“Winery Tour”

and up
Snoqualmie Falls and Seattle Winery Tour
Ranked #13 of 80 Food & Drink in Seattle
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went on the Snoqualmie Falls & Winery Tour in September 2012. Cory was our guide. He was excellent, very knowledgable. He made the tour very enjoyable. I recommend this tour. Money well spent.

2  Thank Somdev R
in 45 reviews
in 20 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Customized tours - amazing! Tour guide was Cory. Very funny, friendly and knowlegable. Our tour had 22 people and was alot of fun. Very fun atmosphere. The limo bus was so nice. Definately felt like I was treated here. We went to some great wineries, Januik Winery - really great wine. They let you choose 4 different wines from a list. And then treat you with a late harvest reisling - which was my fave. So sweet how could you not love it. In between wineries, they take a lunch order - which you can choose from sandwhiches from the cafe called PURPLE cafe located at 14459 Woodinville Redmond Rd. NE Woodinville, WA 98072. It's 15$ you get a sandwhich, fries, or salad and 1 bottle water. You can't pay with anything other than cash. I ordered the HOUSE ROASTED TURKEY AND HAVARTI, which I wasn't impressed with. It was very dry, and falling apart. It seemed like I got only a half, and my neighbors got a whole. Not sure how or why that happened. The fries were good however. And the food quality is in no way the tours fault. Just letting you know my experience. Next winery as the Columbia winery, which I thought was very knowledgeable, and intimate setting. While I was in a large group (22 people) they explained the wine tasting very well. Her name was Sara, and she was quite nice. She taught every one how to taste the wine correct using the 5 S's. 1. See 2. Swirl 3. Smell 4. Sip 5. Savor. It was wondeful, tasted 2 wines, red and white, and then they had a late harvest reisling, which was better than the one at januik. After the tasting, we got our boxed lunches. Then we got back in the bus, to drive accross street (could have had us walk) to Chateau Ste. Michelle, where there is not free samples (by free I mean come in the price of the tour). There was so many people there (not just from our tour group) that it was impossible to get a glass, or a tasting to be frank. Didn't taste anything here because of the lack of service. From here we get back on the bus and go to Snoqualmie Falls. Which was beautiful. There isn't much of walk here to see the beauty, and I would highly suggest making the trip to see such great beauty. After this we head to Boehms Candy where you get to see some of the factory through the windows, and even taste some chocolate.It was very good chocolate. At each location they give you oppertunity to purchase, use restrooms, etc. Our tour was extreamly fun. And I would so do this again. Well worth the money. But maybe hunt around for discounts too! There were a few issues with our particular tour, that might sound horrible to some people. But by the time it happened we were all wined up and loose. So it wasn't a big deal, and I will just name them so you can be aware, it may happen.

First, the bus was late to pick us up, by almost 35 minutes. Secondly, it took a long time to get out of the city. Although, I think this would be expected. because of the late start ( I don't think it was the driver, but rather the other passengers)and because it took so long to get out of the downtown Seattle area, our trip ran over the 6 hours. But the driver asked, if we wanted to cut or if we wanted to just do everything and forget schedule. Of course everyone said forget the schedule. So we did. That being said, we got back into the city and hour and a half after we was told we would be. People weren't being dropped off at their hotels so much, they would say let me off here. The traffic was so bad, and taking so long that we actually had to switch vehicles part way. But by this time there was only 3 couples (6 people) - most every one had already gotten off at the time. The traffic was horrendous and not budging. I had him drop me off at the market, because I knew I wouldn't be able to get back to the hotel and drive back down to make it to a show at 6:30. This all being said - it wasn't any of the drivers or the companies fault. It was a great tour - very fun time. I am now a customer for life. And I would suggest every one go!

2  Thank ndj12
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The wine stops were very informative
Our tour guide was great
Van ride was a little bumpy
The falls were spectacular
Tour is a little long and could be shortened
Needs to be scheduled to leave earlier as this six hours kills a whole day

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We decided not to rent a car while in Seattle and this was a great way to see some of the beautiful countryside and taste some great wines. Seeing the falls was added bonus,as well as picking some fresh blackberries from the roadside. Top it off with some great chocolate at the end and what's not to like. Corey was great guide, so ask for him.