“Alexis, Seattle - Nowhere better”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Fantastic location, extremely clean. Entire staff friendly and professional. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,116)

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed here for two days - beautiful room, great staff & stellar location. From making the reservation to check out - the whole experience was fabulous. I love that you can bring your pets!
When I checked in, I had a voucher for the rooms, I knew I needed to bring it, the day of our departure my sweet little lily, my bulldog (who loves to tear up paper) got a hold of the voucher and created a "mosaic" of sorts - I brought it anyway, When asked - I told them "the dog ate my homework story" Monica (front desk) just laughed and happily accepted it. About an hour later, some fruit & cookies arrived with a note (torn up a la lily) to enjoy our stay. So funny - and that kind of personal, upscale, exceeding your expectations service is what the kimpton is all about.
And the wine happy hour - lol
A fantastic hotel & more fantastic staff made this stay special.

Room Tip: Be nice to the hard working staff - I am sure all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Haha - the old "the dog ate my gift certificate" story! Love it!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel was really special, the decor was wonderful and the staff were great. We were staying to celebrate our daughters last night in Seattle after completing her first year in college. We were upgraded to the most amazing suite my daughter has ever imagined. She had waiting a fruit plate, water and a hand written note congratulating her. She was really impressed and felt very special. The staff were friendly and helpful and really wanted to ensure we had a great stay, which we did.Cannot wait to return when we head back up in the fall. My new favorite hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Congratulations! Hopefully only three years to go - and then we can help throw an amazing graduation party!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the Alexis in the most amazing corner suite with a harbour view. If you have ever ready Eloise you will know what I mean when I say that it was perfectly Plazaesque =) Fabulous steak in the restaurant, wonderful staff and bellmen. Never staying anywhere else in Seattle. Kimpton does it right!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Yes! We will get your top floor suite ready for your move in - Room service and housekeeping are ready, so you may never have to leave again!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I am a Kimpton In Touch member and once again received excellent treatment by staff. This was my 1st time at the Alexis and will not be my last. Room was clean, nicely appointed and quiet. Hotel staff were friendly and remembered me as I came and went. I am staying there again in two weeks. There is a great Thai resturant close by - reminded me of Thailand, not fancy but great food. Go south two blocks and turn right it is 1/3 of the way down the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northwest corner should have a view of the water.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Sounds like you ate at the Ferry Noodle House - a great spot for Thai food close by. It is right on the way to the ferry terminal, so a great place to stop on the way over to Bainbridge Island or to the water taxi over to Alki Beach.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I loved this hotel!! My room was well appointed and the bed was comfy. Street noise was really bad though. Close walk to Public Market and other attractions. Room service was good! And the staff were just great! Wireless internet kept blinking on and off every 30 minutes during the length of my stay. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I was very sad to leave. You're very close to several food truck stops, be sure to check those out as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

We were sad to see you go! Next time, request a room facing the courtyard, it eliminates all the street noise and is a pretty cool view facing into an inner courtyard. See you soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The hotel was very nice and appointed. It was walking distance to the port and to pikes place, and had a delicious, charming bistro in the building. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple