“worst motel service, policy, value,location, everthing bad here”

Days Inn Seattle North of Downtown
Ranked #86 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 18, 2011

just the worst experience ever, and for the motels on aurora i would rather stay in a tent. i booked my sweet senior mom one night there and they turned her away because she did not have a "credit" card, and only had debit. they were so rude, a girl named kelly to be exact. Left many messages for the manager juney, and she has not returned my calls. just left my mom on aurora with no car and no where to go. just the worst. if it comes down to the days inn on aurora or a dumpy cheap motel with crack dealers and hookers in every room, with random gunfire going off periodically, go with the dumpy crackhead,hooker choice. just awful.

Room Tip: dont choose this motel.just awful
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank travis t
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Seattle North of Downtown

Reviewed September 17, 2011

I'm visiting UW with my daughter and spending the weekend in Seattle so I just used Priceline like I always do to get a decent value on a hotel and I've always had good experiences using Priceline. When we checked in, the hotel would not give me a room with 2 double beds through my Priceline reservation which has always been the standard for this service. They claimed I had to request it in advance or call Priceline but then would not give me the number to call them. They then tried to upcharge me $30 per night for the room I wanted which I rejected. No matter what I told them about my past experiences with Priceline, they would not help me so my daughter and I are sharing a queen bed. The hotel also has no amenities, not even a mini workout room and sits on a very busy road so you can hear the traffic all night. We also have a nice view of a Taco Bell drive through from our window. The one positive is the rooms are updated and clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Advertised as being in the University district, it was actually 4.5 miles from such! Crummy location with scrap yards as only entertainment!
Do not get conned by the misleading location in PriceLine.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This place was fine, I guess. The room was clean. The furnishings were a little old and worn, and the room was not large, but the price was good. Breakfast was edible but not much more. Like a lot of the other reviewers, I reserved this room via Priceline, and I don't know whether it's the hotel's fault or Priceline's, but it is SO not in the "University" area. In fact, the road that it's on is a bit sketchy-seeming, but it gets cute and residential just a block away from the hotel, and it is easily accessible via bus from downtown or the University area.

I asked the person at the front desk if they could hold my bag for a few hours after I checked out, and she looked at me like I was crazy but did agree to hold my bag. Just something you might want to think about if you're staying there without a car.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Kyle H
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This place is a great place for those looking for good value. Good clean room with fridge and microwave. Comfortable beds, lots of hot of hot water and even a free breakfast. Convenient location not far from Northgate and downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here while attending a workshop at UW. I had a $300 travel allowance, so staying downtown for four nights was out of the question.
I booked a room for four nights on http://Priceline.com for $60 a night, using "Name Your Own Price" at the 2 Star level. My total bill for four nights was slightly under $300. But in Seattle, in the summer...that's a deal.
The front desk staff was friendly, the free breakfast was OK, but the maid service was awesome! My room was always done when I returned around 4:45 PM. On checkout I left a small tip...something I don't usually do. In this case, I thought it was well deserved.
Depending on how far you like to walk there are a few pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Twice I walked the 15+ blocks south to the pubs around the NW part of Green Lake and rode the bus back to the hotel. :) In case you are not into walking, really close to the hotel are a Chinese restaurant (across the street) and a Taco Bell a block away (on 90th). Burgermaster is 7 blocks north.
My "commute" to the UW from here via N. 85th Street and I-5 was about 10 minutes...very stress-free.
The one thing that amazes me about Aurora Avenue North between 85th and 98th streets is how many auto repair, auto electric, auto transmission, and used car dealers there are...it is a bit incredible! So that says something about the neighborhood...it is not scenic, but really it's not that bad.
If you don't mind staying outside of downtown and you have a car or don't mind public transport, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank drmorf
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Although this Days Inn is a motel style, the room was clean and comforting. The fridge and microwave were recently replaced, there were a lot of channels on the TV, the bed was comfortable, there were 2 chairs for sitting, and the bathroom had everything that you would need. There is a Taco Bell about 50m away, and a 7-11 and AM/PM nearby.

The complimentary breakfast was limited, but filled us enough to get us going in the morning. Bread and english muffins; coffee, tea, milk, and juice; donuts; cereal and oatmeal; and fruits.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family