“Amazing stay; the kind that makes you change where you stay”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stay in Seattle a lot, and have my "go to" hotel. It was unavailable and I decided on the Alexis as a backup. All I can say is wow. I'd stayed once before and it was "nice" but this is the kind of stay that makes you switch hotels. As in, my only complaint is that now I need to rebook all my other upcoming Seattle stays to be at the Alexis. Great job. Friendly and helpful staff, nailed all the little touches that make staying in hotels fun, even when its a very regular occurrence.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner overlooking the Sound. Nice view.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Well I hope this means that we are now your "go to" Seattle hotel?!? I feel that's a good deal that your only complaint is to rebook your other stays...cause we have a whole reservation department that can help with that problem! :) Well I am so happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and we look forward to many more stays with you. Thanks for such a great review, and see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,116)

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Alexis was perfect. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful, and they upgraded us to a gorgeous sweet, completed with complimentary champagne and chocolates.

The hotel has a great location, a free hot chocolate bar, free wine hour, great bar/restaurant, etc. I would definitely recommend staying here, and hope to do so myself soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greatorex7

Always nice to see happy guests writing reviews for us! Thank you Greatorez7 for sharing your stay with us. It looks like maybe you were celebrating something while you were with us?? Happy to hear you enjoyed the goodies we left you! It's also great to see that our guests are enjoying our lobby offerings, like the wine our and hot cocoa bar. Hopefully we will see you for your next Seattle adventure!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Perfect location for exploring Seattle, great staff, wine happy hour is very enjoyable. The Pike Street Market is 4 blocks away and a highlight. Lots of dining in walking distance. Soft bath towels and comfy bed!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us, Signaturedoc!! Thanks for the highlights on your trip, we love to hear what our guests think. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Not only is this the best Kimpton in Seattle, I think its the best hotel in town as well, bar none (including the Four Seasons).It is the sort of property that defines what a boutique hotel is all about. 4 star luxury level with 5 star service in a unique setting that is not the least bit out there or cookie cutter. As an Inner Circle member, this should be your first choice as they have a huge selection of individual suites and are generous with the upgrades. Kimpton knows why you are loyal to a brand and the Alexis does it better than any other Kimpton I have stayed at, in any city. Feels like friend's nice apartment, not a hotel. Excellent management who provided for my every request and dealt with an issue instantly and professionally. The private steam room is a fabulous way to warm up on a winter day and its included! A great value.

6  Thank Drewmc50

Wow, thank you MonkeyGreen for such a wonderful review! We take a lot of pride in our establishment, from our wonderful rooms, to our excellent staff. It makes me so happy to hear what we are you number one choice!! We love our Inner Circle members and appreciate their loyalty to us. We could never ask for more! Especially when they take the time to fill out reviews such as this one. It seems that there may have been a small issue that was handled fast and efficiently, which makes me happy. Thank you again for making us your favorite Kimpton property! See you again soon, I hope!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My Husband and I and our small dog stayed at the Alexis for one night-part business part fun-Access to WI-Fi, a great desk and a great downtown location made work easy-a room upgrade as an in touch loyalty member to a spa room along with the dog blanket and bowls made the fun part easy and .even better. We enjoyed a great room service meal that night. Walking in the area with the dog felt safe. The staff was excellent, again and will plan on another visit to this or the Monaco next month when I come again for business. I parked in a local lot near by - that was easy and in expensive.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower- very quiet. Make sure you close your curtains!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm so happy to hear that you have had another excellent stay! We love to impress our repeat guests with every stay they have. You guys are just as important to us as any other. Thank you for sharing your stay with us! I hope that we get to host you next time you are in Seattle. And always feel free to bring your pup with you! Till next time.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed in a fireside suite which was perfect for a family gathering (in this case,the superbowl). Great service and amenities. Complimentary happy hour is a nice touch. Fitness Center is small, but met my needs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks nfishburne, for sharing your stay with us. And what a game it was too. So happy that you were able to experience the Super Bowl here with us! We hope you get to join us again soon! Our wine "happy" hour will always be here for you. Till next time!

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed over the weekend with some girlfriends. It is in walking distance to everything. We loved all the staff from the valet to the front desk to the maids. The library bistro had a great happy hour. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2014
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thanks for sharing your stay with us! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed not only the hotel, but our staff as well. We take so much pride in the experience that we provide for our guests. It makes us happy to provide that for you! Well we hope to see you again soon!