“Ghost Pirate Escape "Room"? Yes Please!!”
Review of Hourglass Escapes

Hourglass Escapes
Ranked #4 of 78 Fun & Games in Seattle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An escape room is a real life adventure game where players are in a room and must use objects they find in the room/environment as well as their brains to solve a mystery or set of puzzles within a set time limit to reach a goal or "escape" from the room or situation. These are popular team building exercises and family friendly fun. It’s basically a 60 min live action movie with you as the star!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 9, 2017

My friends and I just finished Tales of the Ghostly Galleon and it was an absolute blast! The puzzles were challenging but never got frustrating. Every time we solved a puzzle it felt like we earned it. Also, pirates, ghosts, and wearable pirate hats?! How can you ARRRRgue with that?!

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Hourglassescaps, Owner at Hourglass Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Ahoy Chris! I'm glad you enjoyed the game. We hope to Sea you back at Arrh place for some more escape room fun!

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 9 reviews
"fun hour"

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Seth was great and we had a blast celebrating our friend’s birthday! This was our third room escape game and we loved the Egyptian theme and experience! Highly recommend!

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much! Your group was awesome, I hope she had an amazing birthday weekend.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

I went with a group of 9 friends and this was our first Escape game. At first I was worried because our game guide was a little awkward, but once we got our characters and flashlights and were led into the room the worry was gone. It was a great experience, the puzzles were varied and just difficult enough that it really took a group effort to solve. The sarcophagus in the middle of the room had all these bells and whistles about it it was so cool. There's a big TV with a countdown clock that makes each second feel super important and I loved it. I don't have other escape rooms to compare this with, but stand alone it was awesome and worth it!

Date of experience: September 2017
Hourglassescaps, Owner at Hourglass Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you Nicholas, I am glad we are the gateway into escape rooms for you. It's great when we hear how much first time players enjoy themselves.

Cheers

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Family had a wonderful time, well run by excellent staff. We will definitely be back for another adventure.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much! We look forward to your return-

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I brought a group of friends with me. We had an amazing time! It was a very intriguing aventure in the room with awesome technology. We shared the room with a family and a small child. She didn't break anything but kind of got in the way of our puzzle breaking experience. I would suggest having childcare or being more upfront about the rules involving children.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Hourglassescaps, Owner at Hourglass Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hi Martha,

I am very happy you had a great time, I realize there was a challenge with the other group and I have instructed our Game Masters to enforce the age restrictions better going forward.

With that said, you and your friends were awesome and it means a lot when I hear people had fun, and I personally appreciate your understanding of the situation. It was very nice meeting you. Feel free to reach out next time before you book and I will arrange for your next game to be private as a way to thank your patience.