“extraordinary experience”

Bon Vivant Wine Tours
Ranked #8 of 74 Food & Drink in Seattle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Create memories in Washington Wine Country! Bon Vivant Wine Tours of Washington State offers guided small and large group tours from Seattle to premium Washington State wineries, vineyards, and tasting rooms, led by wine knowledgeable and friendly guides. Bon Vivant Wine Tours delivers beautiful scenery, local flavor, and personal connections to Washington wine producers, in a delightfully intimate atmosphere. It will be a day to remember!
Brooklyn, New York
“extraordinary experience”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I accidentally fell into this tour and I am indeed happy I did! Don is a great and well informed host and we got to taste some extraordinary off the beaten track wines generally not available outside the state. The tour gets you free admission to many tastings an the opportunity to meet some very interesting people. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013

“First Time Fun”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I went on our first wine tour and this was a fantastic experience. Our guide was knowledgeable, patient and with the input of the group created a custom tour just for us. The other members of our tour were more experienced wine tasters but that only added to our experience. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone considering it.

Visited August 2013
Seaside, Florida
“wine tour”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My brother (a local) and I had the pleasure of taking a tour with Donald Ward. He was a terrific guide and the tour was so much fun. He asked prior to the tour what I was looking for and what kind of wines I was interested in and he took us to some specific wineries to match my tastes. I tasted some delicious wines and got a good sense of what the area has to offer, it was educational and fun. I highly recommend their company and would not hestitate to go on another tour with them. Donald was a gracious, enthusiastic and knowledgable host.

Visited April 2013
Alberta, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great wine and fun in Woodinville”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you are in the Seattle area and like wine then this tour is a must. Woodinville is only half an hour from downtown Seattle or about 10 minutes from Bellevue. Bon Vivant is the go to tour for this area. I did not even see any other tours that day. Michael responded quickly to my email, personally phoned me and discussed my winery preferences based on some research I had done. I provided a list of requests where to go. They usually do about 4-5 stops on the tour. We were picked up at our downtown hotel by Dapper Don. Classy gentleman who is well educated in wine with the formal training and connections to the wineries to ensure your perfect day. Don made great suggestions and reccommendations based upon his knowledge and experience. He personally provided great insight to the wineries that I had requested and let us make the decision of which ones to attend. We went to some that he selected and some that I had requested. This was perfect as some of the wineries that I wanted to go either had high cost tasting fees or their best wines were sold out. Don also takes the time to gauge the group on what they like and give his best advice. I loved the fact that he is honest about his views and calls them as he sees them. If a wine or winery is not up to their high standards he will tell you. He wants to make sure you get the best experience. He chose wineries not on my list that I enjoyed more than some on my list. Lunch at the Purple Cafe was perfect for the food, wine, location and atmosphere. There are two distinct tasting room areas in Woodinville: Hollywood district and warehouse. Both very different but unique and enjoyable. Especially doing a tasting on a patio on a beautiful sunny day. One of the things that I also enjoyed about the tour was the small group tour they do. We were seven people and it felt like a group of friends not a typical big bus load mass wine tour. Not only did we drink and buy great wines but we had a lot of fun doing it. I think everyone wanted to stay longer but the wineries were closing for the day. So many wineries there that we probably have to go back to do more. A must attend tour in the Seattle area that is so close to the city but yet miles away from the hustle and bustle. Go to Woodinville with Bon Vivant for a guaranteed great day.

David and Avaleen

Visited July 2013
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expertise in every sip!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Normally when I read reviews such as those on the right side of your screen I often wonder ... well I just wonder. Never-the-less here I am writing one of those reviews....While in Seattle on business I was thrilled to have an opportunity to spend a day doing some wine tastings, and since I wanted to be responsible about it, I decided to hire a driver and was very pleased to discover Bon Vivant Wine Tours. while we were still making our appointment, I was excited to hear Don ask me specific questions of the type of tastings I was interested in.
Perhaps more than some folks I really did have quite a list of demands. Which were absorbed with much appreciation by Don, now at first that was surprising. But as our appointed day went along I soon realized that Don is as much a student of wine as I am, and proved himself quite the guide and by the end of the day quite a friend.
As a Certified Specialist of Wine, I highly recommend Don and the team at Bon Vivant.
Jerry C. CSW

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JerryCSW

Been to Bon Vivant Wine Tours? Share your experiences!