“Nicely remodeled older hotel”
Review of Belltown Inn

Belltown Inn
Ranked #50 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Nice location halfway between Seattle Center and downtown. Very limited parking, plan to use street parking if you arrive late in day. My room wasn't huge but was very comfortable. The remodeling work was very well done with great fixtures, furniture, tile/grout work, everything. Fridge in room with a couple sodas (nice touch), coffee w Starbucks packets ready to go, comfy bed, ceiling fan (my guess is that it gets warm in here in summer). My south-facing room looked over a park and there was a lot of dog barking late in the evening, not a highlight. Part of hotel seems residential, part travelers. Breakfast/coffee place right next door, being remodeled this month (Jan 2014). Got a good deal thru internet, wouldn't want to pay Westin-type rates for the Belltown, different animals.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Belltown Inn

Reviewed December 21, 2013

After looking at Tripadvisor, we decided to book the Belltown Inn. It was close to the Clipper ferry terminal where we were boarding to go to Victoria. On our return to Seattle, we booked at the hotel where we gathered with other friends to attend a wedding. We requested that all the rooms - 6 rooms - be located near each other. The management and staff were extremely accommodating and we all had our rooms in a section of the hotel. The rooms are small, but very clean. This is definitely a diamond in the rough. The Belltown area will soon be 'the' place to be and the Belltown Inn should definitely be considered. The hotels is within walking distance to just about everything - Space Needle, Westlake shopping, Pike Market and many fabulous restaurants. Thank you to the staff and management for making our stay at the Inn great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Of all the places to stay in Downtown Seattle for $100, oh wait there only seems to be one, and Belltown is it...As soon as I walked into the reception area I was impressed, after Check-in and first look at the room, I was blown away. I really thought I would sleep in a musty, cramped room and sleep on a lumpy bed, but NOOO, the room smelled fresh, no sign of dust, a 30'' flat screen, ceiling fan, sink, mini-fridge, Free sodas and popcorn!.
The staff was polite, knowledgeable, and very accommodating. I stayed there while I was enrolling in a local area school, and now I am certain I will get a room for several months instead of renting an apartment. The windows were fairly new, double-paned, and kept the street mostly quiet.

Room Tip: Okay so the floors are somewhat thin, so request a 5th floor room, NORTHWEST facing to avoid traffic...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed December 13, 2013

If you want to be in the center of everything this hotel is your choice. You will be surprised how good this hotel is and how very little you have to pay.
Prices is very reasonable, rooms are nice and clean and stuff is suspiciously friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Apples_Oranjes
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great location, the price is great, the room was spacious enough, and the bed was comfortable. Those were the good points. Bad points: the parking. As in-- there is none. This needs to be advertised much more than it is. We were told by the barely interested staff as we were checking in there was none, and that there was a lot across and down the street that could we park in for the night. Drove down, told the parking guy we were from the Belltown Inn, he had no idea who or what that was, then told us that we had to be back at SEVEN IN THE MORNING to renew or the car was being towed. Asked him if I could just pay him for the additional hours now, just laughed and shook his head no. This is inexcusable for this hotel to not have any standing deals with the nearby lots to provide guest parking. One other thing---when I walked into the room, it was STIFLING, with the heat turned up full blast. Ran to the thermostat, turned it all the way down, heat kept running. Called the front desk (growing more annoyed with this place at this point), was told AGAIN in a barely interested manner "Oh yeah, it does that" and that it would eventually turn off after a few minutes. So, my options were to suffer in the heat, or open the window and listed to trucks and buses all night. Needless to say, the room was stuffy and uncomfortable for the duration of my one night stay. Next time I'm in Seattle, I'm seeking other options

Room Tip: Be prepared--they offer no parking and no good alternatives. Ask them NOT to turn up the heat bef...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John C
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Walking distance to Pike Place Market, Space Needle, tons of shopping, Downtown, Pioneer Square, pier, ferries. Wonderful, central location surrounded by delicious food, coffee shops, bars. Right in front of bus station to get anywhere in the city. Nice staff, clean and comfortable room. I would absolutely stay here again and would never need to stay anywhere else in Seattle!

Room Tip: No fitness center, sorry.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I searched on downtown Seattle hotels and was swayed by the geometric design on the outside of the building (yes...that spoke to me), the roof top deck with the fabulous view of the Seattle skyline, the 100% nonsmoking facility, and the fact that the Belltown Inn is within walking distance of the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal at 2225 Alaskan Way.

The staff were exceptional in recommending transportation, restaurants, etc. I just loved my stay at the Belltown Inn and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I know some people were bothered by the street noise but it's a downtown hotel. Experience the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple