“History and mystery!!”

Ranked #16 of 162 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Underground Paranormal Experience gives you the expertise and equipment to do your own investigation. Search for paranormal activity in the famous Seattle Underground using the same sophisticated investigative equipment employed by trained professional paranormal investigators. The Underground Paranormal Experience may haunt you for the rest of your life. Don’t Watch Ghost Hunters. Be One!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We learned so mch about the early history of the city by exploring the Seattle underground. It's amazing to see how the city grew and changed. The guides are funny and very knowledgeable. It's amazing what goes on below the Seattle streets. The mystery is where you might see a ghost! Look next to the bank!!

1  Thank twerner
Write a ReviewReviews (4,143)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The tour was fun and funny. It was full of Seattles history. You litterally walk underground and look up under the sidewalk. The tour guide was fantastic. Thy sell food and drinks but tour starts in really cool old bar and then heads underground. I would recommend this if your looking for historical background of the area. The tour was well over an hour so leave lots of time. And parking is tricky ...we lucked out finding one free spot because it was after 5.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Last year I did the original tour during the day , which was really good the only down side was that we had a really big group. This time round my husband and I did the smaller tour the underworld tour . I can honestly not remember that last time i had so much fun , it was a small group of four and our guide Gail was great fun , she loved her subject matter and really knows her stuff . We also enjoyed some drinks together after the tour , Gail is a great guide

It was very adult opinionated so dont take the kids ! the price included a drink . I would say do the original tour first so you get the full history of Seattle and then do this kind of tour for a top up on the seedy history of a great city .

UndergroundTour, Marketing Assistant at Bill Speidel's Underground Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for the review. We're happy to hear you had a good time on the Underworld Tour.

We would like to clarify that the Underworld Tour is for ages 21 and over only. The Underground Tour is appropriate for all ages.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My first impression was that this would just be a boring trip through dingy cellars with a few old artifacts here and there, but that was certainly not the case. The actual underground tunnels themselves are pretty much unremarkable, but it’s the narration by a good tour guide of the history of the city as you go along where you will see Seattle’s story unfold before your very eyes. If you get a bad guide though, well, you might as well just throw away your time and money.

While I was not able to jot down the name of our guide for purposes of recommending her in this review, there is a wall near the souvenir shop at the end of the tour where they have a short write up with a picture of each guide. If I’m not mistaken, her name starts with a “K” and she has some experience in theatre. Look for her and ask when she does tours.

One word of advice though: NEVER, EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THE SOUVENIR SHOP AS ITEMS ARE OVERPRICED. One ref magnet I liked was marked at around $6.99 (without tax yet), but was just priced 2-3 dollars cheaper in other shops around Seattle. Good thing I didn’t buy on impulse!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a great tour, good knowledgable speaker who answered a lot of my groups questions. Gives you an insight into the local history and in particular the 'innovation' of the pioneers in that area. I mean if the town is flooding - lets build walls and make a new level of the street... my local city could learn a lot from this!!! There are a few stairs, but the tour moves at a leisurely pace.