“Great Value and Location”
Review of Belltown Inn

Belltown Inn
Ranked #50 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Just a few block away from Pike st and Westlake Station, its an easy to find hotel and a good point for a base in Seattle. I wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel when I book it and it really surprised me. The staff was very friendly, the room was cheap and the room were well equipped.

The hotel is located in the corner of Bell st and the 3rd street. There is a lot of shops on your way to Pike/Pine St. and you are just a few blocks away from the Space Needle in the other direction. The hotel is just in front of a Firefighter Station so, yes, there is a noise factor possible but for me was okay (I lived in a city all my life so night noise wasn't a factor for me). There was a lot of people staying there that were taking a cruise afterwards because it was very convenient to go to the ports as well.

The staff were a high point from my point of view. They were friendly, they explain the facilities in a very nice way and were always trying to help you. When I arrive, around 11am, they gave me the room eventough the check in was at 2pm. I didn't ask for it and they just gave it like it was a normal thing.

The room I had was ok. There is no A/C but there is a fan and you can open the window if you want. Bathroom and bed were good enough and we even had a small kitchenette with a sink and microwave (We even had complimentary snacks on arrival).

It was a pleasant surprise to find this kind of hotel and would loved to stay again there if I have to go again to Seattle.

"If you like the review like it. I would really appreciate it"

3  Thank RMartinSDXB
There are newer reviews for Belltown Inn

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Belltown Inn and really enjoyed it. The location is fantastic (within walking distance to everything)! The room was small; but fit our needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants,bars, and Pike Place Market, as well was the light rail station. The rooms were small and clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The windows opened onto 3rd AV (no A/C) and the noise was constant.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Belltown Inn. It is excellently located as well as reasonably priced for the location. The room was clean with a ceiling fan for cooling. We didn't need any heating. The room was not large, but was quite adequate, especially considering we were out most of the time sight seeing. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Bicycles and helmets were available, first come first served. There were lots of restaurants and cafes in easy walking distance. We also walked to the Space Needle and Pike St Markets. There is a roof top terrace with a view and places to sit.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside courtyard room if you want it quiet. Our outside room, which had a lovely outlook...
2  Thank JWOzBalmain
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Location: it's very well located just 10 minutes from Pike Place Market, and withing walking distance of the space needle as well. In front and next to the hotel there are a couple of bus stops with plenty of routes going through here. In our case we just spent the night before a cruise and the bus in front took as directly to the port.
Hotel: the hotel is ok, it's clean but just acceptable. It has a small kitchen with a fridge. I see the room being awesome for students but just ok for a couple. If you get a good deal I recommend it just don't raise too much your expectations. See my pictures I think they give a pretty good idea. The bathroom and desk seem like they belong in a big chain hotel but the bed and closet seem more motel like. Also, there's a rooftop terrace that apparently is very popular for smoking.
In general, no complaints, we were comfortable but we just needed a no frills place to spend the night.

1  Thank KNDC3
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I would give the Belltown Inn 5 stars because of the overall value of the hotel. It is in a good location for those who want to be in the middle of it all. We walked to everything (Pioneer square, Pike's Place, Space Needle) and didn't need to have a rental car or taxi. Even the light rail from the airport was not too troublesome to navigate. The front desk was helpful and we appreciate them holding our luggage for us on the last day (with no issues). The room amenities were nice too. In addition, the room was well serviced and clean. The only nit-picky things that were not awesome was the "pillow top" mattress that is really just a mattress cover and didn't lend to the type of sleep you'd expect from a pillow-top mattress. Also, the soap and shampoo had a strange smell so I'd recommend bringing your own toiletries. The market just next door was a great place to pick up anything forgotten back home. We did see some street weary locals (homeless??) but never felt unsafe. Just keep your wits about you...it is a big city after all. We didn't use the bicycles because we didn't feel our skills were up to the level needed to navigate the hilly, busy streets, but what a great thing to offer!!! Also, check out the rooftop deck at night and during the day.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I recently spent one night at the Belltown Inn with my daughter and we found it to be a great home base for walking to see the sights. They will even loan you a bicycle! Staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations--you are surrounded by great places to eat! Our room was small, but comfortable and very clean, with refrigerator, sink and microwave. Next time, I will ask for a room that opens onto the inner courtyard as that would be much more quiet; I am not accustomed to city noise and found that a bit bothersome through the open window. The weather was warm and lovely so we chose to open the window for the breeze. Also, the rooftop was awesome--we enjoyed our morning coffee up there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that opens to the inner courtyard rather than the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family