“Checking out my new Inner Circle status”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I did a mattress run at three of their Seattle properties (Monaco and Vintage Park were the other two) and The Alexis was my second favorite.

I was upgraded to a HUGE and lovely corner suite. It was the second time ever I've experienced a suite where you can shut the bedroom door. The other was their Vancouver property oh so many years ago. I adored the coziness of that. Outside my bedroom windows were two trees swathed in fall leaves. A joy to wake up to..

The lobby is lovely and spread out into two sections.A good place to have coffee and an even better one for their wine happy hour. If you're going to take a steam- a nice sized space you reserve all to yourself, have them turn it on about 1/2 hour prior to usage. I was the first and while it steamed up in about 10 minutes, the tile was still too cold to lay on.

God bless the Keurig coffee machine in my room. I wish the other 2 properties had them. It's not that big of an investment but the reward it would reap in customer satisfaction would go up immensely on that one detail alone. People love their morning coffee. I know I do.

The thing I appreciated most was that Monica at the front desk called over to the Monaco to let them know I was on my way over, so that when I walked in 10 minutes after leaving the Alexis, I was greeted by name and with much fanfare. All the lovely amenities are fantastic-the upgrade, my favorite cheesecake, the spry little goldfish who was my roommate for a day...but nothing rivals that kind of personal touch that is hoped for, but rarely executed, It counts. ALOT.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

I'm happy to hear that we made the cut! Thanks for contributing such a thought out review; this is great! I have to say, one of my favorite things in the fall is the trees outside. And when it's right outside your window, that's even better! Well I am very glad that your stay with us was far beyond exceptional and that it is considered a hotel you would recommend. That means so much to us! Thank you. We look forward to having you back here with us! Till the next time. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)

Reviewed November 19, 2013

From the moment we walked in (valet running to help us), to the moment they helped us into our car ( with a ridiculous amount of stuff) We were delighted around every corner! We explained our horrible day sitting on hwy 2 for nearly 5hrs and having to cancel our reservations we'd had in Leavenworth for months. The staff at the front desk showed personal disappointed for the outcome of our day. They were positive and reassuring that Seattle would still offer us a fun wkend. This lifted my spirits already. Not long after being in our room (we had requested a martini glass as champagne glass be brought up) a manager personally delivered our glasses, a lovely bottle of wine, chocolates, and a handwritten bday note. The extra touch and care was unbelievable and again helped to turn my disappointment into hopes of a fun wkend. The next morning we ordered coffee to be brought up, the woman was so sweet and had fun conversation with my husband to the point that you'd think we'd all were friends. Again above and beyond friendless just improved our stay! Then before heading to find a place to catch the Seahawks game we remembered a few things that were left in the car... Without hesitation a gentleman from valet ran to our car retrieved all our items and was up to our room in no time! He was rocking a hawks jersey so my husband and he chatted about the upcoming game... Again, just like friends! We had drinks in the bar, enjoined the wine social hour, and everything else the hotel had to offer! Everytime we walked in or out if the front doors we were greeted with huge smiles and genuine care... We felt like a couple that had been there so many times we were old friends with every xtra we encountered.

Room Tip: Our room was small but very clean and very nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! That makes me very happy to hear that our staff made you feel like home here. We love when guests feel like the Alexis is their home when they are away from home. I'm sorry to hear about the cancelation in Leavenworth...it's always a bummer when your plans don't go accordingly to plan. But it looks like everything worked out in the end. Thank you again for sharing your story, and we look forward to having you stay with us again. :)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Alexis during our sister vacation in Seattle. Upon arrival our room was automatically upgraded. From the start, the customer service from the desk team, then restaurant and bar, was extraordinary. Their suggestions of activities and restaurants were amazing. The hotel was within walking distance of many things to do on our list. The hotel, staff, and location is excellent and definitely will stay there again on my next visit to Seattle.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

How fun to have a sister vacation! Our guest service agents are very knowledgeable of the city, I find myself hearing about new things all the time. I'm glad to hear that you will be joining us again in the future. Maybe another sister getaway weekend? Till then!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at the Alexis on an overnight trip through to Hawaii. Upon check in we found out that our room had been upgraded to a king suite because they knew we were celebrating a wedding anniversary. We arrived a bit early and they held on to our luggage while we went out to lunch and explored Seattle. When we came back to head to our room we were pleasantly surprised with the gorgeous accommodations. Later the afternoon we also provided a bottle of wine and chocolates for our anniversary. Great touch! The staff was always very friendly and helpful recommending meals options. Great customer service goes a long way in my book!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Happy belated anniversary! I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to take care of the two of you. And I'm glad we were able to surprise you with the amenity and upgrade...it's one of our favorite things to do. Thanks for staying with us, and we hope to see you for many more anniversaries!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Perfect Hotel!! Visiting from Australia...this Hotel made our stay in Seattle magical, on arrival after a long flight a lovely surprise was awaiting in our suite, thank you to Adele. Adele was always fast to respond to my emails before our stay and any questions I had where always answered! All the staff at Alexis Hotel are friendly and always smiling, we tried the room service on our last night, the banana and nutella smoothies are delicious! We enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the hotel restaurant! Already planning our next trip to return, loved it! The bed in our suite was the best, so comfy Great location, awesome room, super staff! Nowhere better to stay in Seattle!

Room Tip: we stayed in the 1 bedroom king suite, amazing !!!!!!!!!!! comfy bed, so much room, just perfect
1  Thank Ezza37

Oh man, all the way from Australia?! Wonderful! I'm happy to hear that Adela was able to keep in touch with you prior to your visit. She's pretty awesome about that! Thanks for letting us know. And I second your notes on the Nutella and banana smoothing, it's fantastic! We look forward to your next adventure with us, cheers!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed in a fireplace suite with my family for a five-day vacation in Seattle. The suite was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating with special requests -- for example, we requested down-free bedding, a mini-refrigerator, and a microwave, and this was all in place for our arrival. This made a week in a hotel with a toddler much easier. Location was great -- easy walking distance to the waterfront, Pike Place market, downtown shopping, etc. If I had to criticize anything, I would say that the decor is a bit eclectic, but given the ample space we had to spread out, I didn't mind that some of the furniture was a little older. The combination of space, service, and location made this room a good value and helped create a great vacation for our family.

Room Tip: Second floor fireplace suite was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I'm happy to hear that your requests were met April! That's wonderful. Our team definitely cares about what they do here, and I’m delighted that was reflected in your stay. And yes, we are pretty eclectic is certain things, which I feel makes us stand out from the rest. :) Thank you for writing this great review, and we hope to see you again for your next family trip to Seattle!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My son and I recently took our first mother and son vacation together to Seattle, and because I wanted him to have a say in what we did I let him choose the hotel we would stay in. He chose The Alexis Hotel due to its location and I could not have been happier. This small hotel is located within walking distance to everything we had on our must see list and offered every amenity we desired. We reserved a double double room and it was huge! No worries about intruding on the others space here! It was twice the size of a Hilton chain I had stayed in last year. Room service was quick and courteous, as was the hotel restaurant and bar. Before you reserve join the Kimpton program and they throw in many perks. I will definitely stay at The Alexis when I return to Seattle!

Stayed: November 2013
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

What a great choice your son made! I'm so happy to hear that the two of you had such a great time. Aren't the Double Queen Deluxe rooms great?! Maybe this will be an annual Mother/Son trip? If so, we look forward to having you stay again!