up coming back and booking two more nights over the weekend! The innkeeper was very gracious in finding the rooms for us and gave us a great rate. We got to stay in three different rooms and each one was clean, cozy, and comfortable. Even sharing a bathroom on the first night was no big deal. The continental breakfast was always fresh and plentiful and helped kick start our day with coffee.It was fun to talk with other guests over coffee about where they were from and their plans around Seattle. I took a dip in the pool, which was refreshing even on a cool Seattle summer day Like other reviewers have said, the staff was very helpful, but let us have our space. The décor was very fun, lots of art including prints, Native American artifacts, and colorful glass pieces. We easily found our way around the Pike/Pine corridor and enjoyed the many local cafes/bars/restaurants.The Gaslight Inn was the perfect base of operations for a relaxing getaway from the Bay Area, and I would definitely stay on a return visit

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emily W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Palm Springs
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My partner and I spent 2 nights at the charming Gaslight Inn in March 2012 and wish we could have stayed longer! This is truly beautiful property in the centrally located Capitol Hill area. I have always wanted to stay here on my Seattle visits and finally had the chance this trip.

Bennett is an excellent host and made us feel welcome in every way. Wish we had the chance to dine at his restaurant recommendations, but I had our restaurant week choices all planned in advance. This will have to wait until our next visit.

Room 108 had a shared bath on the level below, but we found this to be no problem at all. The room was cozy with a dreamy bed and the whole house was spotless. If you can't tell, we loved our stay here.

The weather turned out to be beautiful, except for the day we left, and we had an amazing time in beautiful Seattle.

Thanks to Bennett and his staff for a memorable stay, and look forward to the next one!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SandSPS
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have just spent a very comfortable three nights at the Gaslight. Had time for sitting by the pool and enjoying the weather on this visit. Once again, Bennett and the staff were very welcoming and made us feel entirely at home. We stayed in 105 which had a balcony and a view over the pool and garden. It was spacious and very well appointed. In all, a great place to stay. Thanks to all!

Room Tip: Not all of the rooms have an en suite bathroom - so if this is important to you, check the configura...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank seanog57
boston
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently visited Seattle for the first time. I chose the Gaslight Inn because I like the personal touch of a B&B. The service was beyond my expectations. Before I arrived the host emailed me with detailed step by step instructions on how to get from the airport to the Inn. Once I arrived I was greeted by Bennett and Daren. The inn was amazing with a few common areas to relax and enjoy a book, ipad, etc. As I sat by the fireplace with my iPad peacefully reading the world news I felt as if I had escaped into my own world.

Daren was a great host. He was very attentive to my needs. The host and staff were always eager to assist me if it was calling a cab or figuring out the train schedule for a trip to Vancouver. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Gaslight Inn and would definitely book there for my next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank scottycole
Orchards, Washington
Reviewed June 27, 2012

In order to find a bad review, you have to go all the way to the last page, which starts with 3 stars. The remaining nearly 100 reviews more than adequately describe the positive aspects of this place. Gaslight Inn is a beautiful turn of century (1900) home with surprisingly well appointed guest rooms and lovely common areas. The location is very convenient, and we walked downtown to dinner. The host was very attentive and made sure we were comfortable. We arrived much earlier than our appointed time, but Trevor was very accommodating and quickly prepared our room while we relaxed in the parlor. Wifi works great in the room, but you may need to strategically locate in the common areas. The only complaint I can think of is there is quite a bit of street noise, but it becomes reasonably quiet after 11pm.

Room Tip: Our room had a nice gas fireplace, but faced the street. Rooms on the back side of the house facing...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark D
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in April on our first trip to Seattle since it looked smart and clean on the website, and that for our first time in a new city, this place would be a bit more inviting and than a bland hotel, and how right we were. From the instant we arrived, we saw how Bennett our host has lovingly assembled every detail of this place, and we were incredibly well looked after. The Native American art they have here framed our visit since a lot of art in Seattle draws on this heritage. The home-made croissants and coffe for breakfast were delicious, and if you're you're still hungry, you haven't far to go to the main drag of the Capitol Hill district. If you're a respectful and respectable person, or at least aspire to be, then you could do a lot worse than to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Taorluath
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The service at Gaslight Inn is exceptional. From booking to checking-out, the host made us feel like a true guest in his home. We were running late and called the host to inform him of our late check-in: he not only offered to wait up to check us in, but he gave us numerous parking suggestions knowing that parking is tricky at night in Seattle. Also, because he had a recent cancellation, the host gave us a free upgrade to a non-shared bathroom room. He was incredibly generous, kind and accommodating. My only regret is that we could not stay longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple