“Welcoming, friendly staff in a convenient location”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sisters, OR
“Welcoming, friendly staff in a convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I'm very partial to Kimpton hotels. For our Seattle trip, we were looking for a small hotel within walking distance of Pike's Market, Safeco Field, The Seattle Aquarium & Art Museum and ferry terminal. The Alexis location was perfect. Staff is super friendly and helpful, esp. the "door men" ! Our double queen room worked well for 2 adults traveling together, though the bathroom (no tub FYI) is tight for two females trying to dry hair and get ready. No other mirror or surface available for same. Good work space and ample outlets. Lighting for reading not so hot. Big windows for light but sealed shut so no access to fresh air. Wonderful original art throughout the room and hotel. I'd definitely stay here again though I'd wish I didn't have to pay nearly $50 per night to park !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SistersTraveler
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Each room at the Alexis is a little different, so feel free to let us know your preferences (like a bathtub, or windows that open) and we can find you the perfect one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Became a kimpton in touch member prior to my stay, which gives you free wifi in room as well as 10 dollars towards mini bar or snacks. Took light rail from airport and got off at university station. Short 5 min walk thru an area I felt safe with. Room was just as I had seen from pictures and was satisfied. Headed down to pike market and took 5-10 mins, very convenient. Really one of my favorite areas to visit when in Seattle. Only stayed one night, and had to leave early for train to Vancouver, but was given tickets for free breakfast at library bistro. Seems to have good reviews, but cannot personally vouche for. Nice stay, relaxing, great location.

Room Tip: Become a kimpton in touch member...free wifi and 10 dollars off snacks/mini bar.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg O
I have to agree--we're in a great neighborhood! It's a quick trip to most all of our favorite spots in the city.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lovely lobby, good restaurant, but a very disappointing room. It was an upgrade to a huge suite, but it was in the older part of the hotel. One has to walk down a long hall to an elevator that is not near the lobby to get to this part of the building. The hallway to our room was dingy, the doors to the rooms were ugly, walls were dirty.

We were told that our room was not ready and it was suggested we have lunch in their restaurant, which we did. Our room was still not ready and we're told to be seated and desk clerk said she would inform us when our room was ready. We waited and waited. The gal disappeared and we waited for her to return. She never did, so I finally stepped up to the desk to see if our room was ready. A different desk clerk told us that it had been ready for some time. Do not know why we were ignored?

The only way I would stay at this hotel again is if we were guaranteed a room in the newer section of the hotel. The plus side is that the hotel is in a very good location.

Room Tip: Get a room in the newer section of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I am very sorry that you felt ignored--your experience isn't typical of the Alexis, and we would love to make it up to you. Please reach out to me at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com, as I'd be happy to arrange a friends and family rate and make sure you are in the perfect room. Thank you for letting me know about your experience, I hope we can make it right next time.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed recently at the Alexis, for the first time and had a very warm welcome. The room was great, the breakfast excellent, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. We had a particular problem - awaiting skis that hadn't arrived on a BA flight from London, and the staff of the hotel helped us make a number of calls to try and locate our kit, with nothing but support and kind words

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We know traveling can have its difficulties, so we do our best to make it easy!
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a two-night stay and everything was very nice. Our room was quiet and comfortable, as requested.

The location is good and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

We like this hotel group because they are totally dog-friendly, though we didn't have our dogs on this trip.

I would stay here again if I needed a downtown hotel. Oh, they have loaner bicycles. And breakfast in the Library was good.

Room Tip: You can trust the hotel to pick a room; I asked for quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, and I hope we get to meet the dogs next time!
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited the Hotel Alexis for the first time a few weeks ago and had a terrific experience. It was my husband's birthday and the hotel upgraded us to a lovely two room suite, with a sitting room and even a view of the water (if you looked out the side of the window) On the fifth floor in the annex. The room was lovely, but more importantly, the service was top-knotch. The front desk, always friendly, had great dining suggestions (from the Steelhead Diner at Pike Place to the Brooklyn a few blocks away).

The hotel is very well-located...walking distance to Pike Place, the waterfront and Pioneer Square. We liked staying outside of Pike Place, which could get tiresome after a while. My husband and I are Starwood members trying to accumulate more points for flights, but are drawn to the service of the Kimpton brand. The free wi-fi and the $10 minibar credit is a nice touch for Kimpton In-touch members (It's free to join, so why not?). The hotels seem to have great personality. Love the dogs. I did discover, after the fact, that the hotel even has some free passes to the art museum (would have saved me $20 if I had known...so take advantage)

Only minor quibbles...not fabulous water pressure, although nice size bathroom. And really for such a nice hotel, they could use two-ply toilet paper!

All in all, highly recommended and we will return. Also, recommend the Chiluly museum. Fabulous! Even my husband loved it although he went as a sop to me.

Room Tip: Liked the fifth floor annex. Had a view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
You'll be happy to know we are working on improving the water pressure hotel wide, and hope you'll be back soon to check it out!
Hammond, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My best friends were getting married at the Alexis so naturally, most of us stayed there. I had never been to the Northwest before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was thoroughly impressed with the rooms. The rooms were stylishly decorated and the beds were extremely comfortable. The for sales items in the room were a nice touch. I must admit from all the walking we did, I probably drank all the $4 minibar water.

The hotel itself was very nice. I loved going to the Bookstore Bar and the Library Bistro. Borrow a bike was also really cool. The morning coffee reception and evening wine receptions gave me an opportunity to meet other guests who were great guides to things the city had to offer.

The main thing that made our stay so phenomenal was the staff. I have to do a lot of business travel, and though the staff is normally nice and helpful at other hotels, they were exceptional at The Alexis. They all made me and the rest of the party feel like we were residents of the penthouse suite. They were really great to my friends in giving them a wonderful wedding experience. The brides were well taken care of. When I did anything, the door guys seem to be more on top of my schedule than I was. They would let me know when someone was searching for me while I was away. Knowing this was my first trip in the region, they would ask where I was going and give suggestions to places I would enjoy (which I always did). The chef and kitchen staff were awesome! The food was fantastic.

Other friends of ours stayed at the Ritz for a few days after leaving the Alexis and they complained they didn't get the same service. If you get an opportunity to stay at the Alexis, please do. They will make you feel like a cousin come to visit. And you won't regret your time there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you!! It's great to hear that you and your friends got the rock star treatment--you deserve it! We might not be the Ritz, but we think being a Kimpton is even better : )