“Great hotel at a great price.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Belltown Inn
Ranked #52 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, DE
“Great hotel at a great price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

The staff was awesome. Very helpful, gave me very good recommendations of bars in the neighborhood.
The room was small, but I could've care less for the price I was paying. I spent the first 4 days of my vacation by myself, so there was no issue. The bed took two nights to get used to, but I'm pretty sure most people would have that problem.
The location was perfect, as I was in Seattle to see the city, mostly. Everything was within 15 minutes walking distance. There were some oddball people that spent their time in the neighborhood, but nothing to be worried about. At night, you might get asked for spare change for the bus or a spare cigarette, but never harassed or bothered. Honestly, I've never met nicer crackheads than the ones in Seattle. One even offered me part of her $10 million fortune!
Next time I'm in Seattle, the Belltown Inn is number one on my list.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2009

The Belltown Inn is a charming, recently renovated five floor building that seems to have a lot of quality for a VERY reasonable price. This hotel has many more positives than negatives, but it all depends on what you need. Close to everything downtown, the Belltown is right on the bus line (both good and bad). In the heart of a broad choice of great restaurants, safe and secure. That being said, here are a few of the positives, and a few of the negative......

Positive: Great location, secure (all halls monitored) building, laundry on site, many nearby restaurants, super staff, comfortable beds with kitchenette, plenty of hot water and good water pressure, expanded cable TV lineup, easy access to bus line in "free" zone, nice desk and work area, nice view from rooftop deck, non-smoking facility, limited pet-friendly

Negative: Lot's of street noise ranging from loud talk and yelling to sirens and bus noise, small refrigerator, limited storage & closet space, only one mirror in the room (bathroom), typically expensive parking in lots and very limited street parking, VERY expensive neighborhood grocery in a less-than-desirable climate late at night

Recommendations: Carry a lot of change for the panhandlers on the street (or a really good excuse to say no), try to get a courtyard room (quieter and a fountain provides white noise), earplugs might be beneficial. Parking about $250 a month for reserved parking in a secure garage (many available nearby)

I would heartily recommend this location - easily the best value downtown!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

My friend and I stayed for Valentine's Day weekend and the room, service, decor, and location were really great. The staff gave us a great recommendation for a breakfast cafe that had the best bacon. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattl,e WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times. I've had contact with every member of the staff and they are all amazingly nice people.

The hotel itself is brand new. Rooms are nice, and I've never had any noise bother me.

Parking may be a problem, and the corner its on isnt the greatest at night, but despite that, I'll continue to stay at Belltown Inn any time I need to do business in Seattle.

Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2008

I think it is my duty to warn you to not go to this place. it is awful.

1. Immediate area is SKETCHY (junkies across the street smoking crack, beer drinking during the day in the empty lot next door...)
2. Hotel does not have it's own parking - so you must self-park about 1/2 a block down the road in an unsecure lot in a sketchy area... (costs $15 day)
3. Rude and awful staff (ok, well ONE of them, but she ruined my stay.. see below).

I came to down for a wedding and was pleased with the price of 109. However, I should have known you get what you pay for. Room was ok and clean but nothing to write home about. Definitely fine for the money although the towels were probably the worst towels I've ever used. Parking- the staff told me I needed a parking pass for the lot for each day I was to stay. They alerted me that the passes expire at "12 noon or 2pm - can't remember"... so each day I went to buy a new pass for the lot. An inconvenience but I was paying so little overall I just went with it. Upon my check out I was approached by this older lady who came by to "get back my old parking passes". I told her I didn't save them (why would I keep my old paper parking passes?).. then she became enraged telling me that she was now going to have to charge me 250 bucks apiece for these paper passes (!!)remember, these are for paper parking passes no one ever instructed me to hold onto. Apparently, one pass is good for your entire stay but the staff clearly didn't know this and didn't communicate this to me. Regardless, she continued to threaten me as if I was "holding out" on her. I told her there would be no reason or benefit for me to keep the passes from her if I had them but did not have a time machine to retrieve them at this point. She stormed off on me after I told her I was in shock about her level of unprofessionalism and rudeness. The funny thing is that the old passes ended up being on the floor of my rental car and I gave them to another employee - but the point of the matter is that this horrifying and embarassing incident completely ruined my experience in this godawful place. It was bad until then but that incident was just the topper. I kept reminding myself that that kind of white trash is just what you can expect from such a sketchy spot. it didn't make me feel better. do yourself a favor and stay at the new Silver Cloud like my friends did. They loved it.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sonicpony
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

I found this new hotel by searching for extended stays in downtown Seattle. WOW!! FINALLY an inexpensive hotel in downtown Seattle without emptying out our wallets! AND, you don't need a car - everything was in walking distance!! The front desk people (awesome service) had us heading to every eclectic, fabulous cafe, restaurant and shop in the area (all within a block or two), and we even did the touristy thing and walked up and down the boardwalk on the bay checking everything out. Macys, Nordstroms and all of the great downtown shopping is in walking distance too - and theatres, etc. The studios are a bit smaller than, say, the Hilton or Sheraton, but on the upside they were very cozy and clean. Loved having the kitchenette. You have to pay for Internet in your room (small fee), but we used the Internet in the free business center . I highly recommend you stay here - they really are terrific, and you can't beat the value!

• Liked — The staff and the price!!
  • Disliked — Rooms are a little bit smaller than the Hilton or Sheraton rooms.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelBabette
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night after our Alaskan cruise. The location was ideal since it was only a few blocks away from the pier and it was affordable compared to many other hotels. The immediate blocks surrounding the property had some questionable street people like any big city, but they did not bother us at all.

Although there is nothing luxurious about this place, Belltown Inn has recently been remodeled so it looks very clean. Our room had a mini refrigerator and coffee pot. I believe there is a hotpot available if you request it. There didn't seem to be a working airconditioning unit in the room.

What really made an impression on me and what prompted me to write my first review was how friendly and helpful the front desk staff were. They made some wonderful suggestions on dining (all within a few blocks away), helped print our airline e-tickets, and suggested a reasonably priced towncar to take us to the airport early the next morning. My husband and I appreciated the fact that he was there by 4:30 when our pickup time was 4:45am. Overall if we ever return to Seattle for a longer visit, we'd seriously consider staying at the Belltown Inn again. We could save some money on hotel costs and use our money on other touristy activities.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — No airconditioning
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple