2 people are viewing this hotel
$179
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$180
Trip.com
$169
Hotels.com$180
Priceline$179
travelup.com$188
2,424 results
All reviews spa suite bookstore cafe kimpton hotel pike place market seattle art museum front desk staff ferris wheel happy hour within walking distance an upgrade living room space needle waterfront lobby valet downtown robes
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019

This was my first trip to Seattle and the Kimpton Alexis and its staff were a major part of it being such a fantastic experience. The rooms were spacious with high ceilings and felt almost vault-like in terms of keeping out most exterior noise. The hotel bar and restaurant served great food and drinks with prices being inline with the nearby restaurants. The hotel is within walking distance of several landmarks. The absolute best part of the hotel was the staff. They always greeted us by name and really made an effort to be of service by doing everything from making suggestions for dining and entertainment activities to arranging transportation. My only quibbles with the facility are admittedly first-world problems: (1) my room was an absolute dead-zone for cell service. Unless I put my AT&T phone in the window ledge, it got 0 bars and (2) the TV didn't have a Netflix app. Instead there was the early-2000s era on-demand selection to purchase movies. Despite this, whenever I return to the area this will be the hotel that I choose without hesitation.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank David S
TomtheGMguy, General Manager at The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

David! Thanks for the note - this hotel has 17 different room types and some have these massive huge bathrooms, some not so huge, some have 18 foot ceilings some not. Sort of a Goldilocks experience, but glad you found one that was just right! - hmmmm not sure about the cell service I have copied my IT guy on your notes as that is not normal unless you are down in the dungeon where my office is. Netflix - great idea and will explore how this might happen.
Come back soon, the viaduct is down, park is going up and the renovation is completed. Its a great day down here on 1st avenue.

Reviewed April 28, 2019

My husband and I and two friends spent four days in Seattle and stayed at the Kimpton Alexis and it was wonderful. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is outstanding. The reception staff answered our many questions and and were very happy to do it. We arrived early and they were extremely accommodating and had our rooms ready for us. The location is close to the light rail and the commute from the airport was easy. The room itself was clean, the beds were comfortable and the towels were wonderful. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

1  Thank HappyInHudson

Hey Hudson. thank you for this. The location is often mentioned and the location is getting better. How you ask? - well the viaduct which provided a handsome hum for the last 60 years in this area is gone, a waterfront park is going up and the hotel is finishing a zillion dollar renovation. Its better than ever. You can say all the good things you want about the hotel anytime. Appreciate it!

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Kimpton Alexis is so centrally located to everything you want to experience in Seattle. This was our first trip together and were able to eat fabulous food, go to the Pike Place Market, ferry to Bainbridge, Chihuly Gardens/Space Needle, walk downtown, go to the fantastic Seattle Arts Museum- and all a convenient walk from our hotel. An exceptionally friendly staff (especially Karly), delicious coffee, (thank you Carlotta) and complimentary happy hour at 5 with the Addams Family playing in the lobby for grins.
The hotel bar is one vibrant place for people watching and good drinks.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Grace C

Grace, that was a movie my last family vacation, not really the Addams Family, just seems like it somedays... thanks for the note! the location is always one of the most talked about in these comments and with our new look and feel folks are raving about the rooms. Thanks for the comments and yep - the Bookstore is one of the best for people watching and then there are the drinks!

Reviewed April 25, 2019

It is a boutique hotel and is well decorated and to our surprise we had a fire place in our room with a duraflame log to burn free of charge, room 201. Very quiet. Small in size but packed with charm. Other rooms are all bigger but not all have fireplace. See pictures, it was like a suite with a sitting room next to the bedroom. Not a cookie cutter room. The Bookstore cafe bar had great food.

Room tip: we were in 201 and it was facing street and above bar and we did not hear a thing. I was surprised.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lanicopip
TomtheGMguy, Manager at The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Thanks Lani, The Alexis has a collection of guest rooms which have wood burning fireplaces. This is fairly rare in the downtown core and we are feeling pretty special about it! There are 17 different styles of guest rooms in the hotel and with our new renovation - unveiling any day now - they are all beautiful. There are 4 great Kimptons in Seattle and you can find all the info as well as the best rates at Kimptonhotels.com - cool place to get all the info on Kimptons around the world!

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a kimpton property and I truly enjoyed it.

The hotel is full of charm and character. The room is spacious, high ceiling, well lit with 3 large windows, well appointed with tasteful art and furniture. Upon check in I mentioned it was my parent's 44th anniversary. Paulina took note of it and even prepared a little gift for them during turn down service. Paulina and staff go out of their way to provide a unique experience. Thank you Paulina for your attention to detail and thoughtfulness!

I also forgot my toiletries and they happily sent somebody up with a bag of complimentary toiletries for me.

The hotel also has complimentary bicycles for guests to use during their stay.

Yoga mats in the closest.

There is a evening reception every night in the lobby from 5pm-6pm where they have a variety of complimentary wine and some small hors d'oeuvres. Free coffee and tea from 6am-10am in the lobby. They use coffee from story teller cafe! Nice!

The location is fantastic. Everything is within relative walking distance or a cheap Uber ride around. Pioneer square (10-15 min), pike place market (15-20 min), Chinatown (15 min). Coming from SEATAC I took the Link Light Rail ($3 one way for adults) to pioneer square and then walked 10-15min to the Alexis Hotel.

If you are an IHG platinum member then you also get a $10 raid the bar/mini bar voucher.

Cheyanne also was very nice at checkout. She was able to accommodate my request for a late check-out so I had time to grab lunch.

I was able to get a good night's sleep on the comfortable beds. But did notice sound from the outside. So if you're a light sleeper, request for a room not facing the street.

Also parking could get pricey as it's $43 a day. Unless you have a hybrid or full electric car then it's only half that amount. But that's why it's best to Uber or is public transportation. Go green. Save some green.

The hotel is not big. So the service you receive feels more personable. Would return back here if I'm in Seattle downtown.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank TheHungryPanda
TomtheGMguy, General Manager at The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Hey Panda, - appreciate your note. The location of the hotel has always been a great source of enjoyment for our guests and also sets us away from the rest of the maddening crowd in the city. With the Viaduct coming down the waterfront has a very special feel which will just get better with time. The Bookstore bar in the hotel feels very much a part of this property and the perfect place to watch the world from with a glass or two.
All the good things, here on 1st Avenue.