“The way fish and chips should be!”
Review of Pike Street Fish Fry - CLOSED

Pike Street Fish Fry
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's not fancy, but the food is outstanding! This little hole in the wall, all about quality ingredients prepared right. I have been there twice in the past 30 days, both times I have had the cod with frites, and hush puppies in the side. The sauces are great as well, and all homemade.
It's small, right in the heart of Capital Hill neighborhood, and if you like fish and chips, you will love the food!

2  Thank jtrob

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great food at a reasonable price! Not much seating, but well worth it. Try the fish and chips and the grilled ahi and enjoy! I will be back!

1  Thank mzkatt
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Went to check out this place at 10:00PM. While the folks behind the counter were very friendly, the food was terrible! We ordered the fried halibut and chips, fried oysters (which I heard people rave about) and the grilled asparagus. The fish and chips were on the burnt side. I too looked over at another persons plate and the fish and french fries were a golden color. Not sure why ours were black in color. The fish were more like fried nuggets of fish. The fried oysters were an oddity. When I bit into it, it was crunchy on the outside, but slimy on the inside. Didn’t like the combination of the texture. I did enjoy the grilled asparagus! I was going to order the fried asparagus, but luckily the guy behind the counter recommended to get the grilled because we had ordered the other fried entrees. The sauces were just ok, nothing special. Again, very disappointed. Perhaps the reason why this place gets good reviews is because it’s one of the few fish' n chips places that stay open late!

1  Thank surfchick11
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Visited during a Good Friday afternoon during a long weekend trip to Seattle.

Had the cod and chips which I thought was excellent. Nice crisp batter with moist fish inside. Normally I find the fries at a fish and chip place suspect but theirs were pretty good. Tartar sauce was also good; creamy and dilly. My only minor complaint was that the fish pieces were a set of four fingers instead of a nice larger piece. The fish is also served on newsprint which I suppose is good and bad.

We also shared a set of two fish tacos. They were good but I've had better.

Friendly counter staff and our food came out pretty quickly.

The next time I'm in Seattle, I'm going to try to drop in here again.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Popped in to this literal hole in the wall tucked off of Pike Street (one block east of broadway) and had an indredible meal. Deep fried halibut fish and chips, and my friend had an incredible seared ahi tuna. You get to choose your dipping sauces from an assortment. Check it out next time you're in Seattle!