“Dozens of stays, hundreds of great things to say”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Dozens of stays, hundreds of great things to say”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have never - ever - stayed here and not been blown away by the Alexis. The service is impeccable. The efforts that the staff make to remember you, and to make your stay comfortable are truly unparalleled. I've traveled for business mostly, but pleasure too, heavily in the past 15 years. For the dozens of times I have stayed at the Alexis, I have not one negative thing to say. The valets are engaging and efficient. The front desk staff is charming and accommodating. Even the housekeeping staff are very friendly and sweet. It's clean, it's luxe, it's fabulous. If they're available, they are my first choice of all Seattle hotels. Kimpton does it right - the Alexis does it best.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. The suites are very spacious.
Green Features: They make an effort to let you know that they are eco-friendly, but they are pet-friendly too, and I love that best.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hello gal_away_pdx! Wow, thank you for your wonderful words on our staff. They are a HUGE reason why our hotel is so successful, and I can't thank them enough. But it is pretty amazing when they get to read reviews like this one. I'm so happy to hear that we are your choice for Seattle hotels. Thank you for your review on us and thank you for being our guest. Time and time again. Till next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Portland, OR
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed one night in a spa suite with a special 30% off suites deal. Wow! The room was large, with a nice sofa sitting area that my dog loved. What was really amazing was the huge marble and mirrored Ceasar-esque bathroom with spa tub. Some Seattle friends came to hang out for a while and I was almost embarrassed by the opulence. However, I assured them that I got a cheap deal and no pet fees made it more reasonable. Some hotels downtown charge $100, which is ridiculous. They are really pet friendly at the Alexis, even watching our dog when we all went out to an amazing dinner at Cafe Castagna in the market. They got a healthy tip for the impromptu dog-sitting, so remember to slip them something nice if they watch your fur babies when you are out on the town.

The only drawback is the loudly humming fan, which woke me up at 2:30 am and disturbed my sleep thereafter. I couldn't figure out what the noise (and vibration) was, so I called downstairs. They offered to give me earplugs or change my room. That was very nice (and unnecessary), but they didn't direct me to the heating/cooling system, which I figured out was the culprit when I was fully conscious in the morning. Anyway, they did handle the situation well despite my fitful sleep. The noisy fan system needs to be changed, though!

Overall, we had a great, decadent time in the spa suite. I think some rooms are even bigger at this hotel, and I urge you to splurge on a suite!

Room Tip: The spa suite bathroom is immense and beautiful. Get a suite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi mandypdx! I'm happy to hear that you had an overall great time here. Sorry about the chorus of sounds from the vent. Being such an historic building, we will have some bumps here and there. But I feel those kinks are made up but the beautiful spaces that the building provides. Thank you for sharing you thoughts on our Spa Suites. And I'm also happy that your four-legged pup had a good time too. We love pets here and feel you shouldn't have to pay extra for them to travel with you. So we hope to see you again! Till next time.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I travel about 3 weeks out of every month to many of the major cities on the west coast so I have an opportunity to stay in many hotels. One of my favorite hotels is the Alexis in Seattle. Not only do they always treat people with a level of courtesy that in unprecedented but the rooms are beautiful. The free wine hour in the lobby is a nice way to start the night. Ask for Mike Hill if you need anything and they will find a way to get you what they need. In fact any one of the staff will find a way to get what you need. From Adela, Monika, Cody, Kye, Christina, Keith at the front desk to Chris, Sam, Anthony, Brandon, Christian, at the valet and bell desk to Francisco, Salvador in Engineering to Cissy in housekeeping always make my stay amazing. The hotel is pet friendly with Harrison being the director of pet relations.. A little secret: if you join their loyalty program (which is free) you get a $10 coupon to raid the mini bar and if you stay enough times Lisa in room service will leave your requested amenity in your room. I always get dark chocolate and something local (they left me some local beers this last visit). This is a must stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are nice but if it is a special occasion make sure you let anyone at the front desk...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank raghu r
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thanks Raghu R. for such a wonderful review! You hit the money on the mention of our Kimpton In Touch program. Like you said, you get the $10 off the mini bar, and now we have the "Raid the Bar" cards, where you can use that $10 towards a purchase in either the Bookstore Bar or Library Bistro. It's super awesome! And it looks like you are Inner Circle status...pretty neat! I'm so happy to see that your interactions with our staff members have been nothing but memorable for you. They are all pretty fantastic, and with your choice of words, makes me think you feel the same? Thank you, thank you for being a loyal guest to this hotel. It goes above and beyond for us to hear all the great things you had to say about us. Till next time!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2013

One of the best boutique hotels on the west coast.
The evening reception is a must for meeting travelers and drinking good local wines.
Both restaurants are fantastic and the staff is 100% committed to your happiness.
This hotel is not just pet tolerant - it's pet friendly including a welcome board for all pooches!
Room 201 is my favorite with a cosy fireplace! A+

• Stayed November 2013
We love our four legged friends! Most of us here at the hotel have pets of our own and share that love for furry creatures. :) I'm so happy to hear that we are your "must stop!" That is wonderful! We hope to you and Mr. Smiley back with us for your next Seattle adventure!
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a three night stay at this property in November. The suite was huge with all the amenities I could need. This was my second stay at the hotel and the overall experience was great both times. Stay kicked off perfectly when the valet, Christian, immediately solved a problem that occurred as I walked in the door. Cab couldn't take credit and nearest ATM was broken. Christian paid for the cab without a pause, allowing me to check in without having to panic about where I was going to find $50 for the cabby. All interactions with staff were top-notch and the little bar off the lobby was perfect for nightcaps. All in all, a great hotel...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
I've heard that about cabs not being able to take credit cards...but one of our valets paying? Oh that is fantastic! Good job Christian! That makes me so happy hear. What a nice gesture. Like I have said before in the past, we definitely pride ourselves on our connections with the guests. We want nothing but the best for the guests who stay with us, and I am glad to see that this story takes the cake! Thank you for sharing this with us, it is much appreciated! We look forward to having you back in the future!
London
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Maybe its because we had just spent two nights in the Loden in Vancouver, but the Alexis sadly did not meet our expectations.

The room was huge, but we would rather have had half the space and a really well designed room that didn’t include an open sink area near the bed (in addition to the bar in the entrance hallway) and wardrobe doors that felt like a throw-back to the 1970’s. And for such a large suite, why such a small bathroom with only a shower over the bath? Really disappointing.

The hallways were an absolute state. Once you had negotiated the cleaning trolley and used room service trays, you were left with a tired, strange smelling space with doors straight out of a local motel.

Popping a few bits of art on the wall does not make a design hotel.

Shame. We were really looking forward to staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your notes and thoughts on the layout of the room you stayed in. Our hotel is made up of 121 rooms and each one is different in size and different in its finishing touches. If you aren't happy with your room, just come on down to the desk and we will be delighted to move you to another room or see how we can hopefully find you something a little more to your liking. We do appreciate the review, and hope that you will return and give us another chance! It seems that somehow you missed all the little perks which our guests have come to love, like... complimentary wine hour each night and pots and pots of coffee and treats in the lobby each morning...we like to make sure our guests are happy!
Washington
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Alexis Hotel staff has a " generosity of spirit " that you will notice the minute you check in for your stay. Kimpton Hotels are a favorite of mine and after a recent stay in Seattle, the Alexis heads to the top of the list. First " gift " was an upgrade to an enormous room that could have accommodated my entire family. Thankfully this occasion was for a " sister weekend " but we did so appreciate the extra room. Second lovely gift ~ The very engaging concierge and his knowledge of where we might find the best mimosas in town along with a fabulous brunch ! Next, our request to stay one additional night since power was out on Bainbridge Island. Within 2 minutes question whether staying another evening was fulfilled without my sister and I having to move our room. At ALL times, there was never a sigh of exasperation; an " eye roll " for yet another question being directed their way. If anything, every single member of this stunning property smiled and offered to go above and beyond my expectations. There is a vitality within each member we met on staff. You can just sense they love being a part of the Alexis Hotel experience and we were the ones who benefitted ! Thank you and cannot wait to return ! ~ Nancy

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Nancy! Thank you for posting such a great review! We take so much pride in our interactions with our guests and the way that they feel when they stay with us. We like to make everyone feel as if they were at home and in that, we never hesitate on the requests or needs of our guests. It's the fun part of our jobs here. When guests can walk around with a smile on their face and feel like they are welcomed here, we can feel like we have done our jobs well. I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful "sister weekend" and we look forward to your next visit. Till next time! :)